276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sony SEL55210 E Mount APS-C 55-210 mm F4.5-6.3 Telephoto Zoom Lens - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Below, this is at 93mm, and it seems great to me. Perhaps it is a great lens at other focal lengths. But, I guess I felt that I got better, more consistent results at long focal lengths with my a-mount lenses. One of them, a Tamron 55-200, really seems great, and it's very inexpensive. It's larger, but still pretty light, and seems pretty good even wide open. And the aperture is wider at various focal lengths; being able to use it at f4 and f4.5 though much of its length is handy, but then, it doesn't have OSS, so if you don't use it on a-mount, that might be a disadvantage again. Adapting this lens may not be a perfect solution, but I can't help but wonder if I'd get better results. This Sony 55-210mm OSS is a stabilized, lightweight basic telephoto for Sony's E-mount APS-C cameras. I use a clear (UV) protective filter instead of a cap. I only use a cap when I throw this in a bag with other gear, otherwise I leave a clear protective filter on my lens at all times instead of a cap so I'm ready to shoot instantly. Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation within lens for crisp, stable handheld shooting. Silent mechanism during movie recording

If this 1,200×900 pixel crop is about 3" (7.5cm) wide on your screen, then the complete image printed at this same large magnification would be about 10 × 15" (25 × 38cm).This lens is is all plastic on the inside, with a metal mount and aluminum vanity cover on the outside, so it weighs next to nothing. You can take it everywhere and have it ready for anything.

Bokeh, the feel or quality of out-of-focus areas as opposed to how far out of focus they are, is iffy at 55mm and reasonably good at 210mm. Electronic focus ring, like most mirrorless lenses, has no direct mechanical connection to the optics. It only works when you have the camera set just right. If this 1,200×900 pixel crop is about 6" (15cm) wide on your screen, then the complete image printed at this same extreme magnification would be about 20 × 30" (50 × 75cm). What has spoiled me are cheap teles available for a-mount. They're larger, though. The 55-210 has the advantage of being about as compact as you can get an APS-C tele, and it does pretty well stopped down or at shorter focal lengths. I certainly have some nice pics from it. But I always felt that I got better results from a-mount lenses, at least at longer focal lengths. This Sony 55-210mm OSS is all plastic on the inside, with a plastic filter ring. The extending front inner barrel is also plastic.

This was Sony's first ever mirrorless telephoto zoom, coming out with Sony's first mirrorless cameras in 2011.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment