276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin Unisex-Smartwatch Digital 32012868

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is some of our favorite data, and a huge reason to invest in the Fenix 6. As runners, we’re addicted to the Training Effect and Training Status data, which is a great way to evaluate sessions. Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it) The Fenix 6S comes with a 42mm case size, as opposed to the 47mm of the standard Fenix 6, and 51mm for the Fenix 6X Sapphire. The watch calculates your V02 Max which can help determine training pace and race finish predictors (I love how much faith my watch has in me!).

If you're going for the Fenix 6 Pro model, then you can add in up to 10 hours with GPS and Music features in use. Charging is relatively fast, too, taking less than three hours to fill the battery from completely flat. Love the rose gold but don’t want to pay so much? I LOVE my Garmin Fenix 6S but know that it’s a very pricey product. I honestly don’t use all of the functions that this top range watch offers and think that for most runners, middle-range Garmins would do the job just as well as the more expensive products, especially if you’re only using it for running and not for triathlon. There are a few takeaways here. First is what we always say: optical data is fine if you’re looking for a guide to your performance and your exercise – be it running, cycling, skiing, etc – is generally steady.Despite its design upgrade, the Fenix 6 doesn’t look hugely different when placed side-by-side with its predecessor, the Fenix 5 Plus. This is because the updates are rather minor. For those wanting more insight into their climbing stats, ClimbPro measures each ascent for gradient, distance and elevation gain.

The prices vary based on your choice of model, color, and strap, but generally speaking the base Fenix 6 is the cheapest with the 6S and 6X being a step up in terms of price. The most expensive is the Fenix 6X Pro Solar, which offers everything the 6X does plus solar charging and a lighter body. The Fenix 6S also features the same TOPO mapping – and while it's a nice feature to have, we still have reservations about its usefulness and usability.

Nào phù hợp với bạn?

The biggest design upgrade, however, can be seen on the display, which is now 17% larger, jumping from a 1.2-inch, 240 x 240 resolution display to a larger 1.3-inch, 260 x 260 offering. While that doesn’t sound like much, it does mean that fitness information is displayed in a much more intuitive way than before as it can now show extra (customizable) data fields. Garmin also added battery modes that allow you to switch power settings on the fly when you need more battery life. More than once, I let my battery drain during testing and was able to eke out a 10K run with less than 5 percent battery remaining thanks to these reduced power modes. Price and availability I settled on the Garmin Fenix 6S Sapphire model for its small size and robustness. For my lifestyle, the solar charging capability is not worth the extra cost. If I ever do want to charge this watch on long treks, I’ll connect it to a solar charging power bank as this watch charges via USB cable. I did want the pro model for the PacePro feature and phone-free music capabilities. First impressions of the Garmin Fenix 6S

This isn’t a Garmin problem, it’s the same for any optical sensor on the market and it’s not going to change anytime soon. The most exciting features of the watch for The Salt Sirens readers is no doubt its ability for the sports watch to be converted into a surf and SUP watch. Running The Fenix 6 is a great example of Garmin’s position as one of the best smartwatch makers out there. Whatever’s thrown at it, expect it to handle with ease and with great accuracy, no matter where you are and what you’re doing. The Fenix 6S’s reduced case size does lead to one major difference over its bigger brothers – battery life. There is quite a large pay-off in terms of longevity from opting for the 42mm device. However, you don't get granular detail over the apps on your smartphone that are allowed to buzz your Fenix.On long treks, you can turn on Garmin Fenix 6S’s expedition mode, which stretches the battery life to last for weeks in a low-powered GPS mode.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment