276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BenQ ZOWIE XL2411 24 Inch 144 Hz e-Sports Gaming Monitor with 1 ms, Black eQualizer, Dark Grey

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Together they tested the ZOWIE monitor on four FPS games, CS:GO, Rainbow Six Siege, Apex Legends, and Overwatch, and the following is a summary of their thoughts. The most difficult task for the BenQ XL2411K is competing with fast-IPS monitors with equally effective motion handling. Most other monitors have excellent color performance and cost nearly as much as this. This issue makes the XL2411K a difficult sell in the market, but it is still an excellent alternative for individuals who must avoid blurring and ghosting at all costs. Factual Analysis of Features Build-Quality REVIEW – Without a doubt, the two most important components of a good gaming system are the video card and the monitor. The monitor is what gamers are looking at while playing, and the video card is what renders the games on the monitor. When I designed my current system, I included a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, a solid, mid-range video card. For a monitor, I use a Dell UltraSharp U2715H. This monitor is a compromise for a gaming system. On the one hand it’s wonderfully large (27 inches), has great resolution (2560 x 1440), and includes a wealth of ports (including DP, mDP, 2xHDMI, 5xUSB); on the other hand, it has a60 Hz refresh rate and a lethargic 8 ms response time. It’s a great general-purpose monitor, but it’s not ideal for video gaming, especially for fast-paced, first-person shooter (FPS) games. This is why I was super excited to get an opportunity to review the BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P gaming monitor. What is it?

BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 144Hz 24-inch e-Sports Monitor review BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 144Hz 24-inch e-Sports Monitor review

If you’re looking to get into the fast-paced world of competitive FPS video games, or if you want to upgrade your current monitor without breaking the bank, then I think you should take a hard look at the ZOWIE XL2411P monitor. It may not be the most attractive monitor on the outside, but it’s got it where it counts, a rich set of features that are going to help you take your game to the next level. Just keep in mind that you will have to spend some extra time configuring this monitor. I think, however, that you will find it to be worth the time you spend. Game on!

We didn’t notice any significant display lag during our testing. Motion blur is controlled with a setting called AMA, which stands for Advanced Motion Accelerator. As with most BenQ monitors, we found that the middle AMA setting, ‘high’, produced better results than ‘off’ or ‘premium’. Premium resulted in some visible overshoot in some tests, while off had some noticeable motion blur.

Benq Zowie XL2411 kaina | Kaina24.lt Benq Zowie XL2411 kaina | Kaina24.lt

Luminance uniformity is a little worse but still decent, with the bottom right quadrant appearing a little dimmer (~12%) than its contemporaries. We also have some initial measurements before our advanced testing begins, including a relatively low Delta-E values for white point and 50% gray. We can also see that we missed out 120 nits target by a small margin, with the display being a little too bright. This monitor has a response time of 1 ms (GtG). The grey-to-grey (GtG) response time is a measurement of how long a pixel takes to changes colors. The lower the value the better, and the higher the refresh rate, the more important it is to have a lower response time. Low response times prevent ghosting, which is where fast-moving objects on the screen leave a trail behind them as they move across the screen. Most monitors are under 10 ms; my Dell, for example, has a response time of 8 ms. Gaming monitors should have 5 ms or less, and a 1 ms response time is good. To achieve a 1 ms response time, the XL2411P has a feature known as advanced motion acceleration (AMA) that must be enabled using the control keys. This drives more voltage to the liquid crystals, thus producing images faster. The XL2411P has a refresh rate of 144 Hz. The higher the refresh rate, the more images per second, the smoother the game appears to be. 60 Hz is fine for ordinary activities; 144 Hz is great for gaming, especially for FPSs; and 240 Hz is for those at highest levels of competitive gaming.BenQ has never been one for look-at-me styling, and the XL2411P follows that theme. It could easily be mistaken for an enterprise monitor and is certainly qualified for that purpose. One unique element is the small tab on the bottom right that leads the user to the control buttons underneath. A small LED shines orange in standby mode and green when the power’s on. TN-based panels are never ideal for video or photo work, but the XL2411 wasn’t too bad either. Once calibrated, it boasted relatively high colour accuracy and little colour shift was evident when viewing the monitor from the sides, above or below (although brightness was certainly affected). Next up is colour accuracy. We have decent but not great results throughout, with that teal shade proving troublesome once again. The average of 2.48 is not quite as good as the more high-end XL2540 we tested earlier this month, but it’s still decent for a TN-panel monitor.

BenQ Zowie XL2411 24 -Inch 144Hz 1ms FHD (1080p) e-Sports FPS BenQ Zowie XL2411 24 -Inch 144Hz 1ms FHD (1080p) e-Sports FPS

We tested the XL2411 in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Project CARS. We also wrote this review, edited some photos and carried out other journalistic work over a one week period, using it as our primary monitor. First up are colour gamuts; the monitor hits 98% of sRGB, 72% of NTSC and 76% of AdobeRGB. This is great but not outstanding for a TN-panel monitor, and combined with good colour accuracy means that the monitor can be used for non-critical photography and video work. Our overall gaming experience with the XL2411P was a positive one, but we’d rather see FreeSync support than be forced to resort to a blur reduction feature for smooth motion. The reduction in brightness may be an issue for some users, as it's limited to 180 nits peak. But turning it on created a tad more color saturation, making the monitor look a little better. The XL2411P is the first gaming monitor we’ve reviewed in a long time that doesn’t support G-Sync or FreeSync, and we wondered if it would be missed. The short answer is not as much as you’d think.Another significant improvement on the BenQ XL2411K is its connectivity configuration, which now includes more video inputs. On the panel, there are DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 slots, as well as two HDMI 1.4 slots. In comparison, the original XL2411 only offered HDMI 1.4 and DVI-DL, with only the latter supporting 144Hz operation. I don’t play very many FPS games, so I decided to get some expert help from a couple of guys who do. My son, Jacen, is the President of Liberty University’s Gaming Club and Director of Liberty Esports. Jacen and his business partner, Jaden, started the College Call of Duty League (CCL) where universities compete against each other regionally and nationally each year. Jacen (pictured left) plays on Liberty’s Overwatch and Dota teams. His friend, Trevor Ray (pictured right), is the manager of Liberty’s Dota team, and he plays on Liberty’s Dota and Rainbow Six Siege teams. Let’s take a look at our benchmarks now, to get a more quantifiable idea of the monitor’s quality. Benchmarks

SOLVED] Benq XL2411 on 144hz not working only 60hz [SOLVED] Benq XL2411 on 144hz not working only 60hz

As usual, our benchmarks are performed using a Spyder4Elite*. We’re calibrating the display to gamma 2.2, white point 6500k and 120 nits of brightness. All in all, a very standard monitor that doesn’t really push the boat out when it comes to design – you could easily use this monitor in an office environment without turning heads. Testing

Fluid Gameplay with Smooth and Precise Control

We used the gamma-3 setting, which on this occasion corresponded to a display gamma of 1.9. The gray ramp is relatively even, too. Jacen preferred the sturdier base of the XL2411P over the base of his monitor, an MSI Optic G24C. Trevor liked the UI of the XL2411P as well as its rich set of features and options; he found changing the settings with the control keys to be easier on the BenQ than with his monitor, an AOC G2460P. Both of these guys, however, echoed my observations that the color on the XL2411P was worse; they spent more time on the BenQ adjusting the settings than they did on their own monitors, though in the end they were happy with their settings. Here are the settings that Trevor uses, if you need something to get you started: The final step in setting up the monitor was to set the refresh rate. On Windows 10, I found this setting by going to:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment