276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Sleep Book: How to Sleep Well Every Night

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Dr Guy's pioneering methods at The Sleep School clinic have been an unprecedented success. By popular demand, his highly effective and 100% natural insomnia remedy is now here in this book. THE SLEEP BOOK is the sum of a doctorate degree in sleep and well over 12,000 hours spent working with more than 2,000 insomniacs in one-to-one clinics, workshops and retreat environments.

This felt like a useful and kind, gentle approach and idea for me. So I investigated and have very much bought into mindfulness as a concept. Using a blend of mindfulness and new ACT therapy techniques, Dr Guy shares his unique five-week plan to cure your sleep problem whether it's a few restless nights or a lifetime of insomnia. Most people who have trouble sleeping invest a huge amount of time, effort and money into fixing the problem, but Dr Guy has discovered the secret lies not in what you do, but what you learn not to do. In fact, as you will have discovered, the more frustrated you become only serves to push sleep further away.The concept the book teaches is simple, though it takes a lot of hard work to put into practice. The repetition of the concepts may jar with some, I personally find that when learning a new skill, repetition is important in cementing habits. Also, if you are not sleeping it is very likely you are having memory issues and, believe me, you need to be told repeatedly so that the information sinks in enough to be helpful to you. So, you made peace with worrisome feelings and uncomfortable sensations and maybe still not able to sleep. What’s a matter? One of the major sleep challenges is this idea, that you need to get to sleep, that you need to achieve sleep, and this thought keeps you awake! Normal sleepers do nothing to fall asleep, they don’t consider sleep as a problem to solve. You have probably heard the advice to just rest, to not worry about sleep, so sleep will come. The problem is normal sleepers don’t worry about sleep because they don’t even know that it is possible not sleep all night, or to wake up frequently. Unlike them, you do know that these things are possible. If you try to pretend that you don’t care about sleep, you are still doing a mental job. It’s a trap. If you try to do something, you activate your brain. If you try to calm yourself and make yourself not care, you activate your brain. How do you get out of this trap mindfully? Similar with rapidly beating heart, you need to objectively describe what’s going on in your head and allow these thoughts/feelings to be. Visualizations work best for me. I imagine this ‘desire to be asleep’ as an entity in my head, I give it a shape (usually a cloud), I give it a color, and I see it in my head. I see how it is trying to put me to sleep. Sometime it sits in the center of my head, sometimes it presses on my forehead, trying to achieve sleep. I know that I do have this desire to fall asleep, I accept its presence and I allow it to be. And that is really all you need to do, separate yourself from this struggle. Unlike normal sleepers, you do have the knowledge that it is possible not to sleep. This knowledge will stay with you for the rest of your life. But insomnia does not have to. As long you are able to detach from your worries, compartmentalize them, they don’t have to stand in the way of your sleep. First off, much of what you read in the papers and see on TV about sleep is nonsense. The admonitions to get 8 hours - rubbish and not applicable to lots of people. The advice to get up if you have not slept for 15 minutes - also nonsense, (unless you are exceptionally stressed). This book (and the app which has developed from it) has helped me to heal from a very frightening and extended episode of insomnia.

Ocr tesseract 5.1.0-1-ge935 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.9773 Ocr_module_version 0.0.16 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-NS-0001215 Openlibrary_edition A great short article that summarises the ACT approach and that of this book can be found if you google "When Your Anxiety ACTS up" by the Coastal Center If any of this is true, it is likely that there is nothing wrong with you physiologically, it’s all in your head. While reading this subreddit, you may notice other signs, that for many people it’s all about mindset, not physiology. So what can you do? In short I found the book life-changing. Amongst numerous other lifestyle changes in an ongoing project of self-help and improvement, including cultivating a solid mindfulness meditation practice, I have managed to cure my insomnia to the point that I no longer dread going to bed. Before we proceed, let’s clear one thing out of the way. Is there something wrong with you and do you need medication to treat insomnia? Sometimes, insomnia can be caused by some underlying medical issues, such as chronic pain or issues with circadian rhythm. In that case the underlying condition should be treated first. If you don’t have any obvious medical conditions, chances are, your insomnia is caused by psychological factors, not medical.

11. Stay in bed

Einschlafrituale, Beruhigungstees, Schlaftabletten, etc. pp.). Je mehr man solche Verfahren einsetzt, While CBT teaches you to investigate your thoughts, Guy Meadows' approach is instead to practise accepting them and accepting your experience of sleep, whatever that may be for you. This is not easy, but the book gives you skills to practise during the day which will support you at bedtime and throughout the night - teaching you to be mindful throughout your day and helping you to stop struggling with your sleep (which compounds insomnia). This book also mentions recent research which has overturned a lot of sleep advice you have probably been given over the years, such as 'get up and read/do something useful if you can't sleep'. It has now been several weeks of success. I haven’t take a sleeping pill since the day before I started to read this book and have slept well (almost) every night. I can even nap during the day! THE SLEEP BOOK is the sum of a doctorate degree in sleep and well over 12,000 hours spent working with more than 2,000 insomniacs in one-to-one clinics, workshops and retreat environments. The Sleep School Approach teaches insomniacs that relinquishing the need to control sleep or by trying to avoid uncomfortable sensations that occur in the middle of the night by getting out of bed and 'doing' other things only strengthens insomnia and prolongs its vicious cycle. No more expensive cherry melatonin precursors, no more anxiety about half a glass of wine or computer work past the evening deadline, no more dread of the bed, no more valerian tea, thank God. (Valerian apparently is the most attractive substance in the world to slime moulds, which crawl after it. You really can tell by the smell.)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment