276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Do Hard Things: Why We Get Resilience Wrong and the Surprising Science of Real Toughness

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The message of Do Hard Things is going to awaken the dreams and passions of thousands of young people all over the world. Exposure and response therapy relies on putting you in a situation that evokes fear or anxiety and then learning to accept and sit with it. Steve Magness is a world-renowned expert on performance, coauthor of Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, and Thrive with the New Science of Success and The Passion Paradox: A Guide to Going All In, Finding Success, and Discovering the Benefits of an Unbalanced Life, and the author of The Science of Running: How to Find Your Limit and Train to Maximize Your Performance. Studies find that up to 96 percent of individuals experience dissociation during the training—the fog of war.

I even joined their Patreon community to get early access to their content and of course, to support their work. This book would be great for coaches or parents looking to find ways to foster toughness and grit in their players/kids. When life feels like it’s spinning out of control, or like the task you have in front of you is insurmountable, it’s easy to default to hopelessness.The book emphasizes the importance of learning from failure, seeking out mentors, and taking calculated risks. Also, most people avoid discomfort and we are a taught at a young age that we get positive affirmation when we succeed or accomplish a task and no response or a negative response when we fail. There were some nice stories about teens helping the homeless and becoming missionaries, which were meant to be inspiring, but the real-life people were portrayed as emotionless, which dampened the message.

Really enjoyed the 3rd pillar, as i feel like i conquered being more present to my surrounding when i was in my college years, but have recently now have had more distractions and not embracing the feeling of the run. If you’re honest with yourself, and acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses, what you’re capable of and what might scare you, then you can come to terms with what you’re facing and deal with it.When we embrace discomfort, we take ourselves out of protect-and-defend mode and into a place to be challenged and grow. it was written by teens for teens and while it's all great to learn from adults talking about adult stuff to their adult audience there's something freaking special to hear this message from someone like you meant for YOU. He spends time reminding the reader that there are dangers in setting your expectations too low or too high. Much of this was new to me, and the mix of stories and science gave it a good mix of applicability and accessibility while making a convincing argument. Also it kept referring over and over to the book Why buddhism is True: The Science and Philosophy of Meditation and Enlightenment (SPOILER ALERT no it's not true) - like why the heck do I need to know excerpts from this book!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment