276°
Posted 20 hours ago

European 16A Mains Hook Up Adaptor Lead Plug Coupler Caravan Camping Site

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

All applications are assessed individually by Klarna and decisions are based on individual circumstances. We always carry a French / German adaptor cable as the type used on a site (or aire) is totally unpredictable. The cheap socket testers don't indicate whether or not the earth is adequate,they just tell if there is an earth present which could be thousands of Ohms.

p>Halfords Autocentres Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 755309) and acts as a credit intermediary and not a lender, offering credit products provided by a limited number of finance providers, including Payment Assist. The protruding earth pin means that the plug can only be inserted one way around, just like UK plugs. As you quoted me you should have left on the part I was pointing out, we don't have the earth pin and hole in the plug in Spain, so a Spanish plug doesn't fit French sockets, and yes you are right about top and bottom contacts for earth, I just googled French electric socket and that's the photo that came up. As for EHU, either way, you'll need that one in your link, (or similar, of course) which will cover all UK, and the vast majority of France.However the challenge may be in older buildings, where only traditional Italian sockets are provided. Halfords Autocentres Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 755309) and acts as a credit intermediary and not a lender, offering credit products provided by a limited number of finance providers, including Klarna Bank AB (publ)]. However some rural sites/aires everywhere can use the domestic socket of whatever country you are in.

This Maypole continental plug to 16A socket mains hook up adaptor is a simple 2 pin plug to 16A Ceeform Socket.

It's a matter of moments to carry out this check and whilst I understand the arguments which say it's not necessary, it certainly does no harm. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item. I also take a half standard length EHU cable, which is nicer to use and put away than the long one, when you don't need so much length. It matters if you are connecting any electrical appliance as if it has an on/off switch then that only breaks one wire line.

For more technical information, the Digital Museum of Plugs and Sockets provides a fascinating resource.

Also remember that a 6amp connection won't stand high power appliances so look at the wattage or Kw rating of what you are taking and divide that by 220v so a 2000w kettle will draw 9. A continental 230v mains hook up adaptor is essential if you are going to Europe in a caravan, campervan or motorhome or simply camping in a tent and you want to have the facility to have 230v mains electric. I've read a lot of posts from experts arguing on here and it appears to come down to not changing a light bulb while hooked up. Many a time on sites particularly in Spain I've found the electric hook up sockets are quite sparsely.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment