276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fitcamx 2K Front and Rear Dash Cam Suitable for Polestar 2 2021-2024, Integrated OEM Look, Dual 1440P+1080P HD Video, 2 Way Loop Recording, Built-in WiFi &APP, G-Sensor, Easy to Use, 64GB Card

£84.995£169.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even the base Polestar 2 features a big free-floating 11.15-inch multimedia screen (image: Tom White). On a final note, part of the Polestar brand promise is to build the world’s first truly carbon neutral vehicle by 2030. To that end, its cars will be built increasingly using renewable resources. In a polite move, Polestar throws in a six metre long 11kW Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable as part of the standard gear. One of the biggest complaints regarding dash cameras is the ease of installation. Not being required to rip apart the entire dash to run cables is essential when choosing the right dash camera. The FitCamX dash cam solves this problem effortlessly. It took me about 5-10 minutes to install the FitCamx dash cam.

The next step is to disconnect this green connector. To do this I used needle nose pliers to pull the plug while using a flat head to unfasten the clip. Doing so will disconnect the required plug as seen below.

Can electric vehicles tow a trailer?

The provided video instructional works to give you an idea of how to install the dash camera. However, I found in my 2022 Polestar 2 a slightly more simplified way to go about installation. In the video, it shows to remove part A(see picture below) first. I found that simply removing part B was sufficient enough to expose the required plug. I have it because they shipped me it by mistake. It is simple enough and looking at the hardware I don't think the current draw is going to be enough to make a huge difference to the 12V unless you're leaving it on for an extended amount of time. I would hope it's smart enough to shut down if voltage gets too low as well. It's a project I intend to undertake when it's less cold in my garage and I feel like being out there for a good amount of time. Stylish touches include the ‘Thor’s hammer’ front lights and the wrap-around brake light at the rear. The proportions – and the stubby front end – almost give it a muscle-car vibe, which is offset by clean creases and clear shutlines.

You can change the angle of the door mirrors easily using buttons, whereas the rivals Model 3 requires you to delve into its centrally mounted touchscreen. And while the Model 3 displays crucial information, such as your speed, on its central touchscreen, Polestar has put a 12.3in digital driver's display right in front of you, behind the steering wheel. Polestar favours Scandinavian minimalism, by reducing and simplifying the shapes which make up the dash so the design is less distracting, but on closer inspection all the materials have finely detailed patternwork and unusual textures. That’s not to say most of the key active stuff isn’t standard, you still score freeway-speed auto emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection, lane keep assist with lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition, and driver attention alert. For an electric car, though, there are some areas where the Polestar 2 doesn’t make the most of its underpinnings. For a start, there’s a huge, raised console, making for a closed-in, driver-focused space compared to the flat floor and open space of many of its rivals. At 11kW the AC charger will juice the Standard Range Polestar 2 in seven hours, or the Long Range version in eight hours.Being a Volvo off-shoot, as well as sharing its CMA platform with various Volvo models, means the Polestar 2 is by nature a safe car. There’s a bit of devil in the detail here, though. The right side of the dash camera houses the micro SD card slot reader. The FitCamX comes with a pre-installed 64GB micro SD card. The footage the device records will be stored here. You can view footage by either connecting to the camera's built-in wifi or by simply removing the micro SD card and placing it in the provided USB SD card reader adapter. The ride, while generally superb, is also not bullet proof. This is still a sporting machine, and as such it can be a little busy over corrugations.

The interior has those steering and dash elements shared with Volvo, but this seems to be where the similarities come to a close. Range is officially stated as 470km on the standard range single motor, 540km on the long range single motor, or 480km on the long range dual motor. Don’t get me wrong here, though, it’s not excessively fast, not sledgehammer brutal like the Tesla Model 3. I’d say this is down to the DNA the Polestar 2 shares with its Volvo parent company. Like the rest of the car, the load area has been well thought out with hooks and tether points aplenty. There’s even a panel that folds up, splitting the rear boot in half and making sure your shopping doesn’t slide about. There are areas which are very good though. Like driver ergonomics. For a start, it’s nice that you just hop in and the car is on and ready to go, but the seating position is excellent, as is the floating screen; one of a handful of examples of touch functions actually being easy to use.On the lower-speed AC charging standard, the Polestar 2’s inverter can charge the battery at a max rate of 11kW. This matches most large battery rivals, and is necessary to make the most of convenience charging from more widely available AC public chargers as well as home wall box set-ups. Polestar says there’s a good reason for this, suggesting it's more ‘individualistic’ than its Volvo sister brand.

Open the doors and from the driver’s seat you’ll notice a couple of things. One is the frameless rear-view mirror, which matches the frameless door mirrors. This means that the whole assembly moves, rather than just the plate glass. These ranges aren’t as excessive as the ones achieved by the Polestar 2’s key Tesla Model 3 rival, but are certainly healthy when weighed up against most EVs from mainstream competitors. To be fair to the brand, it is clear about the fact that it is more about driver engagement than it is about having a massive interior space, saying it seeks to move away from the family-oriented design of its Volvo parent. I was surprised to find how big the doors are given this car’s coupe roofline, making it easy to step in and out of, and I also had plenty of knee room and headroom behind my own seating position, despite a raised rear bench.

Comments

I want the models that also records the cabin to avoid unnecessary headaches with cops like "mobile or no seatbelts" false accusations which aren't from that brand. it has an excellent parking mode that detects both movement outside and impact and buffers whatever is happening just before the event (basically the recording will show whatever got captured before and after). At 11kW the AC charger will juice the Standard Range Polestar 2 in seven hours, or the Long Range version in eight hours. (image: Tom White)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment