276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Behind Her Lives: Now You See Her, Now You Don't (Pseudo)

£7.62£15.24Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Rob (not just any member of the working class, but – as an impoverished heroin addict with a troubled background from a Glaswegian tenement – a full bingo card of poverty cliche) has no revenge to take against blameless Adele.

However inadvertent, the conclusions it seems to reach about gay male sexuality, trans identities and the working class threat to the wealthy all feel centuries out of date. Thank you NetGalley and Tantor Audio for accepting my request to audibly read and review Behind Her Lives. This was my first time reading anything by Briana Cole and it was a good read with some jaw dropping twists. While Devan's world is turned upside down, she also learns more about herself and that she is stronger than she realizes. While the story is action-packed there is an aura of uncertainty because the reader isn’t sure if they can trust the narrator or not.Another couple random thoughts— I don’t think she really wrapped up Benji’s part in all of it very well, unless I’m remembering wrong. But when shown a picture of the women found in Kennedy’s apartment, Deven is relieved to announce that the person is not her sister. He keeps his private life to himself, and has never confirmed any relationships nor does he have any social media profiles.

She has been recognized in a number of popular blogs and magazines, the most prominent being Sophisticate's Hair Magazine, Publisher's Weekly, Popsugar, and Sheen. Fans of psychological thrillers such as those by Shanora Williams, Rachel Howzell Hall, and Shelly Ellis will enjoy this page turner! What I enjoyed most about this title was the many serious topics that it wasn't afraid to get into, including family separation, miscarriage, seeking out a therapist for trauma, family members in prison, parent with dementia, suicide, drug use and infidelity. I enjoyed the shift between past/present and the inclusion of diary entries within the narrative that gave the readers further insight into the characters. This new thriller from Briana Cole threw several plot twists at me that kept me guessing for most of the book.I kept reading and saying to myself “this is just stupid” and predictable with lots of loose threads in the end. she especially knows it after the police come knocking on her door to notify deven of her sister’s passing. The name works both for the psychological adultery thriller that this Netflix adaptation presents as, and for the supernatural story it’s really telling. Another fabulous thriller novel by a fabulous African American author I'll now be adding to my list of favourite authors!

i mean they look almost identical but deep down in her soul, deven knows that’s not the sister she grew up with. Deven’s investigation reveals a chain of secrets and lies spiraling back decades that makes her question everything she knew about their relationship.There were some slow moments due to the dual-timelines, but in the end it was all worth it because it helped build the suspense. The show stars Simona Brown, Eve Hewson, and Tom Bateman but some fans will be wondering where exactly it was filmed. We don't learn the full story of her sister and why they lost touch for so many years until much later as the story is unravelling.

If you are still wondering how to get free PDF EPUB of book Behind Her Lives (Pseudo) by Briana Cole.Known as "The Literary Drama Queen," Briana Cole is a multi-talented entertainment mogul in both the book and film industries. Deven and Kennedy are sisters, and the book starts off with Deven having to go and identify Kennedy’s body, except she knows said body is not Kennedy’s. Despite having an affair with her husband, Louise decides to stick her nose in even further and befriend Adele, and soon finds out their marriage is very, very dark. I could have read Behind Her Lives even quicker than I did, because I was busy and finishing up other reads, it is fast-paced!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment