276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Edifier S1000DB Brown Active Audiophile Bookshelf Studio Speakers with Bluetooth aptX & Multiple Input Connections

£139.995£279.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

One thing Edifier tend to excel at is accesories. The S1000DB’s are no different, they come with a selection of fantastic quality cables: The mids ensure the vocals sound amazing and highly detailed, it’s just the vocals didn’t sound as good as they should, perhaps the adjustment I made to the high end affected the mid range frequencies. In this price category, your speakers become more than just speakers. Now you are not looking at the sound quality only. You need other features like aesthetics and overall ease of use and multiple connectivity options. There you have it. Both S1000DB and S2000Pro are quality speakers. The S1000DB features premium quality materials and performs much better all things considered.

Edifier S1000DB Brown Active Audiophile Bookshelf Studio Speakers with Edifier S1000DB Brown Active Audiophile Bookshelf Studio Speakers

These speakers certainly don’t need to move around much. So, make sure you place them right the first time. Edifier S2000Pro The frequency response of these speakers ranges between 48Hz and 20kHz and with a total output power of 120W, these speakers can handle vocals and instruments without compromising on bass. Build Quality Edifier S1000DB Overall they sound great. These speakers would be perfect for an outdoor setting, (in the dry weather of course), such as a family BBQ due to the sound being able to carry and project itself. Summary and Verdict This product is in "Excellent condition". The screen and body show no signs of cosmetic damage visible from 12 inches away. They give you a decent 120 watts in each speaker, producing a total power output of 240 watts. They’re stylish design allows them to look at home in almost any environment. I tested these out in a conservatory and a kitchen and they didn’t look out of place in either of the rooms.

The S1000DB’s are almost flawless, the only thing I feel letting these down was Bluetooth Connectivity, I struggled to connect my iPhone on more than one occasion. It seemed to take a while, but did eventually connect. Sometimes I’ll read an instruction booklet that has been written by someone who isn’t a native English speaker and it’s not very well written but, this one has been done well. Each of these speakers is over 20 pounds in weight and it would be better for you not to move them around too much. Edifier claims it to be a studio speaker but at its core, these speakers have a bookshelf design. They are large and won’t work well if you consider them to be your computer speakers. These speakers also come with Bluetooth connectivity and support aptX codec, similar to the R1000DB.

Edifier S1000DB vs S2000Pro - Which is better? | The Hifi Guide Edifier S1000DB vs S2000Pro - Which is better? | The Hifi Guide

Edifier have paid particular attention to the finers details. The result is spectacular. They have ensured the finished product is almost perfect. The speakers fit together well, with no mismatched edges or scuffed finish to the plastic or wood textures. All these controls are made of solid metal when you use them. There is a digital volume pot along with a couple of treble and bass dials. They provide you with 6dB of adjustment on both sides. In this in-depth comparison between the Edifier S1000DB and the S2000 Pro, we will be discussing all aspects such as sound quality, build quality, controls and some important things you need to consider.

S1000DB also comes with the same type of SNR that is present in Edifier R1700BT as well as R2000DB. It means you will experience some small hiss from these speakers and it will increase as you increase the volume. Each of these speakers weighs around 20 pounds, which means they are quite heavy, even more than S1000DB. But the good thing is, these speakers have a solid construction and the Edifier has properly branched them. And it’s just not about the controls and sound quality with these speakers. S2000Pro looks aesthetically very pleasing with its wooden panel that will enhance the ambiance of your room. Without a doubt, all these features are something you can associate with a high-quality pair of speakers like S1000DB. And adding to that, these speakers come in a wooden encasement to add to the looks. If you don’t have any budget concerns, these speakers will serve you well over time and they are worth it at this price point. Edifier S2000Pro I really wouldn’t use these as bookshelf speakers in the traditional sense. Bookshelf speakers are perfect for gaming set-ups, PC or console use.

Edifier S1000DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth 4.0 - Optical Edifier S1000DB Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth 4.0 -

When we talk about S2000Pro speakers, they are quite close to S1000DB especially when it comes to building quality, aesthetics, and overall weight. The sound quality that S1000DB can produce is outstanding thanks primarily to its dual driver that features a 5.5-inch bass driver boasting a 35W woofer and 25W tweeter. In total, both speakers can produce up to 120W of sound output. There is a standard volume dial that will allow you to end the sound according to your requirements. You can conveniently alter bass and treble with these dials and can create a variety of sound profiles. Edifier is one of the top-selling brands when it comes to speakers. The speakers from this brand are equipped with the most innovative technologies. They also deliver top-notch performance and serve to be a good aesthetic addition to your living space. S2000Pro speakers are even bigger than S1000DB, and of course, they are heavier too. The dimensions of these speakers are 20.28-inch x 17.32-inch x 14.57-inch and they weigh around 41 pounds in total.The only problem here is the plastic grilles these speakers have on their front. And Edifier has covered them with fabric. It might be a bit of unfair criticism, but these plastic grills don’t go well with the quality of wooden panels. Controls Edifier S1000DB Edifier S2000pro Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field Active Studio Monitor Speaker... While the lows sound great and low to medium levels, it does start to lose quality at the higher levels. This is where a subwoofer should come in. I also really like the grills that protect the driver, the partially exposed tweeter gives a bit of modern style paired with the more classic wood design of the speaker body. But, be careful not to bash them, the metal grill covering the tweeter is fairly weak, it’s more for style than substance. I grew up in the 70s and 80s and audio perfectionist fast forward 2021 I take a chance and buy these Edifers refurbished I am thoroughly happy with them for TV and for jamming nice crisp bass mods and highs

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment