276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bluetooth headset wireless headsetSDFDF-23

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Unusually, the product description says that the smaller head suits short to medium-length hair, while the larger head suits medium to long hairstyles– which doesn't sound very versatile if you are intending it to be solely for your own use. However, the larger head is useful for drying and styling off larger sections of hair, while the smaller one allows for more precise styling and adds bounce to smaller sections. There’s also a nice velvety drawstring bag to keep all the parts together, which is also good for travel. How well does the Hot Tools Volumiser Blow Dryer Brush perform? For afro curls and chemically relaxed hair, I sought some advice from Robert – who is an expert in textured hair and also won Afro Hairdresser of the Year 2019.

During our testing period, we used the Hot Tools Volumiser to style our hair for everyday events, for meetings and for two nights out. We spent half the time using the larger barrel to create big and bouncy finishes. The other half, we created more defined curls and added more subtle volume using the smaller barrel. Bristles: Most hair dryer brushes are made with either pin bristles or boar-type bristles, or a combination of both. Pin bristles do a good job at detangling hair, while boar bristles grip and smooth hair (though they can sometimes add too much tension, we found in Lab tests). If you're looking to smooth out frizz or make hair look super shiny, look for a dryer brush with boar-style bristles. If you're more focused on detangling, pin bristles are great. In expert evaluations, some testers liked bristles of varying lengths to grab every last hair. I’ll start by saying that this dryer is pretty loud. Okay, it’s obnoxiously loud. I’m disappointed to report that this tool was not something I could comfortably use while my toddler was taking a nap, which is generally the best time for me to prioritize any personal grooming efforts. Hot brushes are all the rage right now, but I had yet to find one that worked well on my long hair in a way that actually minimized my styling time and efforts. Ahead, you’ll find all the ways the Hot Tools 24K Gold One-Step Dryer Volumizer both impressed me and let me down. Editor’s Note: We reviewed this article on September 24, 2023. As per our editorial policy, we are constantly updating our content, to make sure it reflects the best of the best when it comes to beauty, wellness, and fashion. We want to assure our readers that we still stand by our recommendations, which we do.

The most success we had with the Hot Tools Volumiser was when we used it in conjunction with a standard hair dryer. In these instances, we used the normal dryer to blast the majority of water from the hair before using the Hot Tools Volumiser to add the finish touches.

With some texturing spray on semi-dry, detangled hair: this is the nirvana combo. I am evangelical about L’Oreal Tecni.Art Pli Styling Spray for soft, flexible volume. And I’m super impressed with the new The Hair Lab By Mark Hill Working Styling Spray for a little more oompf.

The Beauty Bio

I’ve always had hair on the longer side and my natural texture is wavy. I’m generally pretty lazy with my hair care, which is why I don’t apply heat to it regularly. Flat irons have always been my go-to to smooth out any kinks or pesky curls around my hairline, but otherwise, I’m not big on regularly applying much effort to my strands. On clean wet hair (that’s been brushed through with a Wet Brush): it’s quite time-consuming, much better to start on dry-ish hair.

After a walk outside in the drizzle: in a mere 30 seconds you can do a very brief once-over that will dry as well as de-frizz. There were some pros and cons to the design of the Hot Tools 24K Gold One-Step Dryer Volumizer. (I’m married to a product designer so I probably give user experience a little more thought than the average consumer.) I did think that the grip was a little big for my liking, but it surprisingly wasn’t obtrusive while using it. It was actually comfortable and very easy to use on my hair. The cool touch tip at the end of the brush is great for non-professionals who may not feel as confident to use this brush with one hand. Its 8-foot cord is also a comfortable length to keep you from hugging up against the wall with your nearest outlet. There is a downside to this smoothing function, however. We found that the Hot Tools created such a sleek finish that it reduced the amount of volume we could achieve. The Revlon may create a slightly more rough finish, but the volume is greater as a result.In this way, we still got the desired amount of volume and smoothness but we didn’t end up having limp hair by the end of the day. In fact, when used this way the Hot Tools Volumiser performed well enough to make us want to ditch our Revlon One Step for good which, if you know how much we love our Revlon styler, is high praise. Cord length: The length of cord you'll need depends on where you'll be styling and if there's an outlet nearby. For ultimate flexibility, look for a professional-length cord of at least eight feet. Less expensive models tend to have shorter cords, but that may limit your ability to style freely — you may not have an outlet near a mirror! The smaller brush measures 6.1cm x 3.8cm /2.4 inches x 1.5 inches, takes the total weight to 345g / 0.76 lb, and is more suited to shorter and thinner hair styles. That said, using the larger barrel on short hair creates even greater volume and a bouncy blow-dry finish, while using the smaller brush on longer hair can create more defined curls. So there is more versatility than first appears.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment