276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ESTEE LAUDER Beyond Paradise Eau de Parfum, 50 ml

£29.425£58.85Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Never the less, I continued about my day, went to sleep that night woke up to the most beautiful smell laying next to me...I look up and my cat was there.I sniffed but she smelled the same as always! Where was this gorgeous bouquet of unusual, slightly green, floral scent coming from?Got up to make coffee & as my arm moved to put the coffee on, I smelled a flower I never experienced coming from me...A feeling of expectations of Wild grown flowers I may run into if I took a trip to a tropical Island...(minus any coconut one expects from a tropical island,thank God!don't care for coconut) That is exactly what everyone that smelled it on me asked. It's a full blast of flowers; not at all unpleasant if you like them! And very unlike fresheners, although in these days room fragrances have evolved into masterpieces themselves. As it develops, a berry-like tartness becomes apparent, and I get a hint of plum. A sweet, musky amber accord develops slowly, complementing the increasing powdery florals beautifully. It becomes increasingly woody and musky as it fades, with remnants of the powdery florals remaining until final fade. Sillage is strong and longevity is long-lasting. While the opening held promise, with a limpid resinousness reminiscent of and, in terms of quality, on a par with Banana Republic's creations, the drydown I find quite intolerable. In fact, as I attempted to work earlier today, I felt as though I was being slowly suffocated by a miasmic sillage of dead fruits. The only things missing were the gnats. I finally had to stop what I was doing and go take a bath.

Fast forward to the end of college and I was eager to rekindle my love of this scent, and all perfume in general, but I found something about it had changed. All I get now is jasmine and tiare that dries down to a distinct smell of plastic. The lasting power and sillage also disappeared. Needless to say I was disappointed. Initially, I detect refreshing lemon and trace amounts of grapefruit...the hyacinth, orange blossom and bergamot working highly effectively in unison. I can identify the oiliness also. The opening is the special and 'spectral' feature of BP. As for those who rank BEYOND PARADISE one of the "top ten floral fragrances of all time" (cough, cough), well, I suppose it's possible that one of us is anosmic? Soyons sérieux: "abstract floral" is no more and no less than a euphemism for "chemical soup"! (just as "collateral damage" really means "summarily slaughtered civilians"). The scent transports you to a perfect world of optimism and wonder. Unfolds on your skin with a fascinating blend of tropical wetness, zesty freshness and bursting floralcy\".So today I gave it a wear. It was a weird not-really-sunny day, some clouds, a cold wind, not too hot. Although it's late May, it seems like early Autumn. I thought how wonderful a floral perfume could be today, and that's why I decided to wear it. I, previously, rated it as a Like, rather than a Love, as I tend to gravitate more towards creamier/buttery, vanilla-rich, all-white tuberose-based florals, with sweeter fruits than this, like peaches and apricots.

Citrus are not detectable, which is a plus: men stuff, in my humble opinion, the colognes full of them. There's an edge to it: fruit one can hardly identify, and yet perceive. It is a moreish, fresh and yet warm fragrance; an olfactory contradiction in fact. I feel Beyond is a well conceived addition to the family of 'the transparents', EL perfumes that were created around the same time, Beautiful, Pleasures, White linen and Intuition. The 90's were a change in direction for perfume which was sorely needed, a new era, a fresh approach... I do like this and usually I HATE florals......!! I'm looking forward 8 months to a warm and slightly breezy evening when I will be able to wear this with ease and in the right surroundings! Bought in Montecarlo the year it launched, during a lovely holiday taken to watch the Grand Prix. I went on using it for years afterward; the spell of the holiday kept lingering in the air, and I liked that a lot. So, I'm guessing they changed it for economic reasons and/or because Aerin prefers minimalism (or thinks we do); not because things go off sooner in pretty bottles.I enjoy real flowers and I like smelling of them (sorry Luca Turin) but still, Beyond Paradise is very good. It lasts well, it was utterly unique when it came out, and if it has suffered, it’s because everyone imitated it. I can’t smell it “fresh” because it spawned many similar scents. And, in the 10+ years since its release, I've smelled it everywhere - it is really popular. If you like strong florals you will love Beyond Paradise! If you are reading the word Paradise as Tropical as in coconut then move right along as there is nothing to see here!!!! I have a bit of a history with this fragrance. My mom got it for me when it originally came out and I wore it religiously throughout high school until college when I was no longer allowed to wear perfumes. It was a beautiful and exotic white floral, a even blend of jasmine, frangipani, orange blossom, and orchid, what I imagined Hawaii must smell like. Up until that point it was the best tropical scent I had come across and worked very well with my body chemistry. I got more compliments on this perfume than any other I have worn to date.

At first, it's all about undefined flowers and some light temporary citrics. The feeling I get is the same as when I enter a florist. The most similar perfume to that full, lush undefined smell that I've tried. Beyond Paradise is a luxurious fragrance by Estée Lauder and the signature scent of many a woman. It originally debuted in 2003. This enduring parfum leaves a fragranced cloud in its wake due to its high portion of essential oils. Most eau de parfums have between 15-20%. Flowery Fragrance I was a young teenager (a freshman, perhaps) just discovering makeup and teen vogue. I remember acquiring a card for a free mini sample of "Beyond Paradise" from my Estee Lauder counter at a department store in the mall. Would have been quite nice if they had, also, made a small, travel spray version (maybe 20ml?), in a sleeker shape, for practical reasons.I think of Beyond Paradise as the most recent truly great Estee Lauder perfume. Yes, Sensuous (2008) and Modern Muse (2013) have launched almost ten flankers between them, but to my mind none of them are particularly impressive. Estee Lauder has not recently given us anything nearly as good as the greats of the past, and the exceptions strengthen my argument. Pure White Linen (2006) is a flanker, a modern interpretation of the original White Linen (1978) and Bronze Goddess (2008) is really a Tom Ford fragrance (see previous post). Further evidence of Beyond Paradise's greatness: rather than being discontinued, it’s now sold alongside other classic Lauder fragrances.

This perfume was originally sold in a distinctive rainbow bottle, which gave you an idea of what to expect from the fragrance. Beyond Paradise is so intensely tropical that the fragrance from the near colourless juice within the new simple, nondescript bottle is almost startling.Going to the department store was a totally new experience for me. I smelt the beautiful fragrance of designer perfumes mingling in the air, fingered some of the lovely jewelery on sale, and looked at the intimidating heels and businesswear I could never see myself having the confidence to posses. The whole store screamed class, luxury and an aura of calm in comparison to the shops my teenybopper age group frequented, selling cheap stretchy tops and short shorts while blasting some awful pop/rap remix. My comparison hasn't ended yet (into my 2nd hour) but so far I love them all and would rate them as There is no discernible woody base, as such - but, there is a hint of what I would describe as "woody stems". Exotic brightly coloured birds dance their displays in the rich green trees, amazingly beautiful orchids drip with with sparkling dew, a crystal clear, warm blue lagoon invites you for a swim, brightly coloured butterflies flit by in a sunny glade, exotic friuts hang from the trees tempting you to taste, anything you wish for can be there! The juice in the rainbow Tester bottle is still in great shape, by the way, @Jbuchiere - hasn't turned at all.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment