276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Godox AD200 TTL Pocket Flash Strobe, 200Ws 2.4G 1/8000s HSS Flash Bare Bulb/Speedlite Fresnel Flash Head with 2900mAh Lithium Battery, 500 Full Power Flash, 0.01-2.1s Recycle Time (AD200)

£136.5£273.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pre-AD200. I was using the Godox AD360. This was a popular flash amongst wedding photographers. However, the was external bare bulb flash only. This meant I had to use a light modifier and usually large one like a softbox or beauty dish. In the field it wasn’t always the most practical solution. It was also quite an intimidating set up to hand to a bridesmaid or best man if you needed help during a wedding. Top of the list for me was Magmod. Suddenly I could use their innovative lighting solutions and still pump out much more power than a single speedlight. But more on this later! I’ve had quite a few messages from people asking what the differences are between them and if the additional cost is worth it. Thanks to Profoto’s marketing campaign. There has been a rush to release round head flashes due to the ‘better’ lighting pattern. In practice it’s not a biggie unless you like to fire flash unmodified directly at your subjects. Using this head, the quality of light is indeed better compared to bare Fresnel head. The downside is you lose a bit of power. For weddings, I simply don't use it. Godox EC200 - Extender cable Otherwise I just don't use it. Instead I prefer to put the AD200 with the Fresnel head into the Magmod Magbox for situations where I want a large softbox. Godox AD200 Vs Godox AD200 Pro

It’s hard to think that my original Godox AD200 review is already three years old. So I thought it was about time update my review and let you know how my experience has been. Have my feelings changed over time? Has the AD200 stood up to the demands of professional use?Taking wedding photos in the middle of a sunny day is something I avoid if at all possible. The sun is just not very flattering to your subjects. Plus trying to overpower the sun means using a lot of power.

Flash power can now be controlled by 1/10 increments and minimum power is now 1/256 rather than 1/128 on the original Godox AD200. If you are mounting AD200's on a light stand. Then my strong advice is to either have someone hold it or use a weight like a sandbag to stop the stand from toppling over.

It is worth noting that the AD200 Pro does have a recessed LCD screen which should help though I still remain sceptical it would survive a 2m drop. Overall the LCD is perfectly usable. My only minor quibble is I'd like to have seen the rear LCD to be a little brighter. It can be hard to see in bright sunlight but it's not a big deal.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment