276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MAMMOTH New Replacement Lock Chain Sleeve 1.8m

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Remember that one of the great things about making top down garments is that you can adjust them as you go. A round yoke garment is created by making a circular or oval piece with a hole in the centre for the head. Spiroll is a useful addition to a yacht's onboard rigging spares kit because it can be deployed without unfastening either end of the line - simply unfurl it and let it roll itself onto the rope in need of protection. When counting your stitches on a raglan yoke, you may find it easier to count in sections rather than the whole row at once. This education piece is a big part of my mission. It’s why I write so many blog posts, like breaking down how these things are put together. Because once you understand that, you can bend those crochet stitches to your will!

Once you have crocheted to the end of the yoke, you will split it to create the body and armhole sections. For a sweater, a yoke is typically a closed loop with a hole for the head. For a cardigan it is open, with the edges creating the front of the cardigan. City bike chain guards usually cover the chain fully, while more sportive models have an open chain guard. The increase is made and the yarn is threaded through, using your crochet hook, into the centre stitch of the 3 stitches which make up the increase. This now marks where the increase will be made on the next round.

Chain Guard Lacquer Cloth

Also: COUNT. YOUR. STITCHES! 6. How to avoid gaps at the underarm when crocheting sleeves into a yoke If you transport your bike in a car, keep it in your house, apartment, or dorm room, or travel with your bike, a chain cover is a solution to a problem you did not realize you had. With a raglan yoke, all the increases are typically placed at the corners / raglan seams, whereas with a round yoke, the stitches are usually distributed evenly around the piece. Given the incredible variation in bust and shoulder sizes of humans, it is not feasible to create a pattern which offers one size fits all, or even one size fits one size for that matter, because there is no such thing. We are all different.

The size of these gaps will depend on the specific design and types of stitches used, but it can be a common problem.

Shirt sleeve garters - Make a fashion Statement

This is what I tried to do when I started crocheting yoke sweaters. However, I always ended up getting the chain twisted and making a mess. It works by putting nylon or heavy-duty fabric cover around the cranks, chain, rear derailleur, and sometimes the rear cassette. If your corner increases include chain spaces (for example), make sure you’re familiar with whether the pattern includes these in the stitch count. I’ve seen this small detail cause a lot of confusion with some patterns. I can’t emphasises enough that you should keep an eye on your stitch count. It’s so obvious, but such an easy step to skip Full disclosure, this is not a technique I have experience of in this context but I know it is commonly used in knitting and some crochet designers use in yoke sweaters too. So I would be remiss to ignore it (even if I can only give you generic guidance).

You’ll crochet a stitch into the hump of each underarm chain (per the previous tip), work around the last row of the armhole section of the yoke and then into each of the remaining underarm chains made when you split the yoke. At Hollandbikeshop.com you’ll find these chain guard in various sizes, so you can always choose the chain guard that's right for your bicycle. On the first round of the sleeve, when working into the last of the underarm chains, instead of skipping the row-end of the yoke split row, make a single crochet 2 together (sc2tog), working both into the last underarm chain and the side of that stitch / row-end on the first round of the body.Of course, this will depend on the design you’re working, but placing stitch markers in the stitch where the next increase will go is a good way to avoid missing the spot. How to use running stitch markers I find them particularly helpful when crocheting raglan designs. I place them in the corners so I don’t blissfully keep crocheting all the way round without increasing. Some of these tips are more suited to raglan designs, some round yokes, but mostly they apply to both styles. Getting this right was a bit of a game changer for me. So instead of disliking the look of the underarms, I could put my hands up in the air and wave them round like I just don’t care! With round yokes, you may want to place stitch markers every 10 or 20 stitches so you can count in sections.

If you are making an item using taller stitches, then you may want to think about working a 3 together / 3tog type stitch to completely close the gap. After you split the yoke, the first ‘proper’ row of the body will involve working into the yoke split row and into the underarm chains you made. Note that I say for multiple sizes here. Designing a custom one-off raglan design can be great fun and a really useful way to play with the technique. Grading them for multiple sizes is a whole other ball game though. 7 essential tips for crocheting top-down garmentsTubular webbing is a flexible rope protection sleeve which is easy to fit and keep in place - ideal for threading on to mooring lines and on to the loops spliced in the end of the line. I can’t produce a pattern that will fit everyone perfectly, but I can help educate you on how you can make it work for you. This is why most of my patterns offer guidance on how to adjust a standard pattern to fit you, or the recipient.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment