276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water 1oz

£16.4£32.80Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Smashbox Photo Finish Super Light primer is the perfect base for foundation Is primer applied before or after moisturiser?

So you know, I’m a total facial mist h0r. I love them. I use them in the Summer after my shower to refresh my face and add moisture, I use at night prior to my skincare regime, I use them in the Winter before any skincare or makeup to allow my skincare to absorb more easily…! I love them! While makeup primer might seem like an optional makeup product—one best saved for special occasions—its unique benefits, like helping makeup last longer and creating a smooth base for application, make it worth keeping on hand for daily use. But not all primers are created equal. The best water-based primer can be a gamechanger for your makeup routine; formulated with water versus oil or silicone, it’s a great option to consider if you’re not a fan of the texture, weight, or feel of the average primer. Whatever your skin type, a silicone-free primer could make the perfect addition to your everyday makeup routine. We have selected six of our favourite formulas to help you find the best silicone-free primer for you. Which are the best silicone-free primers?

Holika Holika

Every primer is designed for a specific skin type. For example, if your skin is dry, you'll want to avoid primers with a matte finish or ones that are too lightweight to give you a deep hydration. For starters, “they are lightweight and good for all skin types,” says Lori Taylor Davis, the Global Lead Pro Artist at Smashbox Cosmetics. That said, many water-based formulas are oil-free and leave a matte finish, making them especially helpful for those with oily skin. (Meanwhile, silicone-based primers are your best bet if you don’t want makeup to settle into fine lines or pores.)

The idea behind Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water is interesting and maybe even sounds fresh and unique. But in the end, it’s just another facial mist and happens to be one that’s a bit on uneventful and falls flat in its performance.Some primers are so hydrating that they can double as a moisturiser which is the only scenario when you would apply it straight after cleansing, if you're not planning on using any other face creams. Where can I buy Smashbox primer? While not exactly a skincare product, Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer Water does have some nourishing ingredients. There’s hyaluronic acid and glycerin to help with dehydration, niacinamide to refine the look of pores, and caffeine to wake up the skin. The long-term benefits of these when applied via priming/setting spray are unclear, but they definitely contribute to the final appearance when using this mist, and a little extra nourishment doesn't hurt. I think the disappointment for me stems from the fact they market as a product that restores moisture and helps retain it. I didn’t feel like it was moisturizing in the least. To me it seems like a very overpriced, mediocre facial mist! Once you have cleansed your face and applied your moisturiser, the next step is putting on primer. Always before your make-up – you should see it as a base coat that's there to keep your foundation in place and looking fabulous. The best primers stop foundation or concealer from setting inside the lines on your face, making them less visible throughout the day – if that's filling in wrinkles, then yes, they do something like that.

We tested it out using just three small pea-sized amounts on our forehead and both cheeks which was more than enough to give us a smooth base for our make-up.

What does Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Do?

Oily skin? Matte will be your match. You'll want a smoothing, water-based or silicone-based primer for the best results.

As it's water-based, the Photo Finish Primer is perfect for acne-prone or oily skin types, giving you a really clean finish that isn't high-shine or over-hydrating like some other primers on the market. Does primer fill in wrinkles? Primers have become a staple product in many of our makeup routines and for good reason. Creating the perfect base for your makeup and working to extend wear time, primers smooth and soften the skin and allow any products you apply on top to adhere perfectly to your complexion and stay in place.

KATE

I didn’t feel this formula was hydrating at all. It’s actually kinda mattifying to me as it seems to absorb access oil on my forehead and t-zone area when I mist it on. I tried it prior as a prep prior to skincare which is what I typically do with facial mists. It didn’t really ease the way for my moisturizer or aid it to absorb more easily. As I said, it seemed to actually remove a little moisture from my skin versus adding it. I also tried it after skincare as a prep for makeup but again, I felt a little disappointed. If you have oily skin you might feel like it’s an excellent prep for your makeup as it does seem to absorb excess oil and shine creating a semi-matte finish once it dries down. Finally I tried it as a setting spray and felt like it did an ok job at setting makeup and also refined the look of powder on my drier skin so it appeared more luminous with less of a drier finish. I didn’t any major extension in the wear of my makeup after setting with this.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment