276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bar Mitts Cold Weather Mountain/Commuter Bike Neoprene Handlebar Mittens

£27.46£54.92Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you need some extra protection along with more warmth take a look at soome motorcycle handguards. Most cycling gloves are designed for road riding and drop handlebars, with less emphasis on the ability to do things like feathering the brakes. The soft nylon/merino wool blend is super comfortable and makes them great on or off the bike, but they’re a bit stretchier than others here, so it may feel like your hands are slightly shifting inside them if you’re getting aggressive on the handlebars.

Bar Mitts - Road Bike Rider Cycling Site

As she competed at the elite level, her journalism career followed, and soon she became a full-time cycling journalist. In the past, my hands have always gotten the wettest and coldest after a fat bike crash when my grips and controls would pack up with snow. The solution to fitting a variety of different mirrors works pretty well, though this cover is only suitable for handlebar-type mirrors. I actually like my Bar Mitts so much that I have started to keep them on my bike for any rides under 45 degrees (much to the chagrin of my friends, family, and dog). Ideal for temperatures down to just below freezing, this glove doesn’t sacrifice handling ability for warmth, it just combines them flawlessly.He fits in about 8,000 miles per year and has completed several 1200Ks, including Paris-Brest-Paris. Pogies only play well with MTB handlebars (just b/c you can use them on a drop bar doesn’t mean they work well) and beyond that they’re unwieldy and clumsy at best. Their top mitten option provides some outstanding protection for all types of riders when in adverse weather conditions.

Bar Mitts Cold Weather Mountain/Commuter Bike Neoprene Bar Mitts Cold Weather Mountain/Commuter Bike Neoprene

Our BikeRumor staffers have been using these for years and love the warmth without sacrificing MTB dexterity. That extra bit of added closure makes these ones of the best at blocking anything from getting inside.I’ve struggled with neuropathy and Raynaud’s symptoms for years and the Bar Mitts shield allowed me to ride in freezing temperatures without pain, numbness or post-ride tears. Made of 5mm thick neoprene, the cornucopia-shaped pogies slide over the bar ends, enclosing the brake levers and hoods, and attach to your bars using an integrated velcro strap.

Best Handlebar Muffs and Mitts For Your Motorcycle Best Handlebar Muffs and Mitts For Your Motorcycle

These are perfect for use with any other winter glove, allowing you to use a much lighter glove with more dexterity while wind- and waterproofing your hands.

We love Bar Mitts pogies because the brand offers pogies for different handlebar/shifting setups, so you can get one that fits your bike and shifters. This article does a huge disservice to winter cyclists by not discussing how to keep your hands warm when temperature is below 20 degrees, other than putting a huge insulation bag on the edges of your handlebar. The gloves on their own will block a bit of wind in a pinch, or can go over or under other gloves to provide added protection. The pre-formed openings help everything hold shape and sit correctly in place once installed, and the 3D design around the switches and levers prevents any snagging or catching. And of course, bonus features like padding for mountain bikers, electric heating elements for fat bikers, and little loops to help pull gloves on and off are great bonuses.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment