276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Message from Ukraine

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And I am horrified to have that childhood refrain of the world banding together against bad guys taken away. The noted conservative economist delivers arguments both fiscal and political against social justice initiatives such as welfare and a federal minimum wage. I loved the book. I hope and pray that things go well for Zelensky and his beautiful country and I hope they come out of this with their freedom intact.

A Message from Ukraine: President Zelensky publishes ‘battle

Ukraine’s president gathers 16 recent speeches, defiant and stirring, to rally the world to his embattled nation’s cause. According to the book's prologue, by Economist Russia editor Arkady Ostrovsky, those brief words were a turning point in the war. "There were rumours – spread by Russian officials – that Zelensky had left the country and that his government had collapsed," Ostrosvsky writes. "This half-minute video proved otherwise." But having had the dubious privilege of listening to many world leaders' speeches as a Telegraph foreign correspondent, I can say one thing about this collection that I can say about very few others. Namely, that I read every single one of them without nodding off. Besides music, literature, and film, Ukraine has given the world other distinctive cultural contributions. The country is known for its tradition of intricately painted eggs, called писанки́ ( pysanky) , as well its colorful вишива́нка ( vyshyvanka ) embroidery . In a modern twist, traditional-style Ukrainian pottery is being sold as NFTs (non-fungible tokens) in exchange for cryptocurrency. The Ukrainian languageWith some of the most skilled software developers in the world , Ukraine has also attracted tech industry giants such as Apple, Microsoft, Skype, and Oracle. These and many other Fortune 500 companies have established research and development facilities in Ukraine. World leaders take note: when crafting a truly inspiring speech, nothing focuses the mind like a Russian missile with your name on it. This wisdom comes courtesy of a new book of speeches by Volodymyr Zelensky, the Churchill-in-a-teeshirt whose finest hour seems never-ending. An excellent read, which I highly recommend. There is a lot of power behind each word spoken by Zelensky, and that is his ability to connect with people and his unflinching honesty. He pulls events from the past and tells the readers how they are relevant today. He has a brilliant way of connecting themes and criticizing the corruption in our world. He strives to give each person a voice, and reading this, I could tell how much he loved Ukraine and what this country represented. He cared deeply for his people, and he brought to their attention several things that needed to be changed. These speeches paint a picture that shows the complexities of war and the people who lose themselves and others along the way.

A Message from Ukraine (Audio Download): Volodymyr Zelensky A Message from Ukraine (Audio Download): Volodymyr Zelensky

And yet in the end I yield to the words of the man who was once the voice of Paddington Bear and who is now the tribune of freedom. John Adams once said that the American nation was talked into being. Zelenskiy is the voice of Ukraine and, as he might say himself, our voice too. And if you do have the words to support the people in Ukraine with messages of hope, peace and solidarity, we are building a global message board with messages from all around the world, in every language. Contribute now by completing this questionnaire. Bringing together a new introduction by Volodymyr Zelensky with his most powerful war speeches, this book recounts Ukraine's story through the words of its president.Within the last century, Ukraine has endured Soviet rule, including the atrocity of the Holodomor . The Ukrainian dissident movement embodied some of the people’s struggles. PS - for those interested, here are links to the text and video of one of my favourite speeches that zelensky has given. Spoken by 45 million people worldwide, Ukrainian is a melodic language. It’s full of subtle shades of meaning, lending itself well to poetry and prose.

A Message from Ukraine - Penguin Random House

i had the humbling opportunity to volunteer in ukraine for three months last summer, doing humanitarian aide and helping out the war effort. it was one of the most difficult, yet rewarding, experiences of my entire life. and this little book does a great job at describing so much of what i love about the ukrainian people. It is the story of a nation valiantly defending itself from Russian aggression. And it is the story of a people leading the world in the struggle for democracy. Ukraine’s Ministry of Digital Transformation works to facilitate bureaucratic processes through technology, which supports its entrepreneurs in their international business dealings. Ukraine is the first country in the world to legalize digital passports , making business travel easier. Ukraine also legalized the use of cryptocurrencies , providing a framework of law for virtual asset transactions in its tax code. These types of innovations have positioned Ukraine as a leader in both technology and business. Stand with Ukraine I f you know anybody that may benefit from this list, please share it with them. Knowing just a tiny part of their language can help those displaced feel less frustrated and isolated, and enable them to ask for basic needs and information.If you want to understand who we are, where we are from, what we want and where we are going, you need to learn more about who we are. This book will help you do just that.' President Volodymyr Zelensky On special occasions, Ukrainians enjoy feasts of traditional foods such as борщ (borshch , beet soup) and го́лубці ( hólubci , stuffed cabbage rolls) . Singing and music are an integral part of Ukrainian cultural expression, with traditional instruments , stylings, and vocal techniques sometimes finding their way into contemporary artists’ work. The country’s strong folk music culture is still vibrant. It plays side-by-side on the airwaves with heavy metal, jazz, reggae, and punk, all featuring lyrics in Ukrainian. Modern Ukrainian literature and Ukrainian cinema depict life in different eras and regions of the country. These are the quotable soundbites, of course, from speeches intended to be heard in their entirety. How many end up being truly memorable, only history will decide. i went to ukraine thinking i would help out people who are in need. but, in reality, they were the ones who actually helped me by showing me what it truly means to fight for freedom and to never give up hope. He says because we can’t. Because Russia has Nuclear weapons, we can’t go to war with them. What are they supposed to do if nukes come into the picture, he asks? I have no argument against this. He is right, we can’t go to war Russia. The war must remain…. Cold.

Ukraine news | CNN February 25, 2022 Russia-Ukraine news | CNN

The sense of moral purpose increases as the speeches unfold because the underlying strategic objective changes. When he speaks to the Ukrainian parliament in May 2019, Zelenskiy’s aim is to finish the war through dialogue. By the time of his Independence Day speech in August 2022, the ambition is greater: victory rather than peace. I’ve probably read as much about this conflict and Russian and Ukrainian history as any regular person in the States and felt like nothing in this work was repetitive. It’s essential reading. Philip Collins was a speechwriter for Tony Blair and is the founder and writer-in-chief of the speechwriting company the Draft ( thedraftwriters.com) The book has a beautiful preface by Arkady Ostrovsky, in which he talks about the 'We're here' speech, about his experience while meeting Zelensky, and offers his thoughts on the war and the current situation. And needless to say, it is longer than any Zelensky speech in the book 😊 But it is a beautiful, insightful preface. The book also has a beautiful introduction by the man himself, President Zelensky. so for this year, i wish ukraine a swift victory and many more years of freedom to come. слава україні! 💙💛An insider’s account of the rampant misconduct within the Trump administration, including the tumult surrounding the insurrection of Jan. 6, 2021.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment