276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PETZL Swift RL Headlamp - SS21

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ALL Camping Camping Accessories Cooking Food Lighting Sleeping Bags Sleeping Mats Tents & Bivvys Water Treatment, Flasks & Hydration Longer burn time, visual comfort, and minimal manual operation with REACTIVE LIGHTING® mode; the light sensor automatically adjusts brightness and beam pattern, optimizing battery use Lumens: This is a measure of the output of a light in terms of brightness. The higher the number, the brighter the output. I am told (by the brand representative) that I am very firmly in a minority of people who don’t rave about the Swift and the reactive beam, but there you go. I am simply stating my opinion and how I have found the head torch. I have tested many head torches over the past decade so I feel qualified to say what works and doesn’t work so well.

SWIFT® RL - Headlamps | Petzl Canada SWIFT® RL - Headlamps | Petzl Canada

Ergonomic and adjustable headband provides the ideal fit, with split construction (Petzl patent); the headband can also be detached and washed or replaced. The battery level is shown on the top of the torch, with 5 small LED lights which go down as the battery decreases. Another handy feature. I ended up on a number of occasions “sharing” the beams of the dimmed Swift RL and the lower lumen output of a friend’s head torch. The Petzl Swift RL has 3 brightness levels in either reactive lighting or standard mode. This is all operated from a single button on the top of the head torch. Spare battery available for long expeditions, or simply to switch out the battery when it dies (SWIFT RL rechargeable battery available as an accessory)The headband is reflective for nighttime visibility and its split construction gives you excellent stability during dynamic and intense activities such as mountaineering, trail running, and skiing. I tried this and I still got confused. Perhaps I am a bit dim or perhaps I need to get more used to the differences but in the end I just switched the beam to standard and got on with my run. I should point out I have used the head torch more than 20 times and in different locations and situations. Ergonomic and adjustable headband provides the ideal fit, with split construction (Petzl patent); the headband can also be detached and washed When in reactive mode, for each press of the single button on the top of the torch you get a brighter beam. There are three brightness levels: 100, 300 and 900 lumens.

Petzl Swift RL head torch for runners and walkers Review: Petzl Swift RL head torch for runners and walkers

Whether you like the reactive settings or not, the Petzl Swift RL headtorch is a premium item of lighting hardware, and – importantly – deceptively simple to use. Performance is off the charts: even at the slightly-gimped standard settings, 550 lumens, 100g, 2 hours is a pretty solid set of numbers, and a 900 lumen max output from a compact headtorch is just silly. We will keep customer information safe and secure and will not distribute or sell this information to a third party. Saying that, on standard 550 lumens, the maximum battery time is only two hours. You will need to carry a spare battery if you plan to be out for longer. But when in reactive beam mode the battery use is far less. The fenix is much brighter than the NAO+ even when fully charged. I've used both side by side and it's quite noticeable, both in the throw of the spot beam and the quality of the flood beam.Over the last few months, it’s also been used on many group trail runs, which has given some interesting results.

SWIFT® RL - Headlamps | Petzl United Kingdom

This is one of Petzl’s most powerful compact headlamps. With Reactive Lighting technology it will analyses the ambient light and automatically adjusts the brightness. This Head Torch is intuitive, with a single button for easy control over all torch functions. I was looking forward to a beam that was bright enough to run with for most of the time but I did not find this in the reactive mode. The beam brightness was too variable to be enjoyable and reliable.Overall, if you’re looking for a reliable, comfortable and lightweight headtorch with a powerful light, the Swift RL is a strong competitor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment