276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Hard Target [4K Ultra HD] [1993] [Blu-ray] [Region Free]

£9.995£19.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From behind the poor stunt double looks like he has a furry toilet seat cover glued to the back of his neck! Possibly depending on setup and inclination, the audio snafu is infinitely more tolerable than the strobe effect of the DV layer, however the flip side to this is that there is a fix to the DV issue - at least for some - in that if you are able to watch it with the base HDR layer only (i. When things get dangerous, Chance has Natasha hide out with his Uncle Douvee (Wilford Brimley) out in the bayou, but Van Cleef and Fouchon aren't going to take any of this lightly. Some of the footage is extra character development but MOST of it is apparently extra violence, hence it was deemed TOO violent and had to be cut down even to get an R rating.

We reviewed Kino Lorber's US 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray release of Hard Target on an LG 55B7 Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD OLED TV with a Panasonic DP-UB820EB-K Dolby Vision HDR10+ 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player . To be entirely honest, I expected to see the same type of consistent improvements in these darker areas as well. And in sequence capped with a marvelously slapstick gag, Chance takes down Emil in a warehouse filled with junked Mardi Gras floats.It certainly lent itself well to the auteur's distinctive balletic action style and, at the same time, probably made Van Damme look the coolest he'd ever looked (and, likely, ever will).

Additionally, I think that in 1080p some of the black crush becomes more prominent, though I wish to mention that the stylization again hides a lot of it pretty well.

The legendary “Muscles from Brussels” Jean-Claude Van Damme (No Retreat, No Surrender, Kickboxer) teams up with world-famous action director John Woo (The Killer, Hard Boiled, Face/Off) and executive producer Sam Raimi (The Evil Dead, Spider-Man) for this electrifying thriller.

Going back to that same shot of Chance and Nat riding right to left, the sound of the motorcycle moves appropriately, but when the bad guy with the machine gun starts firing, that sound effect of gunfire is almost completely absent. Quality is fine otherwise, but as Kino is aware of this and making a replacement disc available, we'll reserve commenting on the quality in too much detail until one of those discs is in hand. Several cuts later and we had a film with considerably less violence and also more of a focus on Van Damme, at the expense of the other actors: reportedly even Van Damme himself sat down with the editors to deliver an alternative cut, which trimmed away the development of the antagonists in the film in favour of more of himself, allegedly because "audiences were paying to see Van Damme, not Lance Henriksen". These are really only small nitpicks that don’t overly distract or tear you out of the enjoyment of the film. In case you get a copy with the wrong audio mix, here is the link for the disc replacement program: https://www.It’s one of the few times I can remember where I didn’t touch my snacks during the movie, I was just sitting there with my elbows on my knees in awe of what was happening on screen.

There’s consistently clear contrast between foreground and background objects, as well as subtle gradations of color tone. Note: All screenshots on this page were taken from the standard Blu-ray edition of the film and are used for illustration purposes only. Andrew Hernandez on Jake Gyllenhaal goes full on Jackie Chan in the Trailer for Doug Liman’s ‘Road House’ also starring Conor McGregorSince a few hundred dollars is exactly what Chances needs to pay his overdue union fees, they shake hands. When Binder's burnt corpse is discovered in the city, Detective Marie Mitchell (Kasi Lemmons) has no choice but to start investigating, but Chance finds something she doesn't when he comes across Binder's dogtags, pierced by what he knows was a bolt from a crossbow. There are some quite interesting comments about Van Damme's supposed similarity to Alain Delon, an actor Mr. Most of the action and stunts in the first half to two-thirds of the film are very over-the-top and ludicrous, but more so of Van Damme’s oeuvre than Woo’s.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment