276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SFWXCOS Men's Hades Cosplay Zagreus Costume Halloween Carnival Suit

£47.5£95.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Making the breastplate was a bit of an ordeal and a learning process, I started by using the tried and true method for patterning – I had a buddy wrap me in cling film and then tape, we then drew on the pattern lines and cut me out. I suggest Kamui Cosplay’s books as a good guide to getting started with armor. The pieces were then cut so they would lie flat and this was used to give a rough size and shape for the armor pieces. The template available in my store will also give a rough shape, with some cutting guidelines (dotted lines) but you will need to adjust it to your form. Kassandra has two mis-match bracers, good in that you don’t have to try to duplicate your work exactly, bad in that you can’t reuse any patterning work. Under both the bracers are arm wraps, both are made out of 2 in wide strips of fabric, one is the red linen and the other is a brown fake suede that looks little like leather but it much more comfortable and easier to wrap than leather would have been. Upon giving Ambrosia to Demeter following the feast, Zagreus will say that he believes some of his grandmother's powers over life were passed onto him. The left bracer is made out of worbla and EVA foam. I pattered the pieces using tracing paper and then cut those pieces out of 2mm EVA foam which I then wrapped in worbla. The very top section had detailing added using EVA foam hot glued to the base EVA, and then the worbla applied over the top and pressed into the grooves. Each piece also had a raised edge of worbla, made from a double layered strip, wrapped around it. I then added rivets to the sections at the corners based on the reference images.

Zagreus feels conflicted about fighting the living things in the Temple of Styx, confiding in Achilles that killing the Satyrs and Vermin on the surface feels different than fighting the wretches which already reside in the Underworld. I’ve made a few Assassin’s Creed cosplays, in fact now I have made four; this one in particular was no small challenge and I definitely I went through the many stages of cosplay feeeeelings… from “everything is awful” to “this is amazing”.As with most all Assassin’s Creed cosplays Kassandra’s is full of layers, belts that serve no function, and questionable physics; but if you too, like me, want to make your own Greek Assassin then this walk through should get you started! The greave was then painted with a spray primer, gold spray paint, run n buff and acrylic to weather (like all the other painting, my Patreon has more details). Due to his sheltered upbringing, Zagreus is honest and also incredibly naive and innocent about the surface world, to the point of questioning the existence of birds, relying on others to convey information, acquire knowledge, and understand the world beyond his reach. Zagreus is the Prince of the Underworld and the rebellious son of Hades. His personality does not reflect anything from the place he comes from. Zagreus is characterized by his good humor, humility, kindness, and relentless persistence, with a tendency towards self-deprecation and a complex about the fact that he "bleeds red." Having spent most of his immortal life enduring frustration and repressed anger from his toxic upbringing, Zagreus is determined and will do anything to escape his infernal prison.

Stay Informed

For additional information about Zagreus that does not pertain to Hades, see Wikipedia's article: Zagreus. References [ | ]

Hades is a stunning adventure. I'm not the biggest roguelike fan (I'll play and enjoy them, but it's not something I actively seek out), but I couldn't get enough of this adventure from Supergiant Games, which is a good thing, because as a roguelike there is a lot of repetition that is involved.Though he is an elite warrior in his own right and takes enjoyment in battle, Zagreus often admits to feeling conflicted when it comes to fighting the inhabitants of the Temple of Styx. This is likely because unlike the other enemies in the game that can be fought who are already dead and will eventually regenerate after being destroyed, the Satyr Cultists and the Gigantic Vermin are still alive, and by killing them he feels that he's robbing them of their lives even though they'll all eventually end up in the Underworld anyway regardless of whether he fights them or not. This shows that while Zagreus enjoys a good fight, he takes no pleasure in the more violent aspects of combat. The other belt I made from felt wrapped in brown pleather, partly because I ran out of leather strapping, and partly because it was hard to find the right length in leather strapping. They both then have silver rivets down the length, and use more 2 in gold o-rings at the end. At some point, Hades, worrying that Zagreus had no firm direction in life, had the hero Achilles take him as a student and teach him how to fight. Here, he became skilled in combat. He also appeared to have caused strain in his relationships to Thanatos and his then partner Megaera, who, by the events of the game, he is no longer in a relationship with. As someone who dabbles in cosplay, let me take this opportunity to praise that wig styling because I knowthat isn't easy. From the perfected spikes to the makeup to sharpen up Taryn's features to look more like the game's art style, this cosplay is so good it might as well be a screenshot. Or a movie. I'd take a movie...

After the leather was glued in place it was time to add the detailing. I closed the side tabs around the o-rings and trimmed them to size then seal and painted the gold. I then glued on the heads of a large number of gun-metal silver rivets (suggestion by double headed rivets as it will give you twice as many to work with), with E6000. I needed to cut some indents as I was working as I couldn’t get the rivets to always be completely flat. I then did some additional weathering with sand paper and some dark brown acrylic paint. The curved end of the spear handle was made from two layers of 1/2 in EVA foam sandwiched together and shaped with the dremel. The whole handle was then wrapped in 2mm EVA foam to add bulk and blend the sections.Dionysus comments that Zagreus is his favorite demigod, while Aphrodite refers to him a godling and Artemis calls him a "half-god", all implying that Zagreus is not seen by the Olympians as a true god, possibly because Nyx is not seen as a true goddess. Zagreus is a loving hero, a social magnet, a charismatic, captivating, and sociable young man, who easily befriends many he encounters, treating those of lower status as equals and often using his own influence to improve their lives, respecting the elders (except his father) and other gods. He is subtle, but his gregarious attitude and desire to please everyone suggest a strong paternal void in Zagreus, a result of his emotionally distant relationship with his father. His desire to form a good relationship with everyone he meets becomes a point of the plot. Zagreus is magnetic and will make friends and allies wherever he goes, leaving a trail of tumult in the Underworld. Zagreus has always had a sense that he doesn't belong in the House of Hades. Sometime before the start of the game he decides, against his father's will, to escape from the Underworld—no matter how many tries it might take him. He is aided and encouraged in his journey, primarily by his caretaker Nyx and his mentor Achilles. Others outside the House of Hades, such as Sisyphus, Charon, and the Olympians sometimes offer their aid as well. This cosplay would not have been possible without the amazing support of my Patrons over on Patreon.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment