276°
Posted 20 hours ago

I Don't Take Requests: WINNER OF THE ATTITUDE AWARD 'If you want to change your life...read this book.' TRACEY EMIN

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Midway through the book, the drug stories and anecdotes can seem like a bit much, but it's all there written down for a reason.

To this day, Siouxsie Sioux is the only person to have ever had the balls to slap me right across the face. Is THIS the moment senior Palace official sealed his fate with honour 'snub' by forgetting to proclaim 'God Save the King' at the end of Queen Elizabeth’s funeral?Around a third of the way through I was losing interest in his hedonistic stories which all started to sound similar. I remember coming back and I was with my friend Nick and we had been out for three days, and everyone was packing up the villa to go home - and when I came back I was like ‘hi everyone’ and they were like ‘where the fuck have you been, we’re leaving’ and I was confused like ‘what do you mean? Personal and honest, SHOWstudio contributor and fashion's most infamous DJ, DJ Fat Tony has offered an unforgettably funny and real account of his life, the ups, the downs, the good and a bad, all packed into his own memoir.

listened to Fat Tony reading this on Audible and whilst he definitely isn’t as polished as other narrators, it was absolutely the best way to hear his story. I learned through memes that you can make people laugh, and you can change someone’s whole day by just posting something funny. Most memoirs are commissioned by a publishing house, who first sign the talent and then commission a nameless ‘ghost’ – the person who actually puts pen to paper. The DJ pictured in drag during the 80s; he says his mum loved her son's sexuality, saying: 'She was big into fashion and studied fine art, so having a gay son was a bonus for her. From being an outspoken advocate on addiction to seeing his DJ career continue to grow from strength to strength, Tony’s story is as equally inspiring as it has been shocking.I’d had thirty years of destruction, and just survival, and there’s a big difference between surviving and living. My friend had a key to open the back door for VIPs, and we went in and we were like “wow”, it was this incredible space with fountains and we were blown away. We all flew to Palm Beach and I DJ'd for three days, I did the welcoming party, the actual wedding reception and the brunch on Sunday.

Back then he was playing at the Playground but soon started his own night, Total Fashion Victim, then Jungle in 1985, which became the first place to play garage and house. The flamboyant DJ, who grew up on an estate in Battersea - and was given his first line of coke by Freddie Mercury at the age of 15 - first found fame as a drag artist in the 80s before turning to the decks in the 90s, and becoming part of a party set that included Tracey Emin, Kate Moss and Madonna.It’s honest, it’s raw and it’s opened up my eyes to a lot of unresolved trauma that I have been carrying that I possibly wouldn’t have recognised before now but please do not think it’s a self help book, it’s witty and it’s real - I’m going to recommend this to some friends who I know will also take away something more from this. Yep, so that pretty graphic opening sentence tells you straight off the bat that DJ Fat Tony is not holding back when it comes to telling his story. It was an odd experience to read passages of this book and remember the people mentioned and places, times that some of the events took place.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment