276°
Posted 20 hours ago

11.22.63: Stephen King

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b c d e f g h Alter, Alexandra (October 28, 2011). "Stephen King's New Monster". The Wall Street Journal.

No, because every time you go through the portal, history resets itself like you were never there the first time.”

11/22/63

I can tell you one more thing: there was something inside that fallen chimney at the Kitchener Ironworks. I don’t know what and I don’t want to know, but at the mouth of the thing I saw a heap of gnawed bones and a tiny chewed collar with a bell on it. A collar that had surely belonged to some child’s beloved kitten. And from inside the pipe—deep in that oversized bore—something moved and shuffled. As the date of the Kennedy assassination approaches, Jake gambles on a boxing match and wins, gaining the attention of local businessman Akiva Roth, who goes to Jake's house in Dallas with two associates and has them beat Jake nearly to death. As a result, Jake loses his memories of Lee Harvey Oswald and spends weeks in the hospital and in a rehabilitation center. After remembering Al's notebook, he retrieves it and forms a plan to kill Oswald in the Texas School Book Depository on the day of the assassination. He writes a letter to Sadie asking her not to try to find him for her safety. Sadie nevertheless finds him in Fort Worth and the two of them attempt to make it to Dallas in time. Along the way, they experience a bus accident and two car accidents, which Jake explains as the past trying to stop them. They arrive at the Depository just in time and Jake successfully prevents Oswald from shooting Kennedy. Secret Service members shoot Oswald dead, but not before Oswald shoots Sadie in the process; she dies in Jake's arms. Siempre me ha gustado todo lo relacionado con el magnicidio de JFK, pero la premisa de los viajes al pasado no me fascinaba al principio y tenía ciertas reticencias.

The idea of time travel is also dealt with. What happens if time is changed? What would that do to the world? Would a good intention to change the past bring about the changes we want? These are the questions explored in this book. Reading the essay is a watershed moment for Jake, his life—like Harry’s, like America’s in 1963—turning on a dime. Not much later his friend Al, who owns the local diner, divulges a secret: his storeroom is a portal to the past, a particular day in 1958. And Al enlists Jake to take over the mission that has become his obsession—to prevent the Kennedy assassination.

Images

Grossman, Lev (November 2, 2011). "Book Review: Lev Grossman on Stephen King's 11/22/63". Time . Retrieved November 13, 2011. is certainly a step in the right direction. Although only a few episodes have been broadcast across the pond and with UK episodes arriving on the 10th of April, it’s already clear that this King adaptation is a cut above the poorer adaptations of the author’s work that for decades have plagued the smaller screen. Yep. I thought I’d hang out by the grassy knoll, take a few pictures of the fence during the shooting and hopefully put this conspiracy bullshit to bed once and for all.” Stephen King Plots To Save JFK In '11/22/63' ". NPR. November 13, 2011 . Retrieved November 14, 2011. I would have loved to have heard the conversations between Stephen King, his wife and their son, Author Joe Hill. His wife still stands with the theories that Oswald didn't act alone, and Joe Hill thought of another way to end the book.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment