276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lexar Professional Multi-Card 25-in-1 USB 3.0 (500MB/s) Memory Card Reader - White

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Solvusoft is recognized by Microsoft as a leading Independent Software Vendor, achieving the highest level of competence and excellence in software development. Solvusoft's close relationship with Microsoft as a Silver Certified Partner enables us to provide best-in-class software solutions that are optimized for performance on Windows operating systems. Being a USB 3.0 reader, as long as you have a USB 3.0 port on your computer, you should be able to push any kind of memory to its limits. I have tested out a few fast cards, like the SanDisk Extreme Pro series cards with this reader, and I was able to get very close to the advertised speeds. Write speeds varied from 120-150 MB on my SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB CF cards and reading speed was averaging between 140-150 MB/sec, which is what you can expect to see, provided that you have fast enough cards and internal storage to support such speeds. Keep in mind that most regular hard drives cap at slower speeds, so if you want to see anything over 100 MB/sec, you should probably copy from / to SSD or faster Flash drives. Here is a screenshot of the copy process at 150 MB/sec towards the end of the 2 GB file: In the Dual Slot reader both cards can be accessed at the same time, although performance was slightly compromised when reading and/or writing two fast card simultaneously. In the best case the sum of concurrent transfers was just over 200MB/s. Copying from one card to the other measured about 90MB/s when using fast UHS-II SD and UDMA 7 CF cards. The Lexar Dual-Slot Reader posted some very fast read and write speeds using both CompactFlash and Secure Digital cards. The fastest read speeds using CF cards were only slightly below those seen in the Lexar Professional Workflow CFR1, the fastest CF reader tested to date. The Dual Slot topped out at 156.8 MB/s using a Lexar 1066x 32GB CF card. SD card speed was excellent, for both reading and writing.

Do you need only a single port? Or do you want multiple ports for more than one card? This will also be a factor in your decision-making process. If you have multiple devices, consider getting a reader or hub that supports all devices. It's possible to associate Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader errors with corrupt PC drivers. Drivers will work one day, and for a variety of reasons, suddenly quit working the next day. You don’t need to worry, because your Card Reader problem will definitely be repairable with an updated driver. As mentioned earlier, the Lexar Professional 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader is an amazing travel companion. I take it with me everywhere I go and it has not let me down once. What I like the most about the reader, is that the reader can be collapsed into its exterior plastic shell, not only making the card reader more compact, but also hiding those slots from dust and other potential debris. While I try to keep my bag clean, I have been to remote areas with a lot of dust, sand, rain / snow – hazards that can permanently damage any piece of electronics. So it is nice that the memory card readers can be hidden away when not being used. Don’t expect the reader to be waterproof though. If the reader falls into water or gets subjected to a lot of moisture, shake the water out and let it sit for a few days in dry environment and it should be good to go. There is no active power of any kind or batteries, so unless you plug it in, you won’t kill the unit. The Lexar Professional Dual-Slot Reader LRW400U is an update to the Dual-Slot LRW300U CF and SD card reader. It shares the same pop-up case design and adds support for UHS-II SD cards. The reader also supports standard SD, SDHC and SDXC cards including UHS-I and CompactFlash cards up to UDMA 7. Opening up the reader is super simple – just push the two plastic pieces on the side and it comes right up. 3) Performance

Recognized for best-in-class capabilities as an ISV (Independent Software Vendor)

The Lexar Dual-Slot Reader was tested with a variery of CompactFlash and Secure Digital cards. The Lexar Professional 2000x UHS-II 64GB SDXC measured 268MB/s sequential read speed and 250MB/s write speed. Using UDMA7 CompactFlash cards such as the Lexar Professional 1066x 128GB, the reader reached over 158MB/s read and 155MB/s write speeds. Results using various cards can be viewed in the table below. With UHS-II SD cards the Dual Slot LRW400U was not quite as fast as the Lexar SR2 UHS-II SD card reader. The CF card write speed improved over the previous Dual Slot reader, up from 139MB/s to over 155MB/s with the new reader.

Compare prices on the Lexar Professional Dual Slot Reader reader. The lowest prices are highlighted in the table below. Card Reader Bright blue LED turns on when a card is inserted and flashes when a card is being accessed. The CF card slot offers a firm and positive feel, with little play. The CF card inserts to about 3/4-inch (19mm) depth which should eliminate any concern of bent pins. The SD card slot is about 5/8-inch (16mm) deep and has a similar precise feel. Both cards protrude the same amount and with only 3/32-inch (2.5mm) between them grasping the smaller SD card can be difficult when a CF card is inserted. Compatibility is listed as Mac OS X 10.5+ and Windows 7/Vista/XP. The Lexar Professional Dual-Slot Reader is covered by a five-year limited warranty. Made in China. Updating USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader driver benefits include better hardware performance, enabling more hardware features, and increased general interoperability. Potential risks of installing the wrong Card Reader drivers include PC instability, slower performance, and random crashes. What format of SD cards do you use? UHS-II is the second generation of SD cards released in 2013, which offers faster read/write speeds than the first generation. Most camera’s on the market use only UHS-I SD or MicroSD cards. But cameras with long buffer’s and fast continuous shooting speeds usually support these second-generation cards. Knowing which cards your camera uses, will help separate options, as some readers don’t support UHS-II cards. Alternatively, if they do, they only transfer at UHS-I speeds, defeating the whole purpose of buying them altogether. Read & Write SpeedThe Lexar Professional Dual-Slot Reader provides a convenient way to read CF and SD cards and has a unique pop-up design to protect the slots when not in use. The latest version of this reader supports CompactFlash cards with UDMA 7. A firmware update is available to update earlier versions of this reader. The Secure Digital slot supports SD/SDHC/SDXC cards including UHS-I. Solvusoft: Microsoft Silver Certified Company Recognized for best-in-class capabilities as an ISV (Independent Software Vendor)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment