276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Plantation - XO Barbados 20th Anniversary Rum 70cl, 40% ABV

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A bittersweet opening, mid-palate reveals molasses cookie, pineapple, ginger, and vanilla. Becomes a reasonably-rounded rum with soft chocolate and vanilla on the finish. Summary

Plantation XO Barbados 20th Anniversary Rum | House of Malt

Plantation Single Cask rums are limited releases of double-aged Haute Couturerums. All Plantation rums mature in a two-stage ageing process, beginning in the tropics where they age in bourbon casks, and then at the Château de Bonbonnet in France to mature in Ferrand barrels. Plantation Single Cask rums then benefit from further maturation in carefully selected beer, wine or spirit casks, each selected to enhance the rum's unique characteristics. Every Single Cask rum takes its own ageing path to greatness, and each bottle is personalized and numbered. Only a few barrels of these unique reserve rums are bottled annually, making them a prize for collectors. the TERROIRS OF RUM It is presented in a squat Scotch-style bottle with a bright and colourful label depicting tropical flowers, birds, and lizards and boldly marked “Isle of Fiji.” On The NosePodle mě neurazí ani náročnější uživatele a můžete ho s klidem v duši nabídnout i těm, kterým dosud rumy nic neříkaly. Ne náhodou je také velmi vysoko i v našem velkém srovnání rumů. Cpt Morgan and Bacardi have a place in the market, like the college crowd who should go through the drinking of poor quality booze when they’re young. But brands like Zacapa don’t deserve to be among the premium rums. We don’t see sweetened and fake age statement American and Scotch whisky after all. Alexander likes to talk about how they age sugar syrup in used barrels in Cognac. While I agree this can elevate the quality of sugar, I still don’t like drinking sweetened rum. So it could be both? I assume they also sweeten their Cognac (it’s legal) if they sweeten their rum. That sweetening should also linger in the ex-Cognac barrels. Thanks for commenting. Cognac actually allows dosing. The big boys dose their Cognac to maintain consistency. I don’t know if Ferrand doses their Cognac. Because I’ve only had a few of their Cognacs but I’m more likely to assume they do. Alexander likes to talk about how they age their sugar syrup in barrels to, the way I see it, elevate dosage.

Plantation XO 20th Anniversary: recenzia, skúsenosti, cena Plantation XO 20th Anniversary: recenzia, skúsenosti, cena

Always the alchemist, Plantation has created a “dark” rum by blending their 10-15 year aged Jamaican rum together with 1-3 year aged Barbadian twin column and pot still rum.This is my opinion alone… and probably the opinion of many other rum geeks. This is too sweet. This “rum” tastes more like a coconut chocolate flavored liqueur. Drinkers with a sweet tooth may give this a high score but this is really not for me. design láhve a krabice je skutečně povedený – Plantation XO 20th Anniversary je vhodný jako krásný dárek

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment