276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Minnow on the Say

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have never heard anyone say, "X has the say" meaning the same as "X has the final say", i.e. the ultimate decision-making authority. To the best of my knowledge, that is simply not the idiom. That is, the idiom calls for the article "a" when referring to someone who has influene, not "the". It calls for inclusion of the word "final" when referring to someone who has the ultimate authority. One summer in the 1930s, two boys use a canoe, the Minnow, on the Say River to search for a treasure concealed by an ancestor of one of the boys at the time of the Spanish Armada. They believe a short poem holds the clue to its location. Today’s expression is “on the way.” It’s such a common phrase, but I realized that this is one of those phrases that’s essential in English, but is probably not translated directly into any other language. So, if you try to translate this directly from your language, you probably won’t get it right.

All the kids who featured on the iconic Late Late Toy Show on Friday night were hilarious, but there was one boy who stole the show.

Third of a species begin dying (23,000) over a two day period, the spectacled flying foxes, unable to survive heatwave of 42 degrees in northern Queensland, Australia Pastorek, Whitney (3 May 2007). "This Week in '82". Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved 19 March 2009.

After us kids all debated about where to go for the family vacation that summer, our parents finally told us we were heading to Niagra Falls. After all, they had the final say in the matter.

Italy and Britain sign an agreement fixing the frontier between their colonies of Eritrea and Sudan in East Africa I drove to Yellowstone National Park last summer . That was my primary destination. But I also went to Mt. Rushmore, the mountain with the faces of American presidents carved into the side. It’s a popular tourist attraction and I’m glad I went. But let’s be honest. I only went because it was on the way to Yellowstone. It was on the way to Yellowstone: Meaning, I had a route from Chicago to Yellowstone. And Mt. Rushmore was on the way, it was along the same route. I could pull off easily and make that stop. Top 50 Singles of 1983". Music Week. London, England: Spotlight Publications: 25. 25 December 1983.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment