276°
Posted 20 hours ago

D'Addario Guitar Strings - NYXL Electric Guitar Strings, NYXL1046, Unrivaled Strength, Tuning Stability, Enhanced Mid-Range For 6 String Guitars, zwart, 10-46 Regular Light

£6.17£12.34Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We love the Elixir Optiwebs too - these have to be some of the best electric guitar strings on offer because of their unique coating which helps them sound fresher for much longer. Recently, the D’addario XT range have made some pretty great strides as well, offering a protective coating on all six strings, as opposed to just the three or four wound strings. What are electric guitar strings made of? Read more about our rating system, how we choose the gear we feature, and exactly how we test each product. Related buyer's guides It’s great to see that guitarists can finally get many of the benefits of a coated string without the compromised tone and feel. It’s still recommended that you try any set of strings out to see how your hands react with the materials at hand, but I think it’s safe to say that many guitarists will love the benefits that D’Addarios XT range can bring to avoiding the dreaded string change! They cost a bit more than the average set, but are certainly worth the asking price. Highly recommended. The amount you'll need to change your strings will also vary. Regular performers will want to change strings for every show to ensure their guitar sounds the best it can. Ditto if you're spending time in the studio. On the other hand, if you're only playing at home you'll probably look to change them once a month or so. Lighter strings mean there is physically less string to move, so bending is easier. For some, light strings are too easy to bend, and find themselves going too far with it – it really is about matching your left and right hand touch with the right gauge, which might take a little trial and error.

Classical strings come in different tensions with “Normal” and “Hard” being the most common options and, sometimes, “Extra Hard.” Flat wound sets like Chromesor Tapewounds, afford a warmer, more mellow tone to blend into the mix. Coated strings increase the lifespan of acoustic strings, so you don’t have to change them as often. D'Addario are one of the most popular string masters in the world. They have built up a reputation of making incredible stringsthat not only last a long time but sound and feel great as well. This new set of NYXL12-60 strings are set to be even stronger and even more stable than any other D'Addario string yet.With classical strings, the material of the top three treble strings may differ from the material used on the bottom three bass strings. In the last issue of GI, I reviewed a new range of strings designed for acoustic guitar. I also posed the question, how often do you change your strings? And are you loyal to a particular brand? So the question for this review is: are you as particular when it comes to electric guitar strings? It's possibly easier to hear a difference with an acoustic guitar as its tone isn’t going to be masked by various other factors such as amps and effects. However, we all know how different your electric sounds with a nice fresh new set of strings on! And it gets particularly intriguing when you hear the claims being made for a new design of strings made by one of the very biggest in the business, D'Addario. Time to try a set of the new NYXLs! I noticed a difference in the studio and hopefully that difference comes through to you. String gauge is the same as the standard set of 10's. In a straight-up comparison, to my ears the NYs sound brighter, with better tonal consistency across the range, whilst also delivering more bite and punch. I also noticed a difference in output, this is probably due to the fact these new strings have 6% more magnetic permeability for higher output, essentially making them a little louder but still maintaining dynamic control. Things that can affect this include temperature and humidity changes, sweat and other corrosive materials, and your own playing technique. With that in mind, let's take a look at some of the best electric guitar strings on the market today. I'm going to lay my cards on the table here and tell you that I have been a long time user of D'Addario strings for all my guitars. They are my manufacturer of choice. However, I have no endorsement deal with them and no prejudices either way. I'm happy with the XLs I've been using so I was very interested to see/hear how these new NYXL strings compare to the regular XL.

Strings with less tension feel easier to play, while heavier strings provide a bit more volume and resonance.Flat wound sets like Chromes or Tapewounds, afford a warmer, more mellow tone to blend into the mix. Once electric guitar strings have been constructed, they may also undergo an additional process called “coating.” Coating adds a chemical substance to the outside of the strings to prevent corrosion. D’Addario has two main lines of coated strings: XS and XT. XT provides extended life with a natural feel, while XS—our premium coated string—provides maximum life, plus a smooth feel. Both will give you more time between string changes. D'Addario’s exclusive New York manufactured, high carbon steel alloy for unprecedented strength - play fearlessly D'Addario are one of the most popular string masters in the world. They have built up a reputation of making incredible stringsthat not only last a long time but sound and feel great as well. This new set of NYXL 9-42strings are set to be even stronger and even more stable than any other D'Addario string yet. Certain bass guitar string sets may also undergo a process called “coating.” Coating adds a chemical substance to the outside of the strings to prevent corrosion. D’Addario bass guitar strings are currently available with our XT coating, which offers extended life with a natural feel, to provide more time between string changes.

The reason you should change strings so often in certain situations is that strings have a short period of time when they're performing at their optimum level. Tuning stability was fantastic right from the off, a couple of initial stretches when putting them on and it was plain sailing form there, even my best attempts at Gilmour style tone and a half bends didn’t shift their stability! They got a good amount of abuse in those two weeks, including sweaty gigs, and I purposely didn’t wipe them down after to see how they would last, and whether the tone would be affected. There was hardly any tarnishing at the end of those two weeks and the tone stayed consistently bright. I'm normally a bit pedantic about changing my strings, on average around once a week, but I would have been more than happy to leave them for another week or so. The only reason I did change them was to do the A-B test for the video review.D’Addario is a household name when it comes to strings and, as one of the few companies manufacturing and controlling their own string production from start to finish, are trusted and used by millions of guitarists all over the globe. It’s big news when D’Addario innovates with a new type of string, and their latest development, the XT Strings range, the brand has caused quite a buzz in the guitar industry. As guitarists and bass players, we need our strings to be reliable, they need to sound great and they need to stay in tune. Three very simple requests that mean so much to us as musicians and something that the team at D’Addario think about every day when they’re crafting their NYXL strings. The D'Addario NYXL stringshave been designed to work harder, bend farther and stay in tune longer than any other regular string you’ve played, and they deliver on that promise!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment