276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SmartWings Motorized Roller Shades, Auto Smart Window Blinds 100% Blackout with Zigbee Motor Alexa, Cordless Remote Control Rechargeable, Light Grey, W23 xH72

£75.3£150.60Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Starting with the roller blinds, which as they’re custom made, are going to have different material colours and types, and more.

Blinds UK - Blinds UK - A1 Blinds Windows Blinds UK - Blinds UK - A1 Blinds

The increased convenience and security are major benefits of automated window dressings, but motorised blinds other hidden advantages. Taking the number 600, that would imply that by opening and closing the blinds twice a day, you should get around 300 days or roughly around 10 months, which is pretty good. I have the Home Assistant Sky Connect with zigbee/thread support which I assume would work ok with the zigbee version. Both offer on-device control, but Eve provides proper tassels that you can pull, which is very convenient, whilst Smartwings only have the button located at the motor, which isn’t exactly convenient. The bottom bar also has the same Matter QR code, given that once the blinds are installed, the code on the inside of the tracking is no longer visible or accessible without taking the blinds down.Everything else in my house is zwave+ so I am leaning towards that but am not sure if there are any downsides for the future. As warmer temperatures approach and the days get a little longer, homeowners in the UK are taking steps to prepare for Spring.

SmartWings motorized shades (FYI: awesome) - Home Assistant Community SmartWings motorized shades (FYI: awesome) - Home Assistant

In my tests, the noise from the blinds came out at around 45dB on average, compared to 40dB from Eve MotionBlinds. Its quiet (about the same as leviosa) but also the smartwings has the ability to set the shade to any position (not have to be programmed like the leviosa and you get no feedback of the current position). I was able to get the shade to show up using ZHA, but that has the issue that the open/close direction of the control is backwards from what the shade actually does.Whether you are looking to enhance security, revolutionise your smart home, or simply make life easier, it is now available at the touch of a button. And since I dont use the remote except for initial programming, I didn’t mind that it was reverse on the remote only. As well as creating a stunning visual effect, plantation shutters are supremely functional, but are they right for your home? All it took was me being out of town and my wife having to replace and telling me … wtf that sucks). So, not only did they follow through on this, but they’ve now gone full steam ahead and taken Matter on board too, so they’ve really surprised me in a pleasant way.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment