276°
Posted 20 hours ago

STAEDTLER 52650BK2DA - Mars Plastic Eraser (Pack of 2)

£0.925£1.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The STAEDTLER karat art eraser is primarily used for hobby and artistic applications. This special-purpose art eraser is easy to knead, allowing you to create shading effects by lightly dabbing, for example. This eraser is particularly suitable for use with soft pastel chalks. This innovative and portable Jakar sharpener combines a reservoir sharpener with an eraser, which has a plastic cap to keep it clean. It is suitable for use with standard diameter pencils. Harder pencils can make grooves in the paper which cannot be erased.- It turns out that the hardness makes it hard to erase even when lightly applied. Phthalates are a chemical additive that makes plastic pliable (like a squeeze bottle) instead of hard (like the keys on your keyboard). There is more and more evidence that this chemical group affects the human body in negative ways as phthalates interrupt the hormonal system. Many brands of erasers have stopped using them. These plasticisers are in many plastics we use every day, I think they are of particular concern in rubbers because rubbers crumble and this must help expose more of the chemical to the air and skin. c. Plastic/vinyl erasers– the firmest eraser. The most popular eraser, these modern erasers usually give the most complete removal of graphite. If you are like me the word ‘plastic’ might make you think they wouldn’t work well, I mean you can’t erase with any of the other plastic items on your table, right. But you need to remember two things: plastics come in a huge variety of formulas and also ‘plastic’ can means ‘pliable’ as in ‘the plastic arts’ meaning sculpture. Many plastic erasers come with paper sleeves that you can use to hold the rubber. ‘Dustless’ means that the eraser residue particles clump together for more complete removal, leaving fewer tiny particles that are actually still on the paper but you don’t see… until you take a close-up photo. They can be heat-moulded into many shapes, both for finger grips and for sharp edges that allow the erasure of fine lines.

I like these but found the brushes on the ends weren’t very good, for a small area a soft paintbrush works better and for a large one a dusting brush is better. Faber Castell Perfection Pencil, Single Ended Eraser (soft for graphite, coloured pencils and charcoal) Blistercard containing 1 mechanical pencil, line width 0.5 mm in assorted barrel colours and 1 lead tube Mars micro carbon 250 05-HB free of charge How it performed: Fine on light graphite lines, not good at dark graphite lines and not great on coloured pencil. Fine on removing the graphite under pigment liner pens and didn’t lighten the ink. Removed the graphite under the watercolour with a bit of damage to the paint.

First kneading: the hardest one, almost impossible like trying to tear a plastic eraser apart, never even tore into pieces, never got smooth or held together, was a lot of work, I made a usable piece by twisting a small portion at a time. Second kneading of small piece next day: hard. b. Gum erasers (also called art gum erasers) – Designed to crumble very easily as they collect up the graphite so they do less damage to the paper. But since they crumble away they don’t last as long. Very soft. The best method for removal of coloured pencil or a large amount of dark graphite is using a 2-step process.

Many people find coloured pencils hard to erase and usually impossible to erase completely. They think the best you can do is lighten an area enough that you can colour over it. Most of the time plastic or rubber erasers smear it so it enlarges the problem. Faber Castell Green Dust-Free Eraser (‘dust-free’ means that crumbs clump together) (phthalate free) Whether you need an eraser for school, for the office, or for arts and crafts , we have you covered. Our range is complete with all of the pencil case accessories you'll need for school, work, or home, from some of the top brands like Serve, Staedtler, Derwent, and Helix.This eraser has a strong absorption capacity for charcoal and graphite. It erases easily with no need to press hard on the paper, forming smooth eraser dust. It can also be used to erase or smudge marks made in charcoal drawings, adding a useful dimension to your artwork. Made from synthetic rubber. Blistercard containing 1 Mars micro, line width 0.5 mm and 1 lead tube Mars micro carbon 250 05-HB free of charge Leadholders are suitable for drawing, sketching and writing. They have a 2-mm lead. By pressing the push button, which opens the drop clutch mechanism, the user can advance the lead to the desired length. Products from our range include: Not suitable for erasing large areas where a rubber works better. But tiny little areas that are resistant to a rubber, perhaps it is a splatter of paint, a lump of some sort or a stain on the paper – a very gentle scraping will remove the lump or scrape away a very thin layer of paper so the stain goes. Also sharpens pencils like a knife. Some makes come in little boxes to keep them clean and to prevent their oil from transferring to other things.

Our products are available in a variety of designs, colors and sizes. In our product range you will also find multifunctional combi erasers that can erase not only pencil markings, but also different kinds of ink. All STAEDTLER erasers ensure excellent erasing comfort, convenient handling and clean erasing. Spare erasers for our mechanical pencils are also available in this category. Is there a rubber that will remove a graphite line in a drawing without lightening the ink line on top? Staedtler Combi Mars Plastic Eraser White & Blue– (two sides – one for graphite and coloured pencils and the other for ink) (phthalate and latex free) First kneading: very smoothly, a bit like chewing gum, was easy to start, easy to knead, held together very well. Very soft. Second kneading of small piece next day: gooey, very soft. But I found that if you use a two-step method you can erase coloured pencil quite thoroughly. I used Faber-Castell Polychromos Crimson thinking it would be a tough one to erase because it is oil and wax as well as red which is often a staining colour.

First kneading: a bit stiff, had to twist it to get it to move, held together like gum except when I stretched it more than 2cm then would form fine threads that had little bits caught in it that fell out like snow, so I felt I was losing bits of the rubber. This was prevented by only using a twisting or pressing motion, not a stretching motion. Then it was fine. Second kneading of small piece next day: fine. Erasing Hard or Soft Pastels – Most erasers work to remove pastels (hard and soft) but many people have had mixed results. If your surface is very textured you may have trouble and if your paper is very soft you will need to be careful. Many people find that a putty rubber works best, again using a press and lift action.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment