276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Alcohol Lied to Me: How to Stop Drinking and Get the Real You Back

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fast forward many, many nights of daily drinking, mixing in some afternoons and a few all day vacation drinking and we come to this year. I found this audiobook to be engaging, intriguing, and thought provoking, until I reached chapter 13 and learned that the "cure" was largely based on combination of supplements. I think the audible gives the correct emphasis on the points Craig is making. He's obviously a gifted speaker and his talents really help drive home his beliefs.

I read that book and a switch was flipped in my thinking, in my beliefs, in the deepest part of my soul I changed. Just like that! Maybe the alcohol was at fault, maybe not, it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. They happened. I got up and went to the bottle of vodka that was hidden in my drawer and opened it on the way to the sink. I purposefully smelled the vodka thinking “one last smell, then down the sink it goes!” I liked the smell of vodka- or at least told myself I did. All these 'willpower' based attempts to stop drinking failed (exactly as they were destined to do). Slowly he discovered the truth about alcohol addiction and one by one all the lies he had previously believed started to fall apart. For the first time he noticed that he genuinely didn’t want to drink anymore. In this book he will lead you though the same amazing process.As an introvert, alcohol was a crutch I used to loosen up and connect with people. I also drank because I told myself that I was allowed to relax and enjoy the moment, and how can you truly relax and enjoy it? With alcohol of course! Well, I had 2, plus the wine, and I was quite loose, quite drunk, making quite a fool of myself! I drove home! I also called my husband on the way home and lied to him when he started in on me on driving while drunk! Nope I said, Im not, I only had a glass of wine. BULLSHIT! There is so much conditioning and binary thinking about alcohol that can make it very challenging for a person who wants a different relationship with alcohol to make sustainable change. Before the age of 9 I was drinking from a bottle of vodka walking to elementary school with my friends. I would get drunk before my day even really started and of course, had a cigarette in my hand also. This was a norm to me and I, nor anyone else really cared to stop it. Because of the hardwiring, you have constructed in your brain and your overactive hypothalamus. You may never achieve total zero, but every day you don’t drink, the base state of withdrawal drops a little further.

For the last 18 years, my drinking went from occasionally (after my son and daughter were born) to daily. Oh I could go a few days, even a few weeks when I had too, but it was always there in my head. So here is how you break the loop once and for all. Firstly, stop drinking, I mean today… right now. I have not had a single sip of poison since the night before I found that book. I have zero desire for it. I will never again partake in the Norm of alcohol!The author and reader transmits all the passion while reading. I am extremely happy to have read this book. I almost cried when it finished. He calls a spade a spade and tells it how it is, alcohol is dangerous, addictive poison that is mis-sold by the advertising industry as something sexy and desirable, when in truth it is a life shortening, carcinogenic drug, that does nothing positive in any of our lives. How anyone thought this wouldn’t influence the children involved is beyond me, but, we all know people don’t think too clearly- or even want too when alcohol is involved! This is why people incorrectly claim that a drink when they get home from work helps them unwind. The only thing that the first drink does is to turn off the withdrawal symptoms of the previous days drinking.

Alcohol withdrawal begins from the moment you take your last sip. It will reach its peak intensity between 24 and 48 hours later. I know the road will be different now for me, for my children, for the new people in my life. I know it will be weeks before the chemistry in my brain is corrected and years for the damage (whatever damage there is) to my liver to be corrected. However, the book seems to be selling Craig's programme all the time and it gets especially cringeworthy at the end. This does make you doubt the rest of the book, which is problematic. This book is motivational, but it also has lots of scientific information. You will hear how alcohol is an ADDICTIVE DRUG that would not obtain an FDA approval of safety if it were introduced today. It has become socially acceptable, almost necessary. We have been brainwashed by the alcohol industry into thinking it makes us more relaxed, more confident, more fun, more sexy and that we are SUPPOSED TO DRINK at social occasions. You will hear the words in my headline over and over during this book, and you will hear why ALL drinkers are playing Russian roulette with potential addiction. Bottom line is we all need to see it for what it is and stop drinking.This lie, that I can stop when I want, empowers me everyday now. Instead of stopping, I remind myself everyday, for the past 3 plus years, that I choose not to drink. I am not allowing alcohol to enter my life today, so there is no reason to have to stop, because I did not start. There are many rites of passage we go through in life. Learning to drive and getting your driver’s license….graduating high school, then possibly college, and getting your first job. For some of us, getting married and becoming parents is also a rite of passage. Planning my day around where and when I could drink, vacations that would allow me to indulge and embarrassing myself at times because I thought I was so funny and smart. What an ass! You’re right, I can’t preach about it, only share it with others who want help and can relate to some close friends who have been able to quit.

This book came at the right time. I know it’s bad, but this assisted me to understand why I couldn’t fathom not drinking, and how to effectively stop. A lie has no truth, support, or foundation to stand on. Some lies are easy to see and decipher, while others, not so much. It makes me a person who found value in conducting an inquiry around if alcohol was adding as much to my life as it took. (It wasn’t.) Maybe my prayers were finally answered. Maybe I was in the perfect storm of my life and was ready to listen. Maybe I knew deep in my soul my Norm had to change. I don’t know. Maybe it was a combination of all 3. We all should read this book to better understand how alcohol affects anyone that drinks the poison.All rites of passages are big experiences and turning points in life that push you into a new way of experiencing it. With earning your driver’s license, you realize you have a new freedom that comes with a huge responsbility. Earning a degree opens new possibilities for following your dreams and goals as well as your career. Becoming a parent brings a new human being into your life and with that comes a huge responsibility. How does alcohol fit into any of this in terms of important life milestones? Once I started drinking alcohol, I felt like I opened a new door of “coolness” and acceptance that I had been missing out on. I could now go to that party and feel comfortable because I knew I could fit in with a drink in hand. Surely I had hit a new level of acceptance with really popular kids. Once I went to college, drinking became a whole new monster, but I was already seasoned from high school and ready for the challenge. respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment