276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Five Survive: AN INSTANT NUMBER 1 NYT BESTSELLER AND SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER! An explosive crime thriller from the award-winning author of A Good Girls Guide to Murder.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Maddy and Simon were probably my favorites, I just liked them both a lot. Simon more so than Maddy, because I feel he had more personality and he made me laugh multiple times. Reyna used to be one of my favorites because she seemed nice and fun but then some things were revealed and let's just say, she isn't one of my favorites anymore.

Eighteen year old Red and her friends are on a road trip in an RV, heading to the beach for Spring Break.

Summary

Oliver is a complete psychopath, and I'm sure that he was acting out of fear, but still, that was crazy, and so is he. It’s a long drive but spirits are high. Until the RV breaks down in the middle of nowhere. And as the wheels are shot out, one by one, the friends realise that this is no accident. What a ride. I was fully invested, if I had more time on my hands it would've been the perfect book to binge read in a day. Once one gets into it, there's no putting it down. You would want to theorize, to find out what really unfolded, the motives and who is the betrayer. This is told from the point of view of Red, a girl whose police officer mom was killed in the line of duty. Red drove me nuts--she can't remember anything, basically acts like a bumbling weirdo, and I never warmed to her at all even though I was supposed to like her. I also hated Oliver, the oldest and most annoying character.

Starting with the characters!! ✨ the characters in here were definitely a mixed bag- some I genuinely liked, others were meh and even some inspired murder (can you guess who that last one is??) I liked this book. I liked Red's character development, and I liked how fast paced this book was. Regardless of how fast paced it was, it did however feel a little slow in some parts, leaving me to skim read over the descriptions of items like a mirror. I liked how it developed, I liked the ending and plot twists. I guessed 2 of them, which I was proud of myself for, however I did not see all the others coming!! Reyna- Yeah no. Wasn't a fan. She's forgettable. Her sob story had no effect on me, I don't like cheaters.Maddy- tbh... meh. I didn't have any strong feelings towards her. She wasnt the worst but she wasn't super interesting either?? 🙁🙁 A fun, gripping, and skillfully constructed novel of suspense. I loved Pip—her relatable quirks, her inventive investigative approach, and her willingness to step outside of her safe world in search of the truth.” —Emily Arsenault, author of All the Pretty Things Arthur was eh. I didn't really see much personality in him, but he was kind to Red, which was nice to see.

Arthur- I liked how he protected Red a lot and they were pretty cute together 🥰 Other than that, I wish we'd gotten to learn a bit more about him but he was a decent character ✨

Oliver- I have this mental "hit list" of book characters who I hate passionately- and guess who just joined the list 😀😀🔪🔪 I hated Oliver SO MUCH- I wanted to strangle him throughout this book so bad 👊 Yeah, i despise him 😘 just be prepared to hate oliver. no spoilers in the sense of whether he is involved with being the actual perp in this book, he's just a terrible, terrible person from the first time he opens his big fat mouth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment