276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Stitched in Time: Memory-keeping Projects to Sew and Share from the Creator of Posie Gets Cozy

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are enough suspects to keep the reader intrigued in what turns out to be a possible serial killer mystery. Did I mention Thorne Manor was located on an English moor? Where else can a haunted house-time travel-romance-mystery be located other than on a wild English moor with its bogs and winding paths? Of course you can’t really have a moor unless there are missing young girls, right? Or the scary guy with the sharp spade. The expression ‘a stitch in time saves nine’ means taking immediate action on a task prevents the need for more work later. The original use of ‘ stitch in time’involves the prompt sewing of small holes or tears in a garment, saving the need to do more stitching at a later date. Example Usage A time travel ending that I actually like! Lol, I’m notoriously bitchy about how these stories usually end, but this was a good resolution. Cas: Absolutely. And I’ve thrived within that teaching and learning environment because the teacher learns by observation, body language. That doesn’t mean I’m out there spying on people, but that’s what I actually miss about being in place. My mom told me that a stitch in time saves nine. I have no idea what she’s talking about. Why do old people always use these old-school sayings?”

The mystery was well done. I did not guess it early even though for a while I was sure I knew who it was. A Stitch in Time represents Wisdom's most commercially successful title. [3] It was among the ten most popular films of the year at the British box office in 1964. [4] Cas: Well, that woven paper cloth, when shifu is made, it’s washed up to ten times before it’s sold, after it’s woven paper. I mean, if we consider the relationship between wool or cotton to make clothing and paper, essentially what they’ve done is actually just added another process. More than one ghost inhabits Thorne Manor and not all are friendly. When a mysterious disappearance becomes the village legend with William as the villain, Bronwyn starts to listen closer to the ghosts that continue to vie for her attention.

Scrabble Tools

Next, I am all for a storybook romance, but I am a grown ass woman and I can't love a relationship that doesn't have any realness to it. I've read some of Armstrong's other books and she doesn't seem to be able to write about relationships in a way that brings any genuine substance to them. They are just all amazing sex and literally female characters talking about their knees falling out from under them because the man is so amazing. Really??!! I mean if this book was for young teens, then, okay. But then there would be way too much sex for that audience. Bronwyn is understandably desperate to clear his name of the murders he’s accused of, but the more she learns, the more she begins to question everything she knows about the boy she fell in love with. A Stitch in Time is the first book of the series. It is a gothic romance set in the Thorne Manor house in present day and a time 200 years ago. There are murders to be solved and ghosts whose motivations are not quite known. It isn't often a time travel book works for me, but in this context it really does. The mystery, the romance and even the time shifting add to the entire experience. Armstrong said it was a story she longed to write, and I cannot thank her enough. This was hands down one of my favorite reads of the year.

Fuller, who recorded a large number of the early proverbs in the language, wrote an explanatory preamble to this one: Kelley Armstrong is my favorite author. But I really had no idea what to expect from this book. I don't really love historical romance. And I don't read a lot of time travel books. But this book was everything. There are ghosts. There is a mystery. There is romance. And there is time travel. And I loved it all. I loved how their reunion 23 years after they were estranged, was brought about by a wee kitten that tumbled from his time to hers. The kitten weaves a sweet thread through the whole story. There’s a delicious creepiness about this book that reminds me of how Kelley Armstrong’s the Darkest Powers trilogy got under my skin. Like Chloe Saunders from Darkest Powers, our protagonist Bronwyn Dale also has a gift for seeing ghosts.

Customer reviews

William Thorne is no longer the boy she remembers. He’s a difficult and tempestuous man, his own life marred by tragedy and a scandal that had him retreating to self-imposed exile in his beloved moors. He’s also none too pleased with Bronwyn for abandoning him all those years ago. In a A Stitch in Time (A Stitch in Time, #1) Kelley Armstrong has managed to write an old fashioned ghost story, mixed with time travel and a love story, seasoned with a haunted house mystery. Armstrong has a talent for making the paranormal, the frightening, and the unusual all seem normal. Or almost normal. Even though this book involves time travel, it felt like a contemporary read to me for the most part. I prefer contemporary vs fantasy. And somehow the author has written something that feels so real. This book was charming and captivating and I enjoyed it so much. Jonathan's Embroidery Digitizing Story I bought my 1st embroidery machine in late 1997 and started a home business in... This is nothing to do with rips in the fabric of the space-time continuum, as some have ingeniously suggested. The meaning of this proverb is often requested at the Phrase Finder Discussion Forum, so I'll be explicit. The question usually asked is "saves nine what"?

As far as is known, the first person to state unambiguously that 'a stitch in time saves nine', rather than Fuller's less confident 'may save nine', was the English astronomer Francis Baily, in his Journal, written in 1797 and published in 1856 by Augustus De Morgan: So I’ve always worked 40 years I spent working with partnerships and I felt that was very relevant. But also it was about that trust you have with those partners. So that now I’m working more online. I’m not doing anywhere near the level and amount of teaching I used to do before my partner had his stroke. But I’m doing enough that I can manage. And on the knowledge that I’m quite clear that he has to be my priority. And if I have to stop, we just catch up some other time. And people have been incredibly flexible and I think that’s what I gained from the pandemic that resilience and the ability to learn from not just the practical things. I’m a whole world away from where I was online, although I was pretty reasonably confident, but now but also being able to recognize that there are different ways for working. What is the stitched mouth doing? If silence equals death, the biting slogan of AIDS activists, then part of the work of resistance is to make visible the people who are being silenced. Carefully, carefully, the needle works through skin, self-inflicted damage announcing larger harm. ‘I think what I really fear about death is the silencing of my voice,’ Wojnarowicz says. ‘I feel this incredible pressure to leave something of myself behind.’And I’m often showing some of these new I mean, I’ll be showing some of the first responses to that at the Knitting and Stitching show in October with art textiles made in Britain. And so that’s the other piece about being adaptive, if you’re honest with your partners. I have been absolutely overwhelmed and surprised by the kindness of people. Yes, I have an exhibition in Scotland at the moment, which I cannot go to, but we have worked via Zoom. We’ve built a huge program, got funding for it to support the local community. Schools have responded, the cost, Scottish Potters responded. And whilst I would love to be there, the kindest thing that the organiser, Claire, had said about her involvement with me, she said, this wouldn’t have been possible without you and your involvement. I had a dream a few nights ago that I’m pretty sure was inspired by this book, and whenever that happens, my feelings about whatever—or whoever—I dreamed about amplify. The best way I can describe it is that I warm up to ideas, people, storylines that I might otherwise find commonplace, or good but not great. This might've happened with A Stitch in Time, but I also have to give credit to an intriguing premise, stellar execution, and a swoonworthy gothic romance; I devoured the entire novel in a day.

It might be me, but I was a bit confused on the rules for to-ing and fro-ing. I was mighty amused by Armstrong deciding to ignore some of the time travel “rules” such as the butterfly effect. Good for her, it’s not as if we actually know. The best part of this mystery is that I didn’t guess the twist. I thought I did, following Armstrong’s expertly laid false trail, and so at the end, when the “big reveal” happened, I was both surprised and elated. So a lot of times when I’m working on a commission, I ask people if they’re prepared to send me either photocopies or some pieces of cloth or material that they would like me to consider to be incorporated. But usually they give me an idea of the scale and the cost or maybe where they want to hang out. But I’m left to then work on it and I’ll send them an update. But I don’t do a pre designed drawing because it will never turn out that way, because as I’m working, I hear the voice of that person and the person they want to gift it to, or remember it, remember, come through, touch wood. I don’t think I’ve ever had anyone say, well, this isn’t what I expected to thrills. But I think that’s always a worry, isn’t it, when you’re working to commission? This wasn’t what I wanted. Cas: Okay, so stitching didn’t come naturally to me. I perhaps denied stitch in my life when I was a youngster, simply because I never saw it around me or thought it didn’t exist around me. It was only later that I discovered that my mother knitted. She gave me a cardigan for my 50th birthday and I said, oh, that’s really lovely. Where did you get that? And she said, I knitted it, which was a complete surprise to me. I had no prior knowledge of those activities taking place in my home. Very few are happy with Bronwyn. William, a mother cat, and some very active and maybe deadly ghosts all carry grudges. Bronwyn wants a future with William, but she realizes unless she solves the mysteries surrounding the ghosts, she is unlikely to have one.It’s a trope that I adore, and Armstrong’s also just damn good at rattling her readers and creating a sinister ambiance without relying on gore and action. Getting to experience that in this novel was great because I didn’t expect to get a little dash of paranormal horror alongside the time-travelling romance. William and Bronwyn had their share of flaws. William sulked at the beginning, but soon got over them. Bronwyn was a bit selfish, only wanting to go through the stitch when it was convenient for her. Lots of angst generated by separation misunderstandings and the heroine wildly speculating that everyone is potentially a murderer 😅

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment