276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Death Sets Sail: A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery (A Murder Most Unladylike Mystery, 9)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong have set off on a trip to Egypt courtesy of fellow Deepdean girl Amina El-Maghrabi (who Daisy may possibly have a crush on) who has invited them to stay with her family in Cairo. Better still, Hazel’s father has offered to take them on a Nile cruise afterwards, with Hazel’s sisters May and Rose in tow.

I love your characters, I love your books and you are my favourite author ever, you are so nice and inspiring and I am so so very very thankful that you wrote this series, it brought me happiness in some of the saddest and hardest of moments! There is so much more I could say and so much more I loved about it but this comment is already long enough. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book with more plot twists than this one, and I loved Amina and Daisy’s relationship. I would never have guessed it was Heppy! I can’t believe the series is over already! I can’t wait for MOUA to come in 2022. This book was definitely a fitting send-off for the Detective Society, and I loved every second of it. 11/10I LOVED it. It was my favorite it the series and I read it in one day. At first I was angry/sad that Robin Stevens had killed of Daisy and then I got to the last chapter and when it said someone was in the room with Hazel I thought, ooooooh so Daisy isn’t dead, then, DAISY’S NOT DEAD. I guessed the murder which I have never done before and I was really proud of myself. I loved that Hazel’s father is now accepting of Hazel’s run in’s with murder and now he has to deal with May instead. I love how both Daisy and Hazel get their first kisses and the LGBTQ+ representation, I think that it is very important. I love this series it has meant to much to me and i can’t wait for TMOUA, even though I will probably be far too old for them, I will still read them. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

Are you going to tell us about all of them in once upon a crime, or the ministry of unladylike activity? First off lemme just say I LOVED IT also don’t make it to romancy but can you drop a hint in the next book or something that hazel and alexander and Amina and Daisy become couples I liked that Amina was the one that daisy chose to be with because of there revelry I really hope you will make a book in a few years that is hazel and daisy all grown up with kids and married to alexader and Amina that would we SUPER COOl thanksI suppose. Thats what I really wanted some short mysteries that hazel and daisy do together. Maybe like 2? I look forward t them hopefully being in MOUA (ministry of unladylike adventures i think) and I hope by then people know diasy is alive Hi, i just wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE MMU. I’ve read most of them at least 3 times, and they just get better every time. In my opinion, I agree that Death Sets Sail is the BEST book in the series, the plot twists got me really fixated! I was so convinced that Heppy was ruled out, and I think I cried when she nearly pulled may into the water. (I love May, she’s so funny and bubbly.) I also felt so sorry for Alexander because he only wanted to tell Hazel that he loved her, but she wouldn’t let him. I also love how you incorporated Daisy and Hazel’s first kisses as well, it makes me feel like a proud mum. When I was little, I could never get into fiction because I found it so boring, but these books made me find my love for crime novels, I love Poirot. Thank you so much for writing these fabulous books, I dont think i wait much longer for the next series! Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong are in Egypt, where they are taking a cruise along the Nile. They are hoping to see some ancient temples and a mummy or two; what they get, instead, is murder. P.S Robin Stevens I would just like to say a big thank you for making my 3 years of reading your books the best of my life! Your my favorite author and I was heartbroken when I heard this is The detective society’s last case…

Amina’s point of view as a modern Egyptian Muslim viewing the Breath of Life’s garbled rituals to the ancient Egyptian gods is among a number of details that highlight the assumptions of colonialism, class and Empire among which Wells and Wong steer their story – which is, as always, a finely crafted whodunnit with plenty of intrigue, compelling characters – and an unexpected twist.Hazel and Daisy are so part of me too – sometimes in my head I call my best friend Daisy (Never to her face) even though her name’s something completely different. I can relate to Hazel so much – she’s my favourite ever character!! All because of you and your AMAZING books I am now CRAZY about murder mysteries. I also enjoyed the guggenheim mystery, but that could never, ever ever get as good as murder most unladylike. I’m so sad that Death Sets Sail was the last one of them, but I agree that all series have to end at some point as I know some which got worse with time and Murder Most Unladylike finishes AS AWESOME AS EVER AND I LOVE IT!!!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment