276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Revolver

£63.1£126.20Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Greatest Albums of All Time: The Beatles, 'Revolver' ". rollingstone.com. 31 May 2009. Archived from the original on 26 March 2014 . Retrieved 24 June 2017. VG Lista – Album Top 40 (38/2009)". norwegiancharts.com. Archived from the original on 27 December 2011 . Retrieved 28 June 2017. In 2021, Martin admitted he was looking “to do something really innovative” with Revolver, “as opposed to just a remastering job.” Matrix / Runout (Side B runout): 0602445599530-B 1359065 245165E2 MILES. ABBEY ROAD 1/2 SPEED. ROOM30 Marszalek, Julian (31 October 2012). "Prophets, Seers & Sages: Tony Visconti's Favourite Albums". The Quietus . Retrieved 24 June 2017.

I'm baffled as to why UMe/Apple decided to go with GZ for this box, as all the discs are noisy even after wet/vac cleanings, have tight spindle holes, and are slightly warped. Was Optimal not available? How about Pallas? I know that QRP has their hands full, but surely someone with a better reputation could have been tapped. Or perhaps it was all about keeping things cheaper on the manufacturing end.

Credits

While recognising it as the inspiration for the Moody Blues' 1968 album In Search of the Lost Chord, Everett says that Revolver 's most profound influence on the Beatles' contemporaries was through "its general emancipation from Western pop norms of melody, harmony, instrumentation, formal structure, rhythm, and engineering". [418]

As box sets go, the Revolver “Special Edition (Super Deluxe)” collection has its work cut out for it, as it must satisfy everyday Beatle fans and yet also cater to those who examine every lyric and note with the rigor of an academic scholar. It has to revitalize some very familiar music, and then document how that music was created without getting so deep in the weeds that it kills whatever excitement it creates. Edit: the 7" is a beautiful addition. But the mono album cut... being born and raised on stereo recordings, loving their fidelity and possibilities, this mono album cut is extra-terrestrial, overwhelming beauty all the way. I am a true believer in atheism, but this record could be able to convince me of divinity, and again: reading records had be returned three times (without satisfying results) makes me wonder. I had my "Goats Head Soup " experience with GZ media, the record not being a 187% perfect, but 99.5 percent of my GZ media experience has been extremly satisfying, this set of records being a good example of their ability to deliver greatness. I feel that the one little noise that appears on almost any vinyl will be highly exaggerated by some people who won't praise pure quality made by people east/ west/ north & south of their hemisphere. GZ did everything right with this one, proper works for which I cannot praise them highly enough. Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, Variant 2): 0602445599530-A 247583E1 1304678 MILES. ABBEY ROAD 1/2 SPEED. ROOM30Savage, Jon (2015). 1966: The Year the Decade Exploded. London: Faber & Faber. ISBN 978-0-571-27763-6.

Uncut staff (12 December 2013). "The Beatles to release new 13CD box set of their US albums". uncut.co.uk . Retrieved 24 June 2017. Hodgson, Jay (2010). Understanding Records: A Field Guide to Recording Practice. New York, NY: Continuum. ISBN 978-1-4411-5607-5. MacDonald deems Lennon's remark about the Beatles' "god-like status" in March 1966 to have been "fairly realistic", given the reaction to Revolver. He adds: "The album's aural invention was so masterful that it seemed to Western youth that The Beatles knew – that they had the key to current events and were somehow orchestrating them through their records." [404] MacDonald highlights "the radically subversive" message of "Tomorrow Never Knows" – exhorting listeners to empty their minds of all ego- and material-related thought – as the inauguration of a "till-then élite-preserved concept of mind-expansion into pop, simultaneously drawing attention to consciousness-enhancing drugs and the ancient religious philosophies of the Orient". [314] Author Shawn Levy writes that the album presented an alternative reality that contemporary listeners felt compelled to explore further; he describes it as "the first true drug album, not a pop record with some druggy insinuations, but an honest-to-heaven, steeped-in-the-out-there trip from the here and now into who knew where". [405] [nb 33]In its lyrical themes, the album marks a radical departure from the Beatles' past work, as a large majority of the songs avoid the subject of love. [153] According to Reising and LeBlanc, the lyrics on this and the band's later psychedelic records capture the psychedelic culture's belief in the truth-revealing qualities of LSD over the illusions of bourgeois thinking; reject materialism in favour of Asian-inspired spirituality; and explore the overlap in meaning between a "trip" and travelling, resulting in narratives in which time and space become blurred. [154] Where the songs do present as love songs, the authors continue, love is often conveyed as a unifying force among many, rather than between two individuals, or as a "way of life". [155] A bonus disc on the new expanded, remixed and remastered box set of 1966’s Revolver offers an even more transformative experience: a jaw-dropping sequence of Yellow Submarine work tapes traces the song’s evolution from a fragile, sad wisp sung by John Lennon to its later iteration as a Ringo Starr-directed psych-pop goof. That the band steered Yellow Submarine from morose folk trifle to boisterous stoner singalong seems improbable, but the tapes don’t lie: through a combination of focused acoustic woodshedding and whimsical studio risks, the band arrived at the more familiar, upbeat Yellow Submarine.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment