276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Which Way to Anywhere: From the No.1 bestselling author of HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Characters are alive and imperfect, providing a truly fantastic trajectory of growth and learning that readers will learn and grow from themselves. The hallmark Cowellisms are present, with enough creativity to carve its own path in children's literature and make me excited to read more in this world. The warring stepsiblings need to put their differences aside and embark on a journey to new lands to rescue their sister and father before it is too late! Mae K2 a’i efeilles Izzabird O’Hero, Theo a Mabel Smith ac Annipeck O’Hero Smith fach yn blant pur gyffredin mewn teulu cymysg sy’n byw bywydau normal ar y Ddaear.

Introducing us to a blended family of warring step-siblings - some of whom have magic, while others have no idea that it exists - the funny and fast-paced adventure begins when the youngest, baby Annipeck, is taken. Wish is a girl from a warrior tribe and Xar is a boy from a wizard tribe, living in a world loosely based on Ancient Britain at the beginning of the Iron Age, but where magic is real. Cowell constructs an entirely surreal universe with magic that pulls every which way, but keeps the narrative grounded by way of making it, at heart, a story about a conflicted group of siblings in a difficult but very real dynamic. You'd think that would be enough but Cressida then entwines the issue of Climate change so masterfully throughout the story it is breath taking.

Cressida Cowell really is the queen of world building, and with this marvellous book kicking off her newest series, she has done it again! Telgemeier’s bold colors, superior visual storytelling, and unusual subject matter will keep readers emotionally engaged and unable to put down this compelling tale. Izzabird and Theo are fighting because they do not like their combined family, but we never find out why beyond that Izzabird thinks the Smiths are boring and Theo things the O’Hero’s are witches. The magical secrets are bound to get out, though, because the four older children are about to go on a rip-roaring adventure twenty gazillion miles away. Cressida is an ambassador for the National Literacy Trust, a trustee for World Book Day and a founder patron of the Children's Media Foundation.

K2 and Izzabird O’Hero only agree with Theo and Mabel Smith, their stepsiblings, on two things—their love for shared half sibling, baby Annipeck and their wish to unblend their blended family. When their baby sister, Annipeck, is kidnapped, the warring stepsiblings will have to use K2’s gift to find a crossing point into one of those worlds and embark on a daring rescue mission. I hate to say, but really when all this book has is 4 kids, an evil force that they only encounter once and an illegal piece of paper; it's just a pile of words. But K2 has an unbelievable gift - he draws maps that lead to worlds beyond the wildest of imaginations.A stimulating and rewarding on-stage conversation; a lively informed and tolerant audience; privileged access to the great treasures of the Bodleian, and finally, wonderfully interesting dinner companions to help me conclude the best day I have enjoyed at any festival – anywhere.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment