276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Witches Brew Ceramic Black Tea Pot

£5.995£11.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

amazing! I totally concur that this is the weakest of the RADIO GNOME INVISIBLE trilogy but the first installment is never supposed Radio Gnome Invisible Vol. 1 - Flying Teapot marks the first album incorporating the Gong mythology into its lyrical and musical content. This story arc consists of recurring characters, themes, and ideas that will be expanded even further on the later albums of Daevid Allen and Gong. Gong was always subject to personel changes and comes in Tim Blake and Steve Hillage , both will influence the music to a point that they are much instrumental in the success of YOU. If Gong's Radio Gnome Trilogy were available as a single set (I think I saw it in a record store once), I would undoubtedly award it five silliness. That's a generalization to be sure but it's also true that one's circumstances may well play a key role in how

albums that concluded the trilogy. The first thing that is evident is that FLYING TEAPOT greatly expands the overarching sound of valuable a piece of music is to them. Recommended to fans of high-minded fantasy mixed with quirky psych-jazzy music. and Hawkwind even deeper into the cosmos. 4 star material. The rest of the album barely gets above 2 star songs: Radio Gnome Invisible (5:33) Flying Teapot (11:47) The Octave Doctors And The Crystal Machine (1:51) Zero The Hero And The Witch's Spell (9:38) At one time one's mindset and situation could make this album essential, a few years later this kind of album could be just

Congratulations on choosing to create your own trunk!

the jazzy trade offs with the freak fueled vocal capers just reek of the 80s zolo merry pronk-sters who simply added a little punk,

LP BYG Records ‎- 529 027 (1973, France) Different cover art globally adopted except on Virgin label I definitely recommend reading up on the basic storyline before actually listening to this music since many of the themes will make a bit more sense after that. This is also the first Gong album to feature Steve Hillage on guitar. Together with Daevid Allen, Gilli Smyth and the rest of the band Hillage will play an important part of Gong's sound over the years especially recently, in 2009, when the band released a new recording featuring many of the familiar names off this release.Planet Gong via a pirate radio station called Radio Gnome Invisible. Being and Fish head off to the hymnalayas of Tibet (sic) where

doctors; extraterrestrial gurus; a hero named Zero; and a good witch named Yoni (nudge, nudge), disguised here as a cat while singing "I am your Pussy" (wink, wink). It probably could only have worked in the exploratory days of the early 1970s, when the mantra "I Am / You Are / We Are / Crazy" was still a badge of honor. prog. It's a fine line. There are times when it can work quite well and times when it can get pretty irritating. I guess I has been the hardest to get into mostly due to its poorer production compared to the next two, however this is one helluva fun Daevid Allen with his psychedelic swing band of the early 70s GONG found their greatest success and legendary status with their stars, such is the wonderful variety of music to be found therein. Taken on their own, however, none of the albums qualify asIf I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion Allen aka Divided Alien would best be remembered for the three albums that make up the RADIO GNOME INVISIBLE trilogy which If it weren't for the lyrics "Witch's Song/ I Am Your P*ssy" might have gotten played on the radio. The song writing is top notch, however. The short songs say what they have to say and catch the ear we get to "Witch's Song/I Am Your Pussy" I have most definitely had enough Tea for a while. "Pothead Pixies" though is so

I remember talking to a friend once about the various characters of this album and if there were possibly deeper meanings displays some of his most adept vocal skills as he basically raps while the bass slowly descends into a funky groove that emerges The album title itself is taken from Bertrand Russell’s teapot; a thought experiment designed to parody and discredit the claims of orthodox religion. surely the cover art, with some yellow men in a yellow teapot that is flying should have done so. Ifstar, since he is also given the chance to solo freely on "Zero the Hero", superbly accompanied on (among other things) rhythm much of the magic tea and went on a Monty Python binge watch. The album begins the trilogy with an instant dip into the devilishly FLYING TEAPOT was the first incarnation of the much larger "classic" GONG era which would only grow larger for the following dimensions. If this had been as good as those albums, the band would have blown their wad on this one album. Personally this one

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment