276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vanity, Vengeance & A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Novel)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Admittedly, this is a blabbering concoction of discursively effective gibberish and hyperarticulation, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call us Anonymous. Some depictions of vanity include scrolls that read Omnia Vanitas ("All is Vanity”), a quotation from the Latin translation of the Biblical book of Ecclesiastes. [8] Although the term vanitas (Latin, "emptiness") originally meant not obsession by one's appearance, but the ultimate fruitlessness of humankind's efforts in this world, the phrase summarizes the complete preoccupation of the subject of the picture. We have Baron of Coxcroft. This guy is freaking creepy - he is seemingly courting Georgiana or maybe Anne. He is much too familiar with Lizzy and covets her horse (another crazy subplot). He is from Cornwall, apparently wealthy and rather crude, rude and socially unacceptable. But he is titled so the Darcy's seem to tolerate him, because Darcy has become a bit of a title whore.Anatoly's mystery marriage, finally solved, was...a let down. It was annoying and seemed like a desperate attempt by the author to keep her series going. One account of Tory incoherence comes in a new book by Ben Riley-Smith, the Daily Telegraph political journalist, now heading to Washington as its US editor. In The Right to Rule he describes the 13-year Conservative hegemony as, frankly, one damn thing after another. His interviewees tell him “that the Conservatives are not an ‘ideological party’ but a ‘power party’”. Now mostly everyone ends up in Derbyshire where Georgiana and Anne have callers. Foucauld tries to find the man who despoiled his sister; so he can kill him and attempting to get Peter away from the Bingleys. We have the Baron lurking about causing mayhem. And Ambrose Terwilliger is really duplicitous; while he pretends to be a penitent petitioner for a parsonage; he is a bit of a wild child hanging out is pubs, gambling and messing with bar maids. The story is told with a nod and a smile, extracting lines and situations from Pride and Prejudice and reimagining them in a slightly different context. Those who have never read or heard the original will not find themselves baffled, but those who have read or heard Pride and Prejudice will recognize the references and appreciate the additional layer of insider’s humor. One Nation Tories haven’t retired, either. In Jeremy Hunt, the Chancellor, they have a standard-bearer quietly trying to do sensible things in a tense economic situation: enticing investment from the US and minimising room for exaggeration in promises of pre-election tax cuts. One centrist in parliament told me he was fed up with politics but was going to stand at the next election because “people like me have to fight for the soul of this party. Because you know who gets it if we lose…”

The only solution to this problem is retaliation. A personal revenge that I have vowed to carry through with, which can I add is not for my own fulfilment, because the meaningfulness and truthfulness of my actions will one day become clear to the watchful and honest people. In his table of the seven deadly sins, Hieronymus Bosch depicts a bourgeois woman admiring herself in a mirror held up by a devil; behind her is an open jewelry box. A painting attributed to Nicolas Tournier, which hangs in the Ashmolean Museum, is An Allegory of Justice and Vanity: a young woman holds a balance, symbolizing justice; she does not look in a mirror or the skull on the table before her. Johannes Vermeer's painting Girl with a Pearl Earring is sometimes believed to depict the sin of vanity, because the young girl has adorned herself before a glass without further positive allegorical attributes. As portrayed in classic literature, Alexander Pushkin's Eugene Onegin. Illustrated by Elena Samokysh-Sudkovskaya. Along with the bizarre characterizations we also have some errors. Distances are described in kilometers. The UK didn't adopt the Metric system until 1965 and they still measure distances in miles in 2017. Characters speak of divorce; one incredibly minor character is described as divorced. Divorce in Regency England was incredibly rare " Divorce was a long, expensive process—and rarely used outside the aristocracy. Only a handful of cases came before Parliament each year as few could afford the cost." https://www.kristenkoster.com/a-regen... “Between 1670 and 1857, 379 Parliamentary divorces were requested and 324 were granted. Of those 379 requests, eight were by wives, and only four of those were granted.” (Wright, 2004) http://englishhistoryauthors.blogspot...

So I was watching one of my favourite films, V for Vendetta, and realised that I didn't fully understand what the speech at the beginning meant, so I translated it! /// Fellow readers, I KEEP SEEING THIS. I see successful, enjoyable authors think they can do better in self-publishing and then fail time and time and time again. To make my point about VVaWV:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment