276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Renegade Game Studios Renegade Game Studio | Architects of the West Kingdom | Board Game | Ages 12+ | 1 to 5 Players | 60 to 80 Minutes Playing Time

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I have been playing a lot of worker placement games lately, and this one appealed to me for that reason. Also, we could either find some two player variants on the internet or turn to a solo game if we don’t have anyone to play with.

Production areas (Quarry, Forest, Mines, Silversmith) – When you place your worker here, you get an amount of stuff based on how many workers you have there (the formula for each is printed right under the title of the space).

I like my games intense, exciting, fast-paced and action-packed; on the other hand, I’m still a total sucker for anything that pulls at the heartstrings. While the game is the lightest of the West Kingdom trilogy, it does offer a decent challenge (more on that later).

What this leads to is a constant ramping-up of power, and therefore creates a need to slow down your opponents. He now enjoys playing worker placement, deck building, dice driven and coop games with his primary gaming partner, his wife. In this way, players can control their opponent’s supply of workers, forcing them either to pay to get their workers back, or limit their options significantly until you hand them over at the Guardhouse.If however, you’re like me and you sometimes like messing with your opponents and don’t mind if they mess with you, then the solo mode is definitely going to be up your street. In this game, which is set in the 9th century, players are working to be the best at constructing buildings and the cathedral. Hi Dale, I’ve played a couple of times now, and must say that it’s an enjoyable romp, and the need to balance your Virtue score to maximise your board opportunities is an interesting puzzle… I haven’t yet seen a player go ‘all-virtuous’ or vice-versa (all-black), and the constantly changing board makes for an interesting game every time.

It’s very easy to learn the new actions and features, and if you don’t feel confident using them, you can still compete just using the base game actions.There are so few euro games at all, let alone worker-placement games, that play up to six, so it’s a fantastic option if you have a bigger group. Shuffle the Apprentice deck and deal one card into every space on the board, leaving the remaining cards and the Debt cards near the board. The game offers the same fulfilling choices as Raiders of the North Sea, while upping the stakes with implementation of the Virtue track. It might feel awesome to say ‘I go to the quarry and get six stone’, but that’s something people are going to notice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment