276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Not a Diet Book: Take Control. Gain Confidence. Change Your Life.

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I was so excited when I found out James was brining out a new book. Im a huge fan of his podcast and really enjoyed his first book Not a Diet Book. It came out at the right time for me personally and Not a Life a coach has absolutely nailed it’s timing too. The book is part self development, part stories about James’s own development and part him adding definitions to words or phrases. Reading about his desire to make Australia mirrored much of my own experience – having been twice deported but having now lived in Sydney (albeit via a three-month stint in both Los Angeles and Bali) for almost four-and-a-half years, it’s certainly a country that has an allure for many people, however hard the government try to makes it for expats to stay.

Not a Diet Book: The Must-Have Fitness Book From the Wo… Not a Diet Book: The Must-Have Fitness Book From the Wo…

Be it running, swimming, cycling or weight training, the type of exercise you do impacts on how you can recover. Not only that the person internal variable such as gender, age, environment, genetics and external variables such as sleep, nutrition, stress and hydration all affect how fast he can recover. Always take a time off than to force it, unless you want to trade a few days of rest for several months of injury. We’ve all gone too far. Why can’t we all just be f*****g normal? Who wants to be perfect all of the time? No you might not be able to just up and leave country at this given moment, but if you so desperately want to you can plan to make that happen. It may be more difficult if you have other responsibilities but those are a direct result from choices you made. I think we all need to take more accountability for situations we find ourselves in and stop begrudging others. This isn't new or innovative but I can see how James' personality and his philosophy would make for a convincing proposition for someone, who struggles to implement healthy habits. This book is an equivalent of an attentive friend, who sits you down and tells you that you need to get off your butt (mate) and stop being a knob.What I loved most was James' attitude and how he speaks. He is very down to earth, real, no bullshit. He simplifies the complicated world of weight loss which I appreciate. This is a good book with a good amount of information which helps debunk a lot of myths that abound about health, fitness, and diet. I already knew most of it though, so it wasn't super new to me and all that I know was gained for free online, so while the book is a great way to get that info in a single place easily without need for researching it yourself - it is available for free and pretty easy to find with a little research. Still, I listened to this via my library, so I didn't have to pay for it, so no loss for me. I tried a low-carb diet for a year thinking carbs would kill me. Then I was worried sweeteners could cause cancer so I never consumed any diet drinks.

Not a Diet Book - Booktopia Not a Diet Book - Booktopia

What it all comes down to in losing weight, fat, getting healthier, lowering your BMI etc is just going on a calorie deficit diet. More calories out than in will make you lose weight, it's really that simple.A lot of the book was rehashing stuff that I was already familiar with, having followed him and suchlike, but that's to be expected. His social media and online presence will only reach so many people, and despite how much his following has grown in the last few years, a book, published and released into the wild, will reach a much vaster audience, and likely a good chunk of those readers will not know who he is or what he's about. There is a ton of good information in here, but it is true to its word that it is NOT a diet book. You will not come away from this book with a new fad eating plan that's guaranteed to burn the fat into lean muscle overnight without lifting a finger, just eat this one mystery food every day at 3:29PM and watch the fat melt/burn/evaporate/transfigure off like the magic it would be. You will come away from this book with a LOT more information, a much improved fitness industry Bullshit Detector, and a more positive outlook on your prospects for achieving and maintaining a lifestyle that works for you. Most athletes and fitness pros roughly know their sweet spot through playing, trial and error basis. You need to learn to do the same. Once you figured that out, set a deficit of 15% which is considered conservative by some. Should a surplus be required to build muscle or gain weight, it’s again 15% increase above your maintenance. With every tool you’ll ever need to learn to reset your current mindset and attitude towards your diet and training, chapters include: James Smith is the world’s fastest-growing online personal trainer. Honest, unapologetic and outspoken, yet erudite, authentic and endlessly passionate about exposing the toxic myths within diet culture, and committed to helping people to reach their goals and make positive change for good. Not a Diet Book is his first book. You can join the James Smith Academy here. When we get enough quality sleep, we make better decisions and often times this means making correct food choices. But when sleep deprivation impairs our cognitive abilities, things go sideways. We end up eating all sorts of sugary and high-fat foods. Cortisol and melatonin are your sleep hormones

Podcast — James Smith Podcast — James Smith

Then you need to perceive someones activity level (how active someone is on a daily basis), to understand how many calories somebody would burn on top of that 70 per cent. This is determined when looking at someones Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (EAT) and Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis (NEAT) aka gym training and non-gym training.

However, if someone was to say to me ‘I can go to the gym five times a week at lunchtimes’ then I would say that in addition to the compound exercises, you can have a little fun and spend extra time training your glutes or your calves (if you’re a dude), but it isn’t totally necessary.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment