276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Euphoric Recall

£5.975£11.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Aidan Martin from Livingston has struggled with substance abuse since he was just 13 years old and grew up with with 'no big dreams of success'. Sinn Fein/Provisional IRA in Monaghan Town, protected many child-rapists within their ranks. One of the most prolific child rapists was Michael Lynagh, who was Jim Lynagh's older brother by 3-years.

Science Quantitative Analysis of Culture Using Millions of - Science

I have OCD - which can feel like an addiction at times - so I really related to Aidan’s story, and appreciated his heart-wrenching honesty throughout. It was a great event. Having teas and coffees on offer, live music and sharing information on local issues. It was great to have books displayed which discuss addiction." About the Author: Aidan Martin is a fiancé to his beautiful partner and a proud father of two beautiful children. He works as a mental health and addictions worker in Scotland as well as studying social work at the master’s degree level. In 2017 he gained an honours degree in social sciences: with criminology and sociology. As a grateful recovering addict, Aidan is heavily involved in the recovery scene. Aidan was born and raised in a housing scheme in Ladywell, within the town of Livingston. To this day there isn’t a lot of support in the community for addicts which is something I want to use my degrees to change.Aiden explained: “I thought I was daft with no academic bone in my body, but after volunteering at a shelter I felt the buzz of helping others and knew I wanted to go to college and try. LL: Thanks for the clarification! There were several points in the book that teared me up. One of which was—I’m going to try to say this without spoilers—when your sponsor John walked into the hospital. I guess I was crying out of relief that this time, things might go better for you. Can you talk about the importance of male support in recovery?

Aidan Martin - Good Things Take Time (Official Music Video) Aidan Martin - Good Things Take Time (Official Music Video)

As someone who has struggled with their mental health since I was a teenager, I absolutely loved this book because it just *gets it *. Lara Lillibridge: Sharing personal stories is an essential part of many people’s recovery processes. Why did you feel it was important to write down your story and share it with the world, in addition to speaking at meetings? Was the written form important to you? They wanted ‘ballsy books about life’ and I told them from the beginning how ballsy my memoir was. But it was more than that—my editor, Julianne Ingles, was honest and thoughtful from the very beginning. The discussions felt personal and real. She told me what she expected from me and I told her my vision. It felt like a match. I was elated when I signed my contract with them.LL: I’d like to ask you about writing through fear or discomfort. At one point, in writing about Derek, you wrote, He says he applauds the Scottish Government for ‘holding their hands up’ and admitting drastic measures are needed to help lower drug deaths. Hard hitting memoir. Aiden Martin gives us the realism of poor schooling, abuse, heartbreak, addiction and recovery. I read this book in 24 hours , i was absolutely gripped from the beginning. The author of this book is extremely talented with the way he describes thoughts and feelings relating to different events in his journey, you feel in that moment with him and expirence all the emotions together it is very easy to imagine, there is a mixture of happiness and sadness and proper out loud laughter! Real raw context within. I really look forward to following this journey! And also already jumping with excitement at the thought of another book! Thank you so much Aiden Martin you should be extremely proud!

IRA Monaghan Town - Blogger Sinn Fein Provisional IRA Monaghan Town - Blogger

AM: The recovery scene isn’t for everyone and I respect that. So, I think I was keeping in mind that a non-addict reading this may have felt that the recovery scene was a bit airy-fairy or like a religion when the reality is nothing of the sort. I am not an airy-fairy kind of guy either.Aidan's honesty and open presentation was good to hear. His bravery in sharing his life was refreshing." Structurally, this book is really well-formed and written, and it’s a brisk read that I found hard to put down (for all my mental health has been a bit all over the place recently). I wanted to strike a balance between celebrating and explaining the recovery path that saved my life without alienating anyone who doesn’t know or who doesn’t follow a similar type of recovery scene. And again, this book is more than just an addiction story so I imagine there will be many people reading for reasons other than addiction. LL: How long have you been clean? And by the way, it’s okay if you don’t want to answer this! I don’t know if it goes against the “one day at a time” mentality, and it might not be something you share publicly. Many of us write with a certain reader in mind. Were you writing for the reluctant addict? Society as a whole?

Review of Aidan Martin’s Euphoric recall by Tich - SFAD

This event is part of West Lothian Council Library Service's 'Libraries can Do It' project, which is supported by the Scottish Government Public Library COVID Recovery Fund. Aidan is now more than three years clean and is a successful author after writing his first book, Euphoric Recall. He began attending recovery meetings in his 20s to become sober. What a truly remarkable, emotional and honest memoir. In my opinion, this was a powerful book with a spectacular and positive message that is achieved from a straight talking description of an honest account of how life can be, captured via some hard hitting accounts. The speaker and activist was also joined by local musician Martin Livingstone, who performed some of his original songs. Martin also shared how his past experience of engaging with West Lothian Youth Action Project encouraged his passion for music, which ultimately helped him to pursue his musical career. operated south Armagh, Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin’s brother-in-law, turned Informer when arrested by The RUC, 20 senior south Armagh PIRA members arrested on McGinn's evidence. McGinn was allowed to return to Monaghan and live out the rest of his life, many Informers enjoyed this Amnesty from The PIRA after they had turned informer, if they were connected to the right people.AM: Yes! I am already four chapters into a Scottish mystery novel set in the early 2000’s. It is based around the dying trance scene. It looks at a very specific time for lads in Scotland who had nothing else to live for but drugs and music. It is based in West Lothian (the county I grew up in) and is character driven. I realized there is no need to create characters out of thin air when I grew up with so many vibrant, edgy people. I can say now, that my being raped by Michael Lynagh, was known to An Garda Siochana, however, no action could be taken, or I would have been murdered as was fellow school child Columba McVeigh, because that is what JB O'Hagan said would happen if I told anyone about being raped.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment