276°
Posted 20 hours ago

In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new novel from the Sunday Times number 1 bestselling author

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thanks so much for reading my review, I look forward to reading any comments. Feel free to browse my books read for your next great read. I was fortunate to get an advance copy of this book via NetGalley (I chose it because of the cover) and I am glad that I did because it did not disappoint in subject or characters. This confusing discovery is a lot for a child to take in, and it impacts her behaviours, as well as her relationships.

In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new In a Thousand Different Ways: the gripping, unforgettable new

The book is a laudable effort and appeals to you if you are patient and want to understand a unique life. Ahern has unique and beautiful writing with a captivating storyline and characters' depth and development. I loved how she described the different moods and feelings related to the colors. Like a baby is associated with gold color, it’s fascinating when Alice knows that her teacher is pregnant before her teacher knows herself. She is already living with her two brothers and mother, who is deep in her own mental health issues, and as time goes by, she finds herself caring for her wheelchair-bound mother, living a life she is coping with but suffocating herself as well. Alice doesn’t like bright sunlight, seeing people’s colors gives her a headache and she doesn’t like people touching her. Alice starts wearing sunglasses to school, the teachers don’t understand why she needs them inside and they suggest she attends Clearview Academy. A school for teenagers who have behavioral problems, Lily is happy not to have to deal with her odd daughter and Alice makes her first friend Gospel.

In a Thousand Different Ways tells us the story of Alice Kelly who has the gift (even though it doesn't seem that way at times) of being able to see how people around her feel. How wonderful you think. But when you do think about it, it really must be exhausting. Not only does Alice see how people feel but she sees how others soak up others' feelings. This was a lovely book. Alice sees colours in people from when she was 8, her mum and brothers sometimes struggle to understand her, as does Alice herself. In seeing colours in people, she knows their thoughts and emotions, which is often not pleasant, to the point where Alice wears sunglasses and gloves and a mask to protect herself from the bombardment she gets from them. Stellen Sie sich vor, Sie könnten jedem einzelnen Menschen eine bestimmte Farbe zuordnen. Stellen Sie sich vor, die Farben haben Bedeutungen. Stellen Sie sich vor, Sie könnten dadurch die Stimmung und die Absichten aller um Sie herum vorhersehen und fühlen. Stellen Sie sich vor, Sie haben Synästhesie.

In a Thousand Different Ways by Cecelia Ahern | Goodreads In a Thousand Different Ways by Cecelia Ahern | Goodreads

I flew through the book, and I didn’t even realise how emotionally attached I was until I found my eyes welling up with tears at it’s conclusion. If you asked me to describe this book in a colour, I would call it the blue of a mist - pretty to look at but not very discernable. If you asked me how I felt reading it, I'd say it tugged at my heartstrings but it also left me a bit confused - what was the point? Is it a sort of bildungsroman? Just a story of a woman with Synesthesia? If you asked me whether I would recommend the book to others, I'd say it depends on whether you would like to spend an evening reading about a woman, her struggles with her undiagnosed condition, beautiful relationship with her older brother, complicated relationship with her mother and a romance that just didn't seem right.Utterly wonderful . . . Cecelia Ahern is a master storyteller at the absolute peak of her powers. Her heroine, Alice Kelly, is completely unique – beguiling, complicated, extraordinary – and she’ll change the way you see the world’ Clare Pooley I admit it's not a light, jolly tale but the veins of hope that run through it as the story progresses makes it such a beautiful and unique read. This is my first book of Cecelia Ahern. An unusual story, very well written, and I look forward to reading more of her books. Their personalities come to life. It was like watching a movie or listening to a radio play with multiple narrators. Seriously folks, it’s utter genius and it’s what makes the audiobook just pop. I would of enjoyed the novel reading it also but this is THE best audiobook ever. A bad or boring Narrator can kill an audiobook, so choosing one carefully is a must. Kudos! I was immediately drawn to Alice, and I would do anything to protect her. I felt empathy for her in dealing with the gift, and I can’t imagine what it must be like not only to know everyone's feelings, but you could be affected by those feelings too 🥺

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment