276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Domke 700-52A F-5XB Shoulder and Belt RuggedWear Bag-BROWN

£47.5£95.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While the two bags aren’t exactly similar, I will say that the F-803 is the clear winner here for me as far as a small bag for a mirrorless system. This is not surprising when you consider the fact that I’ve owned and used an F-803 for the better part of two decades now. While the F-5XB was handier than I thought it would be, I can’t say that it fits my needs as well and I find its design in need of some updating. That said, it is a quite popular bag and I’m likely to hear about how wrong I am in the comments. So, read both sets of opinions and come to your own conclusion based on what your requirements are. F-803 This is a negative point I’m afraid, but not a deal-breaker. The velcro on the main lid of the bag should have been twice the height that it is because unless the bag is stuffed full, the two pieces of velcro can miss each-other completely and be useless at holding the bag shut. This is a problem because Domke users tend to only fasten the metal clamps when in transit but rely on the velcro while working out of the bag. There’s something about denim that says comfort with style. And the Domke F-5XB and original F-2 shoulder bags have been favorites of photographers since their introduction. Put this all together and you have a combination of Denim Domke that is bound to make you smile. Available now—and of course made in the US of A.

Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body. With the foam insert removed, the F-6's main compartment is basically box-shaped. The base is lightly padded, but I usually add a little extra foam padding just in case of accidents. The Domke F-5XB bag has long been my personal favorite for casual shooting excursions. It holds “just enough” and is on the small side, so it never gets in my way. It’s also the perfect car bag, with the strap looped over the headrest on the (empty) passenger seat. Usually I carry or wear the camera on my body and use the Domke F-5XB to tote three or four lenses or a couple lenses and a compact point-and-shoot like my Fujifilm X-100F. While the clip-to-close design isn't entirely secure, it has the advantage of allowing very easy access to the main compartment without needing to put the bag down. Short photgraphy sessions: It works great for outtings where you know you won’t need access to more than 2 lens, a flash, or tripod. If you are doing a large photoshoot, you probably already have a larger bag for that. This is for a walk through Central Park or taking portraits for a friend’s wedding. Or, food pictures during lunch or dinner.

Subscribe

RuggedWear’ classic shoulder bags feature a high-quality, weather-resistant, cotton canvas material. This durable cotton is treated with environmentally friendly waxes which are non-solvent based. Fabrics can breathe while the finish produces a timeless, weathered or distressed look. Bags can be revitalised with an included refinishing wax and will last for many years to come. The largest original F-2 model is capable of transporting 2-3 bodies together with 4-6 lenses depending on configuration, which is ample for any level of photographer. Are Domke Bags Durable? Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements andoptically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect theimagery. How could I carry a digital SLR, an extra lens, a notepad, pen, and some misc accessories? I’d like a bag that was small as possible, classy in its looks, does not draw attention, and would not look out of place both in the city and in a Michelin-starred restaurant. Weather-resistant RuggedWear canvas Street tough hardware Padded divider Protective weather flap on the front Zipper and touch fastener closure

Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens. One other slight annoyance is that the ring to attach the main clasp at the front of the bag seems to be under the bag rather than on the front. The clasps themselves tend to get a bad right-up, but I don’t find them to be a problem and I can easily undo the one on my F-3x one-handed while the bag is on my shoulder. I wasn’t keen on the setup of the F-3x main compartment as it had very little protection for my gear. Two very thin canvas loops (designed for lenses and a single piece of padding to keep two bodies apart is just not enough (for me at least). Smaller lenses can get under those bottomless canvas loops and go on a tour of the bag, visiting the rest of the gear inside with nasty results. So in my review, I used two different inserts. The Billingham Hadley Small is narrow, doesn’t really utilise the space of the F-3x that well, but is a good insert for the bag and provides a great amount of protection for the equipment inside. The Koolertron (seen in my review), although a great insert with good protection, didn’t really make use of the amount of space it took up, which was all of the main compartment. It also made the F-3x very boxy due to its tight fit and is the full height of the bag. Domke dividers didn’t give me the sizes I was looking for. The clips are easy to undo by feel, meaning you don't need to take your eyes off the action to reach down and pull out a camera.Thanks for the review Barney. I've had my F6 for 5 years. I love it, although there's a time and a place for it.

Zippered, padded main compartment lined with touch fastener compatible material and removable padded divider. Ideal For: Cameras, lenses, cell phone, MP3 player and accessories. Great for business and travel necessities. The strong velcro on the flap is the most common 'dislike' mentioned by photographers about the F-5XB, and I’d have to agree. The amount of velcro is overkill for the size and use of the flap.Classy gatherings where you need to be discrete: If you’re covering a sports event, people almost expect you to have the AP vest and lens holster. But when you’re at a nice function, you want to be as discrete as possible. Would love to see it come with just one divider tab for the main compartment. Also some more color choices (muted orange, navy, charcoal, etc) would really be nice. Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy. It’s denim-color nylon, not cotton denim. Nylon is much more scratch and soil resistant, so we welcome that. The size, shape and high quality tailoring of the new limited-edition denim bags match their canvas counterparts, and the retail prices are comparable. Ever since I coined the phrase, “I’ve been taking pictures so long that I’ve nearly worn out my first Domke bag,” people ask me to name my favorite Domke overall. Although I use the F-5XB often (including the leather-trimmed Fujifilm version I received as a gift at a Fujifilm press event), and the Domke F-2 Original is indispensible when I need to lug a ton of gear, neither is my honest-to-goodness everyday favorite model.

Other robust features include an adjustable non-slip grip, cotton webbing strap, bottom stiffener which is removable and provides extra padding. The removable hand carrying strap provides versatility with carrying options and YKK zippers and steel snap hooks finish off classic designs. I've already mentioned the included removable hand-strap - I don't find it particularly useful, but as a keen cyclist, I wish the F-6 was compatible with a waist strap. When I'm riding my bike the F-6 flops around like mad. A waist strap would help keep it secure. It would also make me look a little bit like a bicycle messenger from the 1940s, and a little bit less like a man about to have a bicycle accident. The final word Two dividers are included and realistically, I’m not sure you need more in a bag this size. Access is via a velcro flap cover with an additional zipper that can be closed or left open. The zipper is big and easy to use with quality YKK teeth/pulls. Honestly, I rarely use the zipper –only when I’m not going to be using the camera for a bit and want an added measure of protection against anything falling out. Domke is among the most famous names in the pantheon of camera bag makers, and for good reason. The company makes some of the toughest and most practical bags on the market. Traditionally aimed at photojournalists, Domke's bags are usually tough, somewhat on the heavy side, very accessible, and capable of accommodating a surprising amount of gear. I've been using an F-6 for about three years now, and it's accompanied me on trips all over the world. This is my long-term test. Key Features:

Specifications

Then I went travelling with 2x Sony A6000s and associated lenses, and suddenly appreciated this bag for what it is: flexible, customisable, well thought-out and hard-wearing. It gave me a new appreciation for the simple, rugged design.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment