276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Press Here: Hervé Tullet: 1 (Herve Tullet)

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is odd, particularly when you consider the debt this book owes to the mindset that accompanies that technology. Tullet never claims that there's anything magical going on, yet through the playfulness of the text (and the interaction of the reader), it feels like there's a little something magical happening.

It encourages you to do some rather unbook-like behaviours, such as tip it, shake it, rub it, tap it or blow it. Each page of this surprising touch book instructs the reader to push the button, shake it up, tilt the book, and who knows what will happen next! noted: “Tullet’s brilliant creation proves that books need not lose out to electronic wizardry; his colorful dots perform every bit as engagingly as any on the screen of an iPad.For art,I provided materials for Bear to make a Press Here suncatcher using the main colors of the books. Since the book is constantly telling “you” what “you” should do next, the reader would have to read the text and then do the instructions themselves. No, the real advantage any given book has over its electronic counterpart is the tactile experience. First off you’ve got these thick cardboard covers, clearly built to withstand some serious blows and shakes. AS an adult I found it cute; as a child of the intended age I suspect I would have argued a bunch about how dumb it was.

Originally published in France as Un Livre (literally, "A Book"), this innovative picture-book provides young children with a delightfully interactive reading experience. The table is set and your ingredients await: an empty plate, color pens and – most important of all – your imagination!Each page of this surprising, irresistible book instructs the reader to press the dots, shake the pages, tilt them, and even blow on them—who knows what will happen next! This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. I had hoped that the outcome would look similar to one of the pictures in the book where the primary color dots overlap to create secondary colors .

Press Here by Hervé Tullet starts off with a blank page and a yellow dot in the middle and invites you to “press here and turn the page. This is a very entertaining, interactive book, and at the end kids are invited to read again, and will likely want to read (play) again. I was pressing, rubbing, shaking and clapping along as I read the book, which I finished with a huge smile on my face - and I'm almost 47, yo, so just imagine how much more fun this book is for an actual child. They are learning their manners and how to put their clothes on and how to line up for things at nursery school and such, and this book is (pardon the pun) spot on for them. It’s such an obviously simple idea that it’s hard to give the book 5 stars, so I’ll say 4 ½ stars, but since I can’t star it 4 1/2 , I’ll give it 5 stars.

Press here [on the yellow dot] and turn the page,” “Rub the dot on the left…gently,” “Tap the yellow dot 5 times,” “And five taps on the red…” What is marvelous is what happens when you do and turn the page. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice center (for example the Citizen's Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). Beginning with a single yellow dot on a white page, as seen on the cover, the narrator instructs the reader to take various actions, each of which leads (or seems to lead) to various changes in the artwork, as they turn the page.

Especially remarkable because the adventure occurs on the flat surface of the simple, printed page, this unique interactive picture book about the power of imagination and interactivity will provide read-aloud fun for all ages!

One that has its finger firmly on the pulse of what kids are used to, while at the same time finding a way to both upset and exceed their expectations. While on a screen you can turn a "page" with a mere flick of your index finger, here kids get to revel the pleasure of lifting the thick luscious pages themselves. Turn the book to the side and shake it, and on the next page, see all the dots having fallen down, etc. The paradox of fiction refers to people being “moved” (normally emotionally) by fictional characters, events, or situations despite knowing that they are fictional and not real.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment