276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Simple Money, Rich Life: Achieve True Financial Freedom and Design a Life of Eternal Impact

£7.25£14.50Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Jim: Alright; because FamilyLife values marriages so much, I’m just going to throw this one in as kind of a redemptive question: “What do you love most about your spouse’s approach to money?” Her just willingness and desire to enjoy the blessings that He’s given us—to trust that God’s going to provide; whereas I might have a tendency to trust in how big our savings account is/might lean more in that direction—she has something that’s been a lot of value to me. As I’ve allowed her to rub off on me, our marriage has gotten better/our financial situation has gotten better. It’s like we still save; and in that/in my yielding to her on that, she’s yielded in my direction and has worked to control her spending a little bit more and to stay within budget, and things like that. It’s really been a great thing that God has just brought us to a more healthy balance.

My vision is: 3 dinners together; the rest is total free time. You might lounge by the pool, you might work out, you might rent a boat—whatever you want. Linda: Yes; I think you kind of see the two extremes—where you’ve got this prosperity gospel of: “If you don’t have a lot of money, then there’s something wrong with your spiritual life,”—and then there’s: “If you have too much, there’s something wrong with your spiritual life.” But both of these are missing the whole point; which is, “God’s always after our hearts first. It doesn’t matter how much money we have if He doesn’t have our heart,”—on either extreme—it doesn’t really matter. That’s how I see it. Dave: I would add—you tell me if this is true—I think a lot of guilt and shame a lot of Christians carry—because there’s a tendency to think: “We should never really enjoy possessions/things; that’s idols,”—and they can be, obviously. What it looks like: When I first graduated from college, I turned down a job offer at Google to join a start-up. There’s a quote from Randy Alcorn that I love, where he said, “The greatest deterrent to giving is the illusion that earth is our home.” To me that just stirs me up to want to give more. If you’re on a vacation for one week out of the year, you understand this is just a short window; that’s what our life on earth is in the scope of eternity.Lotich introduces the reader to the "simple formula" and then walks us through each step. He includes stories from his life and his friend's lives and things he's learned from books he has read. It keeps the book more interesting, having these stories interspersed and less academic.

Simple Money, Rich Life is the book you did not know you needed until you read it. Bob Lotich writes about finances, making money, and how the path you take affects your financial outcome and eventually your lifestyle. Ann: I’ll go first on this one. I love that you care about this because I don’t. I love that you are thinking about it, and you’re wanting to do something about it. That makes me feel secure. I always encourage people to spend extravagantly on the things they love, as long as they cut costs mercilessly on the things they don’t. Ask yourself: What do you love spending money on? Not just “like,” but love. Now ask yourself what it would feel like to quadruple your spending in that area. Ann: I think: “Praying about that—when we pray and tell God—'I’m so afraid about our finances.’” I love that He’s attuned to that; I love that He cares about it with us and wants to provide and wants to give us wisdom. Dave: We didn’t just talk about money; we talked about family and marriage. You’ve been so helpful to our listeners; thanks.Ann: He says, “Oh, you have to mix the oil every time you put that gas in. I haven’t mixed the oil for the new season in the gas. You need to go get this oil…” But there’s also—there’s two parts of this/there’s two different [types of] people, who are listening on both of these extremes—I think the answer changes a lot, depending on what that person is and what they need in that moment.

Bob: That’s been/she literally added that part to the book when we were coming up with a concept/this whole idea. This is so much of the value that she adds to what we do—is just this component of enjoying money—but also doing it without guilt and shame—and to breaking that part off; because we’ve just seen so much of that/so much—people are carrying so much guilt and shame about finances in their marriage/in their personal lives. That’s a big part. Dave: But it’s always like: “If I have an extra dollar, it goes to God. I don’t buy a nice dress; I don’t buy a nice pair of shoes. I live very simply,”—again, I’m not saying any of that is wrong; because a lot of that is true—but often, I feel like Christians never celebrate and enjoy. Enjoy it; it’s okay.

Bob Lotich shares his story of strength, hope, and faith. Going through this book, readers will respect the author’s work and the lessons that he shares. Bob Lotich lays bare his journey with finances and, in a free-flowing manner, gives direction on how to achieve financial freedom with the resources you have. Ann: It was the first time in the spring, so his grass is so long. I’m thinking, “Why hasn’t he mowed his grass?” I go into the garage—I like to do this kind of stuff—I try to get the mower started, and this thing will not start. I text him—he’s in France—and I said, “Why won’t your mower start?” In 1 hour, you’ll create a vivid picture of your personal Rich Life so you can start living intentionally, focusing on the things you love, and ignoring the things you don’t. What it means: You might choose to rent or own , travel for one month every year (or not at all), buy a new Tesla, or decorate your house beautifully. A Rich Life is your ideal life—one where you look at your personal relationships, your finances , and your ordinary days and say, “Wow!”

You don’t have to limit yourself to thinking that “rich” has to fit into a particular image either, like working on Wall Street or eating at certain restaurants. It’s your Rich Life — you choose.As a child, I thought this was normal. Only later did we realize how hilarious it was to squeeze 6 people into a room for 2. But without things like this (and little Ramit sleeping on a couch) it gets pretty expensive to take a big family on a trip. What it means: Too many of us get overwhelmed thinking we need to do everything perfectly. You know what ends up happening? We do nothing at all ! Jim: As I listen to you all answering question three on esteeming one another, I was thinking about: “The Bible says: ‘Two are better than one [Ecclesiastes 4:9].’” That is really easy to agree with when she’s doing the things that I like. [Laughter] I totally get it, like, “Two are better than one, for sure, right now.” It’s really hard whenever we’re different, and she’s not doing what I would naturally do or what I want her to do.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment