276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Orient Men's '2nd Gen. Bambino Ver. 2' Japanese Automatic Stainless Steel and Leather Dress Watch

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Versions 1 through 3 watches of both generations look the same, only the internals are different. Versions 4 and 5 do not have a 1 st Generation counterpart. You can tell a Generation 1 watch from a Generation 2 watch by the writing on the dial. Generation 1 watches say “Water Resist” while Gen 2 watches spell out “Water Resistance.” The Bambino Small Seconds removes the large water resistant text and just has the Orient logo on the front. A mainstay of the classic dress watch world, the Tissot Visodate features a very similar approach to classic aesthetics as the Orient Bambino. The main differences are in the indices and the case shape. Specifically the case features slightly more prominent lugs, which will provide a larger wearing experience if you feel the Orient Bambino’s case dimensions may be too small. The other aspect worth noting is that the Bambino price is difficult to compete with, so the only really viable Visodate that could compete is the quartz version. Seiko Recraft

Orient Bambino: The Perfect Affordable Dress Watch? Orient Bambino: The Perfect Affordable Dress Watch?

The domed crystal is mineral. It’s scratch resistant, but not scratch proof. Its shape makes it a target, too- you don’t realize the difference the extra few millimeters makes when getting into vehicles, reaching into drawers, and on. The Bambino V5 ref. RA-AC0003S is made of plain stainless steel and demands roughly 160 USD. Gold-plated editions like the RA-AC0001S sell for slightly more at around 220 USD. Versions 1, 3, and 4: Less Is More Orient Bambino Open Heart – White dial – Stainless Steel Case RA-AG0002S10A Orient Bambino Open Heart – Blue dial – Stainless Steel Case – RA-AG0005L10A Where a lot of movements in this price range incorporate plastic parts, the 48743 is all metal. It’s widely known to be a tough, reliable movement. There are mixed feelings regarding accuracy, with the general consensus being that it’s not necessarily as accurate as it is consistent. The first is a great entry level mechanical watch for a growing watch collection. It’s not necessarily a luxury watch, but it’s a timepiece that can scratch that itch as you start to discover what kind of watch enthusiast you’d like to be. It provides a little taste of Horology. If you break it or don’t like it after purchasing, it’s not a big deal at that price point. You will probably move on to something else anyway.The date window is just ok. There is nothing significant about it. Color matching the date wheel to the dial would look spectacular but will never happen. With mechanical watches in this price point, it’s all about economies of scale with components to keep the cost down. In-House Automatic Movement But truthfully, this is a dress watch and not a watch built for rugged functionality – you should not be subjecting to the elements. With it’s water resistance rating, you should be fine with hand washing and possibly getting caught in the rain. But under no circumstances should you submerge it. A Variety Of Dial Options With Some Legibility Issues The only other Orient watch I have reviewed to date is the Leo FET0L002D0. On the Leo I noted that the watch case and dial both seemed well built, but the strap didn’t convey a real quality feel (and it was awkwardly shaped at the lugs). The Bambino doesn’t suffer from similar problems, and is built as good as it looks. Crystal, Case, & Dial F6724 family of calibers . Unlike the previous caliber, the 48743, these new movements come with a stop-seconds mechanism and a manual winding option. If you're interested in a Bambino, second-generation models are the way to go. Versions 2 and 5: Bambino Watches with Numerals Orient is rated very good when it comes to watch manufacturing. It is a subsidiary of Seiko, another Japanese watch manufacturer. Orient sells higher-priced watches than the Bambino, so they have an incentive to maintain good quality as those buyers expect it. Where to Buy the Orient Bambino

Orient Bambino | Chrono24.ph Orient Bambino | Chrono24.ph

Bambino collection, which is home to a wide range of affordable, classically elegant dress watches. The other scenario that many of us can relate to is going on job interviews. I remember being a recent graduate and being stressed on what to wear and how to present myself as I went on job interviews. At a traditional face-to-face interview, you will often find yourself sitting across from the interviewer with your hands (and a watch) on a table. One compliment about the Bambino is that it is neither too big nor too small, making it fit a lot of wrists. This characteristic makes it a great starter watch for beginners who haven’t nailed down the exact size of watch they want on their wrist. You are almost guaranteed that no matter your wrist size, this will look good on you. Orient Bambino Strap Sizing & Lug Width Orient missed it with the rest of the dial though. The issues all stem from the same overall problem that’s actually present on many of the Bambino models: the dial difficult to read. The dial, mineral crystal, hands, and indices are all so reflective that it really brings the legibility down. Orient's naming system for the Bambino series is wonderfully simple. It starts with Version 1 and ends with Version 5. You'll also come across plenty of individual editions with "Generation 2" in their names. This designation is exclusive to models produced after 2018 and powered by the entirely reworkedThe dial features an open heart window, which allows you to see into the beating automatic movement The crown could be a little larger. It’s only 5.3mm. The small size made it difficult to manipulate. What’s also interesting to note here is that water resistance can vary from model to model across the Bambino line. While this particular model that I’m reviewing has a water resistance rating of 30 meters, other models can feature up to 50 meters. The rose gold case will wear well. It’s had many hours on my wrist and looks as good as the day I got it. I also quite like the level of polish- it reflects light without showing every fine scratch and mark on it. This watch gets the details right. You can see that a lot of time was put into the small pieces, like the knurled inwardly domed cauldron-shaped crown or the rose gold crest that matches the hands and markers (but contrasts with the yellow gold branding). Even the slope of the lugs matches that of the domed crystal.

Orient Bambino | Orient Watch USA Orient Bambino | Orient Watch USA

The Orient Bambino got the case shape right. Specs aside, I asked friends and coworkers to try one. Every one of them thought that the watch was sized right and was very comfortable. I agree. Designing a watch case that feels great on a wide variety of wrist shapes and sizes is not easy. A smaller case with antique-style leaf hands and embellished Arabic numerals to create stronger legibility and a more elegant presentation Orient Bambino Gen 2 Version 3 – Blue dial with stainless steel case – Model number FAC0000DD0 Orient Bambino Gen 2 Version 3 – White Dial – Gold Case – FAC0000BW0 mm strap size of the Orient Bambino Versions 1-3 and Small Seconds is not that common, narrowing down your watch band options. The Version 4 has a more common 22-mm strap size.Each version has distinct dial styles, but all keep the same clean, simple look of a dress watch. Below are examples of the different versions (we’ve only put two of each example below, but you can find all the models with links at the bottom of this post). Clean and modern – many right angles and no curves to create a strong and contemporary presentation

Orient Watches UK Official Website | Japanese Quality Watches

Orient has done a good job with the rose gold case, hands, and markers. It looks classically reserved, and I like that Orient has kept the case diameter at 40mm. I’m just reading this great review on 8/3/2030. I have a 60th anniversary Orient that’s visually very similar to a Bambino. I like it. But I agree that Orient is not a watch I’d hold onto my for my son to keep as an heirloom. It’s a nice, but still budget-minded mechanical watch. Another attractive feature of these timepieces is their movements. Orient exclusively outfits Bambino watches with robust and precise Orient Bambino Version 5 – White dial – Stainless Steel Case RA-AC0003S10A Orient Bambino Version 5 – White dial – Rose Gold Case – RA-AC0001S10AThere isn’t much middle ground on the Orient Bambino – people either love it or they hate it. I was very eager to see for myself what side of that love/hate fence I would land on after spending time with one from the iconic Japanese brand. So for this watch review I spent hands-on time with the Bambino V3 with the blue dial. Comfortable 40.5mm Stainless Steel Case

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment