276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Are We There Yet?

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s a mischievous sort of, ‘I’m in this town for one night, why don’t you just take me back to your place? shows that Rick is still pushing to reach even greater musical heights, in the process guaranteeing entertainment and joy on record, on stream, on radio and on stage.

Rick Astley - Are We There Yet? (2023) Hi-Res Rick Astley - Are We There Yet? (2023) Hi-Res

Man kann von der Musik beeinflusst werden, ohne dorthin zu reisen, aber ich glaube, wenn man auf einer Tournee fünfmal den Mississippi überquert, fließt das irgendwie mit ein. The idea was that it would make for a fun side project to Astley’s hugely enjoyable nostalgia gigs, which mainly draw on the “Never Gonna Give You Up” star’s ’80s catalog (see his ebullient Glastonbury 2023 performance for reference). Manchmal fühlt es sich schön an und ist großartig, und ich genieße eine herrliche Dusche, es ist die Natur und es ist wunderbar. Es ist eine Art scherzhaftes „Ich bin nur für eine Nacht in dieser Stadt, warum nimmst du mich nicht einfach mit zu dir nach Hause [take me back to your place]? Some of the new songs were started during lockdown in 2020, but he decided to leave them deliberately unfinished until it was feasible to play them live again.At the midweek point, the album had been at number one, 400 chart units ahead of number two, Sick Boi by Welsh rapper Ren Gill, [14] which eventually debuted at the top.

Rick Astley - Are We There Yet? - Ticketmaster UK Rick Astley - Are We There Yet? - Ticketmaster UK

Astley said of the song: "It's not Americana, but the tagline at the start of the chorus is: 'Dipping my feet in the Mississippi River. Like Glastonbury, which I never thought was ever going to happen, I thought that was a dream long gone, but we did that this summer [in 2023]—I was holding hands with my wife as I walked up to the stage. He performed almost everything you hear throughout the record, the only exceptions being brass, keyboards and some backing vocals. It’s been the journey of a lifetime, yet the road ahead of him remains open for further exploration - the next stop being the release of his long awaited ninth studio album Are We There Yet?This has got a tiny bit of a Rolling Stones thing in certain parts of it, in the chords and the middle eight. Ich wollte mich mit meiner Kindheit auseinandersetzen, aber ich hatte auch das Gefühl, dass ich nach dem, was ich als Popstar in den 80er-Jahren durchgemacht hatte, eine gewisse Heilung brauchte. I said, ‘No, I still love you,’ because there’s a line about not trusting all those guys and girls who wear the same suit every day and do that job. It’s about somebody saying, ‘Take me back to your place just for one night and let’s just forget everything, I won’t even be here in the morning. My wife does drive me absolutely crazy and vice versa, but she drives me crazy in every sense of the word.

ARE WE THERE YET – RICK ASTLEY | Official Charts ARE WE THERE YET – RICK ASTLEY | Official Charts

I think the sounds on this record, certainly the guitar parts, have been influenced by being in America for that length of time.The album was inspired by the soul music of Marvin Gaye, Al Green and Bill Withers, [1] and recorded at the Astley's home studio in London. The balance found between touring the nostalgia circuit and that forward-facing new material feeds directly into Are We There Yet? It's definitely not country, but I've never twanged a guitar as much as I have in the past couple of months.

Rick Astley, Are We There Yet?, review: Cements the singer as

This is probably the most contentious one on the album because of the lyrical bit of, ‘Throw me on the sofa, tie me to a chair, scratch me with your nails and pull my hair. The news comes as Rick prepares to make his Glastonbury debut Saturday, June 24, when he will open the Pyramid Stage. Die große Hoffnung war, dass wir aus COVID herauskommen, dass wir den Brexit haben, dass die Regierung die Dinge ein bisschen lockert, dass die Steuern ein wenig günstiger werden, dass alles etwas einfacher wird, aber es scheint sich ins Gegenteil verkehrt zu haben.Es ist einfach Zeug, das einem beim Spielen einfällt, und manchmal fühlt es sich einfach richtig an und wird Teil des Songs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment