276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lian-Li Lancool 216 RGB Black Steel/Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Computer Case,2X 160 mm ARGB Fans Included - LANCOOL 216RX Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Supported hardware includes motherboards up to E-ATX form factor, CPU cooler height of up to 180.5mm, a maximum graphics card length of up to 392mm and power supplies up to 220mm long. The case is in "Air Flow" mode so I can use the 120mm external exhaust fan While still having a Liquid Cool Arctic 2 360 AIO in the roof. There are six storage bays; four of them supporting 3.5in drives, which is enough for many terabytes of data, not even counting M.2 ports. Furthermore, Lian Li has made it easier to cable manage your fans as well. There are the standard channels for the front fans, but there are also similar routing options at the top. These provide easy access to the rear chamber without having to enter the main chamber. Lian Li Lancool 216 mid-tower PC Case Specifications: Colour To simulate thermal demand we run the Cinebench R23 multi-thread benchmark and 3DMark Time Spy Extreme stress test simultaneously in a loop for 60 minutes to fully load the system. This gives the CPU and GPU enough time to reach constant steady-state temperature. With this data, we can compare how the system handles the thermal demand and measure peak noise levels.

Adding additional 120mm fans to the PSU shroud helped drop GPU temperature again and installing the rear external fan mount, equipped with a 120mm Lian Li UNI Fan SL120 V2 reduced GPU temperature even further. With these extra fans installed the case cooling goes from good to great. Lian Li’s 216 chassis is very versatile, supporting motherboards that are up to EATX in size and up to 280mm wide. The case also supports ATX power supplies that are up to 220mm in length, which means that this case can support large PSUs with insane maximum wattages. KitGuru says: The Lian Li Lancool 216 is an impressive chassis for its price point. There is some tough competition in that sector of the market but Lancool 216 is up there with the best of them, what do you guys think?

By installing the external fan slightly wonky and with only one screw I was able to connect to one HDMI port on the graphics card and run the thermal tests. Hopefully, Lian Li can take a second look at the fan mount and modify it so that it can compatible with more system configurations as it is genuinely a good feature, especially when combined with the PSU shroud mounted fans.

We see a lot of PC chassis here at KitGuru but we don’t often come across anything genuinely unique. Most of the time, new cases offer improved looks, but not necessarily any improvement on the usual features we have seen for decades which means that finding cases with useful new features is a rarity. The Lian Li Lancool 216 is the exception to that rule, but what has Lian Li got up its sleeve in this new mid-range chassis? Let’s find out. While the case is designed to support two 160mm fans at its front, the Lian Li 216 can also support wither three 120mm fans or two 140mm fans, allowing the case to support a front mounted 360mm radiator or a 280mm radiator if needed. The top of Lian Li’s 216 chassis can also support three 120mm fans or two 140mm fans. While the case’s specifications do not mention this, the LANCOOL 216 appears to have mounts for two 160mm fans.Extensive cable management is provided by three large cable straps in the central channel, an additional cable management channel to the right of the motherboard tray includes three clips for CPU EPS power cable routing while multiple cable cutouts are placed in handy locations.

A reversible front I/O allows users to re-position the front panel from the top of the case to the bottom left-hand side. This means that users with floor-mounted or desk-mounted cases can have easy access to the front I/O. I added 2 x 140mm fans in the slots below the GPU which is mounted traditionally, keep my 3090 well fed with fresh air. Another factor that’s worth noting about the Lian Li 216 is that it supports a range or accessories, which include an ARGB/USB expansion module, a PCIe riser cable for vertically mounted graphics cards, an a optional dust filter that can allow PC builders to take their dust management to the next level. Optimised for air and liquid cooling with an adjustable motherboard position and a rotatable rear I/O. Liquid cooling mode creates more space at the top of the case for radiator installation while air cooling setup allows for the installation of large air coolers while still offering vertical GPU mounting. Talking of which, this chassis comes bundled with two 160mm fans in the front and one 140mm on the rear alongside a fan/RGB hub supporting up to four ARGB and PWM fans. To feed them with fresh air, there is mesh everywhere, even on the lower portion below the glass side panel.

MORE POSTS BY Simon Procter

So my Strix B550-E is paired with an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x mildly O.C to 4.55Ghz, 2x 8Gb of 3200Gt RAM and a Corsair H100i 240 cooler and in the Corsair 600T it ran at about 55-60C at idle at 18C ambient. Now in this chassis runs at around 42-45C at idle, there's thermally lots of headroom . The 216 is a chassis from Lian Li that is designed to act as a blank canvas, offering PC builders the option to exploit this case’s unique features to create truly custom PCs. We will look deeper at this case’s custom features later in this review. To ensure plenty of air is passed through, the LANCOOL 216 features a continuous front-to-top fine mesh panel and a PSU shroud side mesh panel. Paired with 2 x 160 mm and 1x 140 mm pre-installed PWM fans, the LANCOOL 216 ensures great out-of-box performance. For air cooling solutions, the LANCOOL 216's rear I/O can be flipped and the motherboard standoffs set higher in the main chamber to allow up to 2x 140 mm fans above the PSU shroud and at the top of the case. In water-cooling mode, with a motherboard in a lower position, the top of the case can be fitted with up to a 360 mm radiator for AIO or custom water-cooling loop design.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment