276°
Posted 20 hours ago

BIC Cristal Fun Ballpoint Pens With Wide Tip (1.6mm) Pens For Colourful Writing In Assorted Colours, Box of 20

£3.115£6.23Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

a b Waka, Brenda. "Response Strategies of Haco Industries Kenya Limited to the Challenges of Counterfeit Products in East Africa" (PDF). Haco Industries Kenya Limited . Retrieved 21 April 2017– via University of Nairobi Digital Repository. The pen's dimensions are 5 + 7⁄ 8 by 1⁄ 2 inch (14.9cm ×1.3cm) with the cap, [10] or 14.5cm ×0.7cm ( 5 + 11⁄ 16in × 1⁄ 4in) without the cap. a b Stamp, Jimmy. "The Universal Typeface Project Averages the World's Handwriting to Produce an Incredibly Average Font". Smithsonian . Retrieved 15 March 2017.

I like bics but all of these 1.6mm I bought(over 30) leak likr a sive.They were going to my sisters grade 3 class but had to toss the lot.two thumbs down However, hope springs eternal, and I keep buying and trying these types of pens. I want to like them, but somehow they never seemed quite right. Until now. Hauser, Christine; Anderson, Christina (21 April 2017). "At This Museum, Failures Are Welcome". The New York Times.

a b c d Fletcher, Alan, ed. (2006). Phaidon Design Classics – Volume 2 (1. publ.ed.). London: Phaidon Press. ISBN 0-7148-4399-7. A Book for Her by Bridget Christie review – a hybrid of writing and performance". the Guardian. 20 July 2015 . Retrieved 4 June 2021.

From Gel Pens to Highlighters, we’ve got all the writing essentials for your desktop in our Writingrange, all available today on next day delivery from Staples. The BIC Cristal (stylised as BiC Cristal and also known as the Bic pen) is an inexpensive, disposable ballpoint pen mass-produced and sold by Société Bic of Clichy, Hauts-de-Seine, France. It was introduced in 1950 and is the best-selling pen in the world, with the 100 billionth sold in September 2006. It has become the archetypal ballpoint pen and is considered ubiquitous, [1] to the extent that the Museum of Modern Art has made it a permanent part of its collection. Its hexagonal form and design mimics a standard pencil and it is sold in six types of point and 18 colours around the world. Finally, if the Bic Cristal interests you from a design or historical perspective, both Philip Hensher's The Missing Inkand James Ward's The Perfection of the Paper Clipdiscuss the history and development of the Bic ballpoint pen in some detail (as well as diving deep into other aspects of stationery minutiae). I highly recommend both books. Bich invested heavily in advertising, hiring poster designer Raymond Savignac in 1952. That year Bic won the French Oscar de la publicité award for advertising. [2] In 1953 advertising executive Pierre Guichenné advised Bich to shorten his family name to Bic as an easy-to-remember, globally adaptable trade name for the pen, which fit in with product branding trends of the post-war era. [5] Early Bic advertisements in France referred to the Cristal as the "Atomic pen". [6] Throughout the 1950s and 1960s, the Bic Cristal's writing tip and ergonomic design helped shift the worldwide market for pens from fountain pens to ballpoints. In 1944, near the end of the Second World War, entrepreneur Marcel Bich bought a factory in Clichy, a suburb north of Paris, [2] and with business partner Edouard Buffard founded Société PPA (later Société Bic) in 1945. "PPA" stood for Porte-plume, Porte-mines et Accessoires; pens, mechanical pencils and accessories. During the war Bich had seen a ballpoint pen manufactured in Argentina by László Bíró. Between 1949 and 1950 the Bic Cristal was designed by the Décolletage Plastique design team at Société PPA. [3] [4] Bich invested in Swiss technology capable of shaping metal down to 0.01 millimetres (0.00039in), which could produce a stainless steel one-millimetre (0.039in) sphere which allowed ink to flow freely. [5] Bich developed a viscosity of ink which neither leaked nor clogged and, under a ballpoint pen patent licensed from Bíró, launched the Cristal in December 1950. [3]For a few years now, pen manufacturers have been making broader pen points than 1.0 mm, which for a long time used to be the most standard nib size (I am guessing) commonly available. Of these larger sizes that started appearing in the stores, 1.4 mm and 1.6 mm seem to be the most common. (I don't recall ever seeing a 1.2 mm nib. Do they exist? Would they be that much different from 1.0 to be able to tell any difference at all? Inquiring minds, etc. etc.) I would look at these pens and think, "Who in the world would want to write with that chunky thing?" And then I would buy them. And try them. And generally not care for them, so the answer to my question would be, "Not me, obviously."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment