276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DWARFLAB Dwarf II Smart Digital Telescope - Portable, Ultralight, and Packed with Advanced Features for Astronomy Star Parties, Birding, for Adults and Kids, Beginners and Advanced Players (Classic)

£243.325£486.65Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Deluxe edition includes all items that are included in the Classic edition, plus one extra battery, one UHC filter, two ND (solar) filters and a filter adapter.

But for astrophotography, smart telescopes are really disrupting a pursuit that had a relatively high barrier to entry in terms of the money you needed to spend and the amount you had to learn. Controlled by your smartphone, they scan the skies, ask you what you want to look at, take you to it, and send the image straight to your phone. You won’t be winning NASA APODs or Astronomy Photographer of the Year with the images, but neither would you with any of the more expensive smart telescopes. DWARF II has two cameras, a wide-angle camera, and a telephoto camera. Through the wide-angle camera, you can take pictures/videos as a normal camera, or preview the field of view. Find the target in the middle of the wide-angle view, then the telephoto camera is aiming your target. And the telephoto image is always at a fixed place (near the center ) of the wide-angle image. There's a rumour that DwarfLab will be selling a 2x telephoto lens but I don't know how true that is. It would help with things like M57 which is quite small in the field of view. I understand that Dwarf III is also in the pipeline but if that happens I hope the developers will continue to support Dwarf II - I think they will, they seem very customer orientated.This Isn't the update that i expected .. The ZWO SeeStars is to have a database which includes a "Tonights Best " viewable from the users location . Thats how it should be done , surely .

It may not have been mentioned that much in SGL but it has been selling like hot cakes over in the US and has generated a bit of a frenzy over on the CloudyNights (CN) forum. CN can be a bit pedantic about posts in the wrong forum sections, so because the Dwarf can be used for EAA you can't post any post processing comments in that section (those are moved to the image processing section(s). Are you an amateur astronomer, bird watcher, wildlife photographer, or just a photography enthusiast that wants to capture things you can’t get close enough to, like a ball game or a galaxy? Well, DWARF II is exactly what you need.A great way to see if collimation is the problem is to point the telescope at a bright star and adjust the focus so that the star is out of focus and showing as a big blob. Look closely and you will see a bright outer ring surrounding a dark central disc. If the dark disc is not in the center of the bright ring then the optics are not aligned and you need to collimate.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment