276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Official Star Cutouts Star Wars Han Solo Carbonite The Empire Strikes Back Lifesize Cardboard Cutout

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The box for Han Solo begins from a sheet of plywood. The dimensions are not square as the top is actually more narrow than the bottom. With a 1-inch brush, liberally scrub the paint all over a 1-foot x 1-foot section. Allow the paint to dry a few minutes (not longer than 10). If temperatures are really cold, you can heat things up with hair dryer or heat gun.

Man Hours (Lowes/Home Depot/Hobby Store Runs, build, paint-NOT including time to dry): Approx 25 hours. The LEDs are powered by a 12v DC Reg. 1A Switch – meaning they simply get plugged into the wall for power. For this setup, you can drive dozens of LEDs, however for the project I’ll use around 10. If i were to do it again, I would have glued the front edge panels down, as well as screw them. I was in a rush the first time and didn’t bother gluing them and they kept popping up, which added quite a few hours of time to the build chasing gaps and filling them with bondo.They required a tiny bit of sanding on one corner but fit like a glove. I just need to finish the inside with a little sanding. Once that's done I can install these and add a little filler to the gaps. I also trimmed the ice cube tray and test fit it into place. If your REALLY talented and have experience you can mix up a batch of roto cast resin and brush it into those seams. Again,another debate......I like to use Rustoleum Gun Metal. I feel it gives the desired look,but again it's an ongoing debate. Choose a color you think is best. When you receive your HIC from me you will notice the prop is in three sections: The head,mid section,and legs. It's a good idea to have a game plan and decide where and what you want this prop for. Example: Hanging on a garage door, or displaying in your man cave. This is an important step and will make things easier when you decide what your going to use as a mounting surface.

I'm going to try and get some pix posted this weekend to help with this thread. I wanted to get a basic tutorial going so folks can get things rolling. Life Size Prop/ Replica of Han Solo (Harrison Ford) frozen in Carbonite from the classic movie Star Wars. Aluminum flashing tape lines the inside of the hero panel LED box to reflect and scatter as much light as possible. Your HIC can be mounted using various materials, I like to use drywall screws. Remember this prop is lightweight so you don't need a ton of screws, just enough to keep him in place. All screw heads should be filled with bondo and sanded flush. The cut seams should also be filled with bondo,and yet again sanded flush. Trim any excess resin off at this step, a box cutter should be all you need. Take your time and make clean cuts,a sharp blade is always a good thing.Here is the info regarding the 3 sections. I would recommend screwing the sections down 1st, before you start with the bondo. Make sure the HIC is secure and in the correct position. ( once you start the bondo process it's a pain to move him around ). You can also use caulking if you so desire,use what you have. In this picture you will see the proper placement of the feet. Again,epoxy and a little silicone. This step is VERY easy.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment