276°
Posted 20 hours ago

KitchenCraft 2lb Loaf Tin with Non Stick Finish, 21.5 x 11 x 6 cm

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Specially developed with Mary Berry, the ‘Queen of Cakes’, this range covers all the standard sizes of cake tin that we all use again and again. Similarly, if you cook cake mixture in a densely filled cake tin, it takes longer to cook than if you cook it in a wider and longer tin - then, the mixture is less deep, less dense and cooks more quickly. Despite the smaller dimensions of the 1lb tin, the depth and density of your 1lb loaf made with half the mixture will not be that dissimilar to that of the 2lb loaf.

2lb Loaf Tin Parchment Paper Liners x40 | Lakeland 2lb Loaf Tin Parchment Paper Liners x40 | Lakeland

Once it starts to look and smell cooked, you can carefully and gently open the oven door to avoid a sudden influx of cold air and test your cake with a skewer. It appears that what Lakeland mean is that they are for tins that are LONGER than normal 2lb loaf tins, which it appears that mine are.Despite the regular references to this particular recipe, however, the advice we give here applies to baking any cake.

2lb Deep Loaf Tin Liners x40 | Lakeland 2lb Deep Loaf Tin Liners x40 | Lakeland

Try to avoid opening the oven door unless you really have to as you may cause your cake to sink - rather, watch it through the oven door. Made from silicone paper for quick release, the pleated sides are 8cm deep and are really easy to peel down when it’s time to cut tasty slices from your loaf or tasty treat.

If you haven’t got a loaf tin at all, but have a square cake tin or a round tin, the standard sizes are 7” (18cm), 8” (20cm) and 9” (23cm).

Loaf Tins | Bakeware | Lakeland Loaf Tins | Bakeware | Lakeland

They do vary quite a bit from brand to brand but this should help you understand what you have got if you have one already. If you’re not using the correct tin size, the main thing to keep an eye on with your cake is the cooking time. Made of strong carbon steel and non-stick coated for easy release, this large Mary Berry Loaf Tin is perfect for producing golden crusty bread, a family-sized meatloaf or even pâté or terrine for a celebration buffet or dinner party. Follow our advice below to identify your cake tin size, learn about how to adjust timings and/or oven temperatures when baking your cake and, overall, read about how to ensure you still have a successful baking experience. I always brush the tins with melted butter prior to use, and the bread always falls out of the tins, I have never had a problem with sticking.

As I’ve used these for years I didn’t read the reviews and wasn’t aware there are two sizes of 2lb tins. This is the optimal loaf tin size for this particular recipe but that’s not to say you can’t get good results from a different tin size - or even from a different shape.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment