276°
Posted 20 hours ago

OWC Express 4M2 (0 TB) Four-Slot M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure with SoftRAID XT, Up to 2800MB/s, Four M.2 NVMe SSD bays, Add up to 32TB of storage

£178.745£357.49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While no SSD has the capacity of spinning hard drives, no spinning media can touch these for speed, ruggedness and minimal noise. To get into the device, there are two captive thumbscrews to slide the internal components out of the shell. OWC ClingOn custom cable stabilizers (available separately) screw into the OWC Dock or OWC Drive housing to reduce – if not completely eliminate – cable strain on Thunderbolt and USB-C connections so you can work with ultimate confidence even in the highest foot traffic environments. In this review, I’ll be looking at this device and how it fits into my workflow as a Digital Imaging Technician in the motion picture industry. As you can probably gather from those measurements, it doesn’t take a lot of real estate to house four M.

Apple Mac models with Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt ports can be connected using an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable (available separately).

While this much speed will be overkill for HD editing, these are invaluable for edits involving multicam and large frame sizes. You roll out the mat and cut it when you reach the end of the room then, flip it over and come back the other way. The OWC Express 4M2 is a really compact external enclosure, built out of extruded aluminum and anodized in black.

Decided there are a lot of what ifs, so moving on to single or dual NVME Thunderbolt enclosure products. Ingest and duplicate dailies at breakneck speeds, work with higher resolutions, smoothly scrub through demanding timelines, and plow through thousands of photos with ease. Underfloor Heating Trade Supplies are proud to provide one of the most popular and versatile products on the market.

As you look at the back, once you get everything screwed back together, you’ll see two Thunderbolt 3/4 connectors along with one DisplayPort and power connector. When you compare it in size to a typical 4-drive spinning media RAID, it is much smaller, quieter and lighter. SSDs up to 32GB, this enclosure allows you to build a high-capacity, custom storage solution tailored to your needs. Like those enclosures, the OWC Express 4M2 comes equipped with four drive bays, but the difference is the drive “bays” are super-tiny M. That’s not to say that you shouldn’t consider the Promise Pegasus if you need access to big pools of local storage.

I especially recommend it if you need a storage device that can handle multiple operations at a time and physical space is not a luxury. NVMe SSD slots customizable for any workflow with vibration damping feet that allow for vertical or horizontal orientation. All goods will arrive strapped and wrapped to a pallet and will not be broken down or handled by the driver. It is worth mentioning, though, so if your workflow requires a really quiet room, be aware that you will hear the fan unless you bury it in a shelf somewhere.

I was disappointed in the “newer” 2nd model I received which did not come with tool-less screws on the back as my model the year before. If you need maximum storage, blazing speed and the potential to upgrade the storage as larger SSDs are released, get the OWC Express 4M2. In my case, I would format this as RAID 0 knowing that I need to regularly back up the Express to other, generally slower, storage.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment